• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

tumblr_mkoo6d3Iwp1qbper1o1_400.gif

What game is this?

I've only played two pvp games ever - The Last of Us on PS4(which was great) and Destiny. I never got teabagged in TLoU, so I assumed that teabagging was something people did in Halo in like 2005. Nope. People love to teabag in Destiny.
I really can't believe people still do that. It's not even insulting, it's just...weird. It's so outdated. Does this happen in CoD and other modern shooters? Do you guys teabag? Should I start teabagging?

Afrocious

I didn't need anything other than Make Contact and Shrug it off or whatever that was.

Loved wen I got summoned helping people with Ebrietas at the top of the elevator, I would come down to where the host was already being all like |o_ Must have looked so funny.

Haha yes!

I remember when I got summoned to help with Shadows of Yharnam. The dude groveled when I appeared. I figured he was having a rough time lol.

What game is this?

Dark Souls. The game that makes shadestep + using a sword glorious.

Jinjo

I wish they would allow silver trading.

"Offering hard mode KF runs. 1000 silver. You keep all items!"

WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN

Top of the page again?!

100.gif

IT'S COMIN

34 OT's in and we still have these 50 ppp fake top of the page posts? Smh.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Back logged, didn't get far enough to know there was stuff beyond castle ruin and demons.

Oh you need to play them tho!
1 is pretty weird but i did love the 2nd one.

I did however enjoy the more aggressive combat style of Bloodborne over the more "passive" Dark Souls.

E92 M3

I'm a huge Souls fanboy as well. Every single game, all achievements, hundreds of hours and MILLLIONS of souls.

Love my Souls.

Afrocious

Oh you need to play them tho!
1 is pretty weird but i did love the 2nd one.

I did however enjoy the more aggressive combat style of Bloodborne over the more "passive" Dark Souls.

I got out of my sword + board phase back in Demon's. Halfway through, I two-handed from that point on or dual-wielded.

Jumping into Bloodborne was the most natural thing. Hell, I can't even imagine fighting Smough and Ornstein with a shield.

Number45

Your first Vanguard Heroic strike per character also drops a guaranteed legendary engram (each of your first three Heroic strikes gives you 10 marks regardless of which character). Also this may have not been mentioned because it's self evident or whatever but the raid drops are per character also.
I wish the UI made this clear. I do one heroic per week because after that it doesn't list marks as a reward (and because it's just as useful to run the level 36 strikes with a 3oC up from what I can gather). :/

Destiny is really shitty at communicating quite a lot.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's not that slow. It's in the second highest impact tier (below Conspiracy Theory, Party Crasher, etc.) so it fires faster than all of those. I find cocoon to be a great combo with the shotgun too.

I agree. The shotgun is great.
Pull it out, take six shots/destroy six enemies, switch weapons, count to five and switch back to a full shotgun.

realcZk

"Looking at this graph that compares our previous curves, you might say, “Wait, we hated the first Iron Banner curve! The one for The Taken King one looks really close to the first one! What's wrong with you?” There are a ton of answers to that question..."

flkraven

Here is your friendly reminder that it will probably cost a ludicrous amount if you are looking to buy every single emote/cosmetic. Wouldn't be surprised if $20 only got you 5 of the emotes, so it'll be like $70 for all of them.

I have no problem with this since it is entirely cosmetic, but don't expect them to be reasonably priced, since no game in history with this 'feature' has ever been reasonably priced. For the average player, it will be about grabbing the 1 or 2 things that cater to their tastes, but Bungie will be targeting the white whales with this pricing scheme.

Oh, and expect a Gaming Side thread within 24 hours breaking down the total cost and shitting all over this.

zewone

So basically no difference between 300 and 310 in terms of damage taken or shots to kill. Pretty sure I said that a while back.

5% damage difference between 310 and 300, but most people aren't going to be 310.

And 5% probably won't change time to kill at all.

Afrocious

I put Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 on the same level. Demon's right underneath them but barely. Dark Souls 2 underneath them all given that game's design choices in environments and just playing the game.

Never tried Scholar of the First Sin though. I already had the 60fps experience on PC.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I got out of my sword + board phase back in Demon's. Halfway through, I two-handed from that point on or dual-wielded.

Jumping into Bloodborne was the most natural thing. Hell, I can't even imagine fighting Smough and Ornstein with a shield.

I played Bloodborne so much, think i completed the game a good amount of times to increase difficulty.

I have a feeling the expansion on whatever difficulty i reached is gonna fuck me up badly, since ive not played it since launch times.

Afrocious

I played Bloodborne so much, think i completed the game a good amount of times to increase difficulty.

I have a feeling the expansion on whatever difficulty i reached is gonna fuck me up badly, since ive not played it since launch times.

If it's going to be anything like Artorias of the Abyss in Dark Souls 1 or the Crowns in Dark Souls 2, you'll probably have to replay the game up to a certain point before getting to the DLC areas. By the time you reach them, you should be fine.

Artorias of the Abyss was what made me good at games with third-person cameras. Fighting Mandus with a sword without the silver amulet was fuck insane and I did it. Also fought Darklurker as a melee character.

level_delta.jpg

Am I wrong, or does this kind of stink?

but for the purposes of this article, you may assume that every 10 units of Light equals 1 Level on the following graph. For example: If I’m sitting at 280 Light, and attack someone with 300 Light, my disadvantage would be a delta of 2.​

I'm assuming that this chart is for level 40 players, but who knows? Does this chart apply twice if people aren't fully leveled? Once for character level, once for light level? And then again once for weapon level?

Light is so confusing now. So to manage damage correctly, I need to know the following:
  1. My character's level
  2. My character's overall light level
  3. My character's weapon's attack level
  4. My victim's level
  5. My victim's light level
Am I getting that right?

And there's also this:
There's a lot of secret math that gets done behind the scenes that I’m not going to get into​

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still, taken at face value, if I'm, say, a 290 going up against a 310, I'm taking about a 4% penalty. That's okay. It means my Pulse Rifle will crit for 37 instead of 38.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom