• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I expected, difference between ~300 Light player and ~310 Light player is basically zero.

Difference between a 310 player & 290 player is pretty negligible. Which is good for me, because I'm sitting at 295. It's nice to know that I won't hinder the performance of my team.

People love to teabag in Destiny.
I really can't believe people still do that. It's not even insulting, it's just...weird. It's so outdated. Does this happen in CoD and other modern shooters? Do you guys teabag? Should I start teabagging?

They really do. For practically no reason whatsoever. It's stupid but usually just makes me laugh. Can't take it seriously and don't recommend it, although I will gladly revenge bag pre-emptive baggers who think they've won a match before it's over.

Had a Skirmish match this morning where a full fire team of Strikers were using MIDA and flying around the map, shoulder charging and shot gunning the hell out of us. They got a huge lead and naturally started bagging on every kill. That made our comeback win (5k to 4.9k) so sweet, lol.

Man that's unfortunate.

<--- huge souls fan here.

How was Dark Souls 2's rerelease with all the DLC?

Ghaelon will come scold us if we get too far off topic here but DS2 really came together with the DLCs imo. I found a lot of vanilla levels very underwhelming (some great stuff too of course) but the DLCs were much closer to what I look for in a Souls game. Of course DS2 is still in fourth place behind the GoAT DS1, BB and DeS.

Strider

"There's a lot of secret math that gets done behind the scenes that I’m not going to get into"

Why not tho. Give me all the data.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If it's going to be anything like Artorias of the Abyss in Dark Souls 1 or the Crowns in Dark Souls 2, you'll probably have to replay the game up to a certain point before getting to the DLC areas. By the time you reach them, you should be fine.

Artorias of the Abyss was what made me good at games with third-person cameras. Fighting Mandus with a sword without the silver amulet was fuck insane and I did it. Also fought Darklurker as a melee character.

Time will tell. I just hope they add better feature COOP or something in those games, I know at least 1 who love these games but they can be a bit samey alone over long periods, and the already existing COOP is super weak at best.

If it's going to be anything like Artorias of the Abyss in Dark Souls 1 or the Crowns in Dark Souls 2, you'll probably have to replay the game up to a certain point before getting to the DLC areas. By the time you reach them, you should be fine.

Artorias of the Abyss was what made me good at games with third-person cameras. Fighting Mandus with a sword without the silver amulet was fuck insane and I did it. Also fought Darklurker as a melee character.

I liked the adition of Artorias DLC to be in the middle of the main campaign and somehow altering the vanilla game in some cutscenes and history. (I know you were the culprit Kaathe).

So basically "Light level matters", is only if you are a 230 up against a 310? >.>

Yep, The Light mechanic is the one who gives you most of your defense and damage in PVE thats why the fatebringer was still the best handcannon in TTK still. Bungie still trying to figure out how translate it to PVP before they realize they have to develop specific PVP gear and weapons with "PVP defense or more damage to Guardians" outside the Light mechanic without altering the PVE which in previous patches result into hilarious nerfs to weapon in both PVE in PVP enviroments.

Depenging only by Light level instead of proper item gear or full armor bonuses could be a little complicated for people who dont raid or dont have time to play it

Trakan

I beat Manus a few times without knowing what a silver amulet was or that it was even in the game, lol.

Lnkn52

They really do. For practically no reason whatsoever. It's stupid but usually just makes me laugh. Can't take it seriously and don't recommend it, although I will gladly revenge bag pre-emptive baggers who think they've won a match before it's over.

Had a Skirmish match this morning where a full fire team of Strikers were using MIDA and flying around the map, shoulder charging and shot gunning the hell out of us. They got a huge lead and naturally started bagging on every kill. That made our comeback win (5k to 4.9k) so sweet, lol.

Ghaelon will come scold us if we get too far off topic here but DS2 really came together with the DLCs imo. I found a lot of vanilla levels very underwhelming (some great stuff too of course) but the DLCs were much closer to what I look for in a Souls game. Of course DS2 is still in fourth place behind the GoAT DS1, BB and DeS.

They sound like WYL minions there.

neoism

You should never post when drunk.

nah.. its true.. i usually get the same replies in the main threads...my opinion and whatnot..

looks like ima have to really think the emotes through.. not paying 5 bones for a fucking emote... smh bungle is Activision'in it up...

PuMa

Ah the good 'ole revenge bag. Feels good.

SkylineRKR

Dark souls 2 SoTFS is fucking great.

Bloodborne has the better level design, atmosphere and mechanics, but DS2 has the content, the builds, the multiplayer, the fashion souls, the new game +. And the PS4 version hardly has load times and runs at a high framerate.

Bloodborne has the most lazy NG+ of any Souls type game. The game also cockblocks you from maxing more than one weapon per playthrough unless you go Chalice which frankly is a shitty addition.

For a single run, BB is better. But I feel DS2 is underrated. Yes, its not as good as Demon's, DS1 and BB. But its still better than 80% of the games I bought on PS4. It will set you back for weeks, and its just crazy well made compared to so many other games out in the wild. But I guess the criticisms show how absurdly good this franchise actually is.

flkraven

I'm glad that a 10 light level difference is basically 0 advantage. It would be unfair if the people that got the RNG blessing of 310s from the raid had a massive advantage at the poor souls with 300-302 drops.

Bungie hates giving us detailed statics and numbers - they think too low of us :(

That's not true. They are just secretive by nature, going back to their founding. But even then, every number they put out there they have to justify, then they have to justify again if they change it. "Secret Math" gives them maximum flexibility with minimum community fuss.

Strider

Bungie hates giving us detailed statics and numbers - they think too low of us :(

I know they do. And it suuucks. I want the actual numbers of changes, drop rates, etc.

One example from the 2.0 patch notes that annoys me:

Auto Rifles
Base Damage increased across all archetypes.

Ok Bungie but by how much exactly? Why not just tell us? I dont understand :(

Haha. Quick. Someone post that isnothing.gif along with the IB damange graph!

Also, Puma, you called it. Man, trials with the old crew, gonna be so good. I've been doing some good Titan shotgun skating lately.

nah.. its true.. i usually get the same replies in the main threads...my opinion and whatnot..

looks like ima have to really think the emotes through.. not paying 5 bones for a fucking emote... smh bungle is Activision'in it up...
I just spent 15.99 on the big pack..
I feel slightly ahamed and dirty now :(
Pat h just went live for me, assume servers are up now?

flkraven

I know they do. And it suuucks. I want the actual numbers of changes, drop rates, etc.

Auto Rifles

Well, people can just test that stuff though. I hate when they are vague about things that are impossible to test, like the length of time between 3oC uses so you aren't getting burned.

Tecnniqe

Banned
UPDATE FILE IS GO!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

I'm not sure why people are saying that a 3-4% difference is negligible. For IB it may not be much but at the higher levels of skill in a ToO, that can easily be the deciding factor in a gun fight. Losing one fight the difference between a W or L in the match, and the difference between Lighthouse visit or not.

zewone

Wait.

I've beat Manus plenty of times without any knowledge of the silver amulet. I didn't know what that was until just this second.

Damn I'm good.

E92 M3

That's not true. They are just secretive by nature, going back to their founding. But even then, every number they put out there they have to justify, then they have to justify again if they change it. "Secret Math" gives them maximum flexibility with minimum community fuss.

They were more lax with their numbers back in the Halo days (even the stat page was betters). I've been begging for a massive stats dump on Destiny, but alas we get nothing. Would be nothing better than to see how we played the last year.

Auto Rifles

Yeah, it's way too vague.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I don't mind Bungie having secrets. That's important. But if it's something that can be arrived at by the community testing guns and compiling data why not just come out with it so we don't have to waste our time? LOL

stb

$5.00 per dance vs $5.00 pint of some stellar craft IPA at the local beer-pub... eh... sorry beer will always win. Let's see...

This is precisely how I control my spending. Spending $20 on something doesn't sound like much until you realize that's 4 beers at the craft beer bar.

Auto Rifles

The same reason they got rid of Reforging.

Once people KNOW the facts behind the numbers, there will be no focus on building for playstyles and everyone will flock to the numerically best build. Bungie actively wants to discourage that kind of homogenization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom