• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamutPT

Strange Coins and Motes getting nerfed (semi-nerf only for Motes) while only buffing ONE source of Faction Rep is a huge punch to the gut.

Sullichin

Smoke Bombs used with Sealed Ahamkara Grasps no longer costs two charges

??
I've been rolling Nightstalker/Sealed Amakara's and I never noticed it taking up two charges for one smoke bomb

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

I imagine it's an indirect 3oC nerf, since that's really all the coins were good for. I would have kept some strange coins around had I known.

noomi

*looks in vault*

500 motes, 300 strange coins, 2000 weapons parts.....

I think I'm ok... just going to be more careful about spending now...

realcZk

overall great notes, some nice surprises in there, however

1. still cant tell if my infused spindle is brought down to 290 because the notes didnt go into enough detail

2. the economy nerf was a little shocking tbh, weapon parts are hard enough to come by...at least they are worth more for exchanging to rep?

E92 M3

*looks in vault*

500 motes, 300 strange coins, 2000 weapons parts.....

I think I'm ok... just going to be more careful about spending now...

I'm okay too, but hate the fact they took a guaranteed source of SC away and now made it even harder to obtain.

SkylineRKR

I imagine it's an indirect 3oC nerf, since that's really all the coins were good for. I would have kept some strange coins around had I known.

Yeah. It has to do with 3oC probably.

I guess they could increase the costs of 3oC to 10 per pack or something. Or hand out 4 instead of 5.

PuMa

“Shot Package” perks have been removed and replaced on Shotguns with a non-range-boosting perk
Good

Players can now reroll Stat nodes and Upgrade nodes on Exotic armor via the “Twist Fate” node
Whoa

Increased the number of potential Shards and added additional materials in the first King's Fall chest
Good

Shaxx's Weekly Bounties now unlock across all characters after completing the Crucible Questline on one character
Good

Sources for Motes of Light have been adjusted:
Ok...?

Weapon Parts from dismantling Uncommon or Rare Weapons have been reduced by around 25%
What?. Wait, why?!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Strange Coin Package 5 - $1.99
Strange Coin Package 10 - $2.49
Strange Coin Package 15 - $3.59

Motes of Light Package 5 - $1.99
Motes of Light Package 10 - $2.49
Motes of Light Package 15 - $3.59

Weapon Part Package 5 - $1.99
Weapon Part Package 10 - $2.49
Weapon Part Package 15 - $3.59

Armor Part Package 5 - $1.99
Armor Part Package 10 - $2.49
Armor Part Package 15 - $3.59

FinKL

I have like 10 shards, but I feel like those along with Strange Coins are my bottleneck. I didn't play as much in YR1.

It must suck to be coming in to TTK with no Strange Coins and now, getting less of them =/

Yeah. It has to do with 3oC probably.

I guess they could increase the costs of 3oC to 10 per pack or something. Or hand out 4 instead of 5.

Why is people getting exotics a bad thing? They are so afraid people will stop playing if they get the loot they want. I don't need a constant carrot to play Bungie. Please.

E92 M3

I have like 10 shards, but I feel like those along with Strange Coins are my bottleneck. I didn't play as much in YR1.

It must suck to be coming in to TTK with no Strange Coins and now, getting less of them =/

Year 1 players had the biggest advantage going in. Would suck to just start playing Destiny and barely having any strange coins.

PuMa

That economy nerf across the board is fucking brutal and hard hitting, for no reason.

Why Bungie, WTF?

Yeah. What's the deal? A way to slow progression? Make the grind longer? What's the justification here?

Strange Coins and Motes getting nerfed (semi-nerf only for Motes) while only buffing ONE source of Faction Rep is a huge punch to the gut.

Really strange choice. I mean, I still have a ton of motes, but SC's and weapon parts are still in limited supply for me. This is not a good change.

I bet rerolling exotics resets their power back to 280, in addition to their upgrade XP progress.

Thanks for doing that Bungie after I already got the 310 exotics that I want.

Fucking hope not. Seems like a way to get your 310 gear to how you like it. I really like Sealed Ahamkara's Grasp but the reload speed types I keep getting are terrible (shotgun, sidearm)

Dance list

Blowing a kiss
Slow clapping
Fist pumping
Crying on your knees
Dastardly rubbing your hands
Sliding a finger across your neck
Bowing like a martial arts master
Hanging your head in shame
Throwing a tantrum
Victory cheering
Congratulating others
Chest pumping
Beckoning foes
Cowering in fear
Pretending to swing a baseball
Calling someone "out" in the above sport
Dancing the Carlton

Oh. My. God.

Exotics
Fixed an issue where No Back Up Plans did not consistently trigger Force Barrier on Shotgun kills​

Does this mean what I think it means?

I am very, very confused.

Wasn't this "shotguns cause force barrier to proc'" on No Backup Plans a mistake that Bungie made in a BWI description that they very quickly changed and event tweeted that it was a mistake?

Now they are saying it actually does this, and they fixed it to make it work all the time?

WHAT WHAT WHAT??

Lnkn52

tumblr_mmil41nknL1rsh8hwo5_250.gif

So the only economy buff was for more motes during public and +25 more rep for turning in weapons parts, but everything else got nerfed? WTF! How are you not going to address NF rewards before slowing down the flow of rep, motes, and coins across the board? Honestly, the biggest fuck you is the weapons parts nerf. That makes zero sense to me. There is nothing more tedious and awful than trying to farm weapons parts. Even Y1 it sucked, but at least you could glimmer farm and then buy green engram weapons from Cryptarch. Now, green weapons cost 1500+ and the amount of parts they drops is turned down. Why? What fucking part of the economy was being broken by weapons parts?

Kyne

3-Training-Day-quotes.gif

Number45

I just bought $20 worth of silver. Let me in! I wanna spend it!
Do we know how much silver a single emote will cost?

Weekly Heroic Playlist now shows how many Weekly Bonus Legendary Mark awards remain
Ha, that's quick work Bungie I only moaned about it an hour ago!

Players can now reroll Stat nodes and Upgrade nodes on Exotic armor via the “Twist Fate” node
:eek:

Weapon Parts from dismantling Uncommon or Rare Weapons have been reduced by around 25%
This doesn't seem necessary. Weapon materials are around 1 million percent* harder to get than armour materials.

* rough estimate

SkylineRKR

Engram drops have been increased in TTK, which meant much higher rate of mats. And Motes can max your exotics in a matter of seconds. I guess this combination is the reason for a nerf.

Though weapon engrams seem to drop way less than armor.

Why is people getting exotics a bad thing? They are so afraid people will stop playing if they get the loot they want. I don't need a constant carrot to play Bungie. Please.

I dunno.

I mean, pre Y2 there were much more chances at exotics. 2 Raids you could do 3 times each, Prison of Elders, Nightfall... Now its just about popping 3oC and beating an Ultra. And there is only KF Raid and NF.

PuMa

8QmBtM43eMPKg.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This simply means I'll be grinding these things now and will start to resent the game...

...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom