• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The fusion rifle is the only one I instantly scrap every time (INfusion rifle amirite?). I haven't tried the hand cannon yet though. The sniper rifle I have dropped with firefly, which is a pretty sweet combo.

I dunno

I feel like firefly is kind of lame on a sniper

SkylineRKR

Was cleaning up story missions I never played, got an exotic to pop from the "Might of Crota" ogre at the end of the Siege of the Warmind mission.

Crest of Alpha Lupi for Hunter. Seems like everyone gets these. But I'll take it.

At this point I'm more interested in trying to farm legendaries than exotics. I mean I've got a bunch of meh blue stuff and like 4 exotics. I need some purple guns and shit. I think at this point it's best to start banking up marks so I can buy Apple of Discord as the pulse rifle seems to be the gun that suits my play style the best.

Crest is the only Hunter chest exotic right now. I think its a 75% chance something will decode into an item for your class so yeah Hunters will get a lot of Crests if they keep decrypting chest engrams.

Don't do it anymore, unless you're above 300 and want a shot at a 310.

GhaleonEB

i would pay 50000 silver for carlton

They read this forum, you know. :p

Looking forward to the full patch notes. I really hope the emotes prices are reasonable; they've established the future of the embiggened Live Team on it, so they should be priced for success.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How much silver are we initially given?
No clue.
Opening the Lnkn52 donation.. Paypal link below.

uncle-sam-donate.gif

They read this forum, you know. :p

Looking forward to the full patch notes. I really hope the emotes prices are reasonable; they've established the future of the embiggened Live Team on it, so they should be priced for success.
I dont have high hopes when any big company goes "micro"transaction route.
Hojoe2L.gif

PuMa

I dunno

I feel like firefly is kind of lame on a sniper

It's one of the best PVE perks for a sniper, in my opinion. The percentage of your (non-boss) kills that are precision shots is probably higher than any other weapon type. I take it you weren't much a fan of Praedyth's Revenge either then?

rNilla

$5.00 per dance vs $5.00 pint of some stellar craft IPA at the local beer-pub... eh... sorry beer will always win. Let's see...

A beer only lasts as long as it takes you to drink it but a digital emote lasts forever (or until the servers shut down).

I think one emote will cost ~300 silver. You'll then have 200 leftover that you can't do anything with which will make you buy more silver.

Pretty much. You also can't buy 4 for 9.99 because you'll be short by 100, or 8 for 19.99 because again, short by 100.

Afrocious

I disagree. I'm well out of college so I don't feel the need to write an essay on this, but they're important to the story, and to the overall arch. Just the way that the long descriptions of feasts and food are going to contrast sharply with the lack of food come winter, these acutely dehumanizing acts
innkeeper's daughter/tysha/reek/jeyne/ugly girl/i could go on...
serve to highlight what little is truly good in that world. Also, it's a period piece of sorts, and it's not far from the reality it's based on. Reminds me a bit of Ivan's collection of facts and newspaper articles from Brothers Karamazov, maybe even works towards the same end.

The show is a different animal, but if the show included half of what we have in the books in the same level of detail, there would be serious backlash.

If we were talking about Redwall and food, I would buy that definitely. Can't say I ever paid attention to Martin's attention to detail about food, but that could just be me. That would be an interesting contrast, but since there hasn't been a book about the imminent winter, I gotta disagree on that point.

Perhaps I'm putting too much politics into it, but the justifying the content by saying it's a period peace is quite unsettling considering there's magical elements. I do see why such reasons are given, but I feel they're given too much leeway.

Lee

My brother and I (different homes, different xbox ones) share a digital copy of Destiny and one gold subscription, and we've also been able to share all purchases (expansions, TTK, collectors bonus stuff). Wondering how that will work with Silver.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I agree. The fusion rifle is the only one I instantly scrap every time (INfusion rifle amirite?). I haven't tried the hand cannon yet though. The sniper rifle I have dropped with firefly, which is a pretty sweet combo.

The shotgun is pretty terrible too. That rate of fire is so slow.

Deku Tree

They will probably sell them in bundles. Like 3-5 emotes per 500 silver.

I bet you can buy an RNG pack of three emotes for the price of two. And they guarantee that you won't get the same emote twice (just like how you don't get the same shader and ship to drop twice from Factions). Collect them all!

Lee

I think dances will be priced higher than gestures.

I just want the slow clap. Also, to have it say, "Triplike claps" in the feed. If they messed up and the feed is just generic "dances" or "emotes" or something, I'll pass on buying Silver.

UltimateInsignificantDwarfmongoose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom