• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I hide all images to save data, they all just show up as links. Otherwise my crappy phone will have a meltdown and wont load the pages.
I have everything but avatars and currently gifs off. Had to turn on gifs cause since yesterday, they wouldn't load unless I turn it on. But image still shows up for me.

Now if I can get gifs to work again with setting off I'll be golden. So many people post huge ass gifs.

Don't really get what people are upset about. Sure, it's not particularly challenging, but I'm all for guaranteed 320 drops after the shitshow that was raid loot.

Nah, I don't think so. I mean, look at Twilight, he's still playing despite handcannons being nerfed.

What's a little spider roaming inside your mouth.

😦

Namikaze1

Nah, I don't think so. I mean, look at Twilight, he's still playing despite handcannons being nerfed.

What's a little spider roaming inside your mouth.
I feel like google searching this image of this cute chick who smiles at the camera and then opens her mouth. A spider ends up crawling out. Someone ended up making a reverse gif in one of the old GAF off topic threads.

But doing so would require me to wade through a bunch of spider pics.

Insert Dark Souls/Bloodborne nope.gif(s)

phen0m24

1) as much as I hate spiders after the brown recluse family decided my trunk was a great place to live, they are super helpful with bug removal

2) Would someone please check out the Gunsmith PDX rolls? Apparently there is a good one? (They may be due to holdover though I'm not sure he offered one this week)

Namikaze1

Let's cleanse this thread.

Here's a cute puppy:

cute-puppy-o.gif

E92 M3

I would pay Bungie $20 to quadruple the vault. I am at the point where getting more loot is a hassle because there is simply no space to hold all of this infusion fodder!

Damn the last gen lol

noomi

Golgoroth challenge will be challenging. Count on it.

2 dedicated gazers, 1 to clear adds. Leaves you with just 3 for dps on the boss compared to 5 with the single-gaze strat.

This was the way we did it when KF came out, but people who have only done 1-gaze will struggle initially.

We've started doing double gaze again on HM Gologoroth a few weeks back and haven't had much issue with it. Especially when you have two hunters, it becomes pretty easy to shadestep out of the orbs way. The fight is actually more fun and engaging this way.

Double Gaze > Single Gaze

Either way, curious to see what it actually ends up being next week. Even more curious what having all 50 calcified fragments gets us.

E92 M3

We've started doing double gaze again on HM Gologoroth a few weeks back and haven't had much issue with it. Especially when you have two hunters, it becomes pretty easy to shadestep out of the orbs way. The fight is actually more fun and engaging this way.

Either way, curious to see what it actually ends up being next week. Even more curious what having all 50 calcified fragments gets us.

Hopefully, whatever is inside this cave ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Daemul

Yea lifechecks on game forums always make me lol. Was funny reading that one thread a few months ago where i mentioned that 40 hours of Destiny was a drop in a bucket and somebody asked me if i had other shit going on. The expansion had been out for 6 weeks at that point. You're bound to play the game for 40 hours within that time and then go on to play it for much longer.

I remember that guys post, and I remember trying to figure out just what the hell he was talking about. There is 1008 hours in 6 weeks, playing Destiny for 40 hours makes up 4% of that time frame. It's literally nothing.

The reddit battle isn't the 99% vs the 1%. It's the 1% vs the 0.01%.

This is true, if you're dedicated enough to post on a games subsection then you are not a casual player of that game. The argument is essentially the Hardcore vs the slightly more Hardcore.

ethomaz

Banned
So Bungie did the good and right thing with Challenge and people complain lol

I think Challenge is a option to get better loot in a mission (in this case Raid boss kill) and it works like intended * FINALLY *

The Challenge don't need to be crazy complex or hard... just some specific task to accomplish some objective inside a boss battle.

I expect the next Raid to have a lot more Challenges... multiples to be fair per Boss kill... it is the best way to reward outside the kill drops.

Bungie is in the right direction.

Grimoire and that Hunger Pangs Quest Shader.

GlamFM

Banned
Once drank out of a bottle of water without paying attention when suddenly I felt something in my mouth that... didn´t quite feel like water.

Ran to the bathroom to spit it out in the sink.

Yep, sure enough it was a huge spider - still alive too.

True story.

flkraven

This is true, if you're dedicated enough to post on a games subsection then you are not a casual player of that game. The argument is essentially the Hardcore vs the slightly more Hardcore.

It's the Destiny hardcore, who care about the game so much that they discuss it on reddit and frequently consume destiny-related content on youtube vs the Destiny content creators who literally attempt to be the first group to complete something, who have millions of youtube and twitch followers, and who get to experience content first bc Bungie flies them out to see everything first hand.

Homeboyd

Once drank out of a bottle of water without paying attention when suddenly I felt something in my mouth that... didn´t quite feel like water.

Ran to the bathroom to spit it out in the sink.

Yep, sure enough it was a huge spider - still alive too.

True story.
giphy.gif

flkraven

The biggest criticism I have about Challenge Mode is the way Bungie hyped it. The way they positioned Challenge mode, it sounded like it was the third version of the raid. Normal, Hard, Challenge. Only recently did the communication on that change.

That really is my main gripe with Bungie overall. The way they communicate things prior to delivering is piss poor sometimes. Vague statements that involve a bunch of guess work, prefacing the refer-a-friend program as a way to reward sherpas, etc..

ethomaz

Banned
The biggest criticism I have about Challenge Mode is the way Bungie hyped it. The way they positioned Challenge mode, it sounded like it was the third version of the raid. Normal, Hard, Challenge. Only recently did the communication on that change.

That really is my main gripe with Bungie overall. The way they communicate things prior to delivering is piss poor sometimes. Vague statements that involve a bunch of guess work, prefacing the refer-a-friend program as a way to reward sherpas, etc..
I read all Bungie talk about Challenge and in no way they said anything close to a new mode but they were fair saying it was specific tasks to kill raid bosses.

That is what happened.

Challenge mode is what I expected with better loot table (yeap I didn't expect Bungie doing this good in the loot table... it amazes me yet)

Conversations about difficulty miss the point when it comes to the Warpriest Challenge Mode. The minimum threshold for a Challenge mode should have been "different" and it wasn't even different. Like, does Bungie watch how people play the raid at all? I mean Hard Mode didn't change any strategies, even Golgoroth. You can still two cycle War Priest. And now, the "Challenge" Warpriest is the same thing? Nobody takes the aura twice on Warpriest. What on earth?

Like, we did the exact same strategy we always use. It was no different, other than this time, we got good loot.

People are loving that they finally are getting good loot in the Raid and it just seems sad to me. With Taken King, we're at the point where we get good loot in Crucible once a month with Iron Banner and from only one boss per week in the Raid.

How much stingier can Bungie be?

Deku Tree

I bet it´s a 330 artifact.

The next time you go to Germany, remember mine.

Good idea. A 320 ToM would be a slap on the face to everyone who infused theirs IMO.

330 artifact could help you get from 319 to 320 but it couldn't get you from 320 to 321.

The extra ten light gives you .8 light points.

ethomaz

Banned
Conversations about difficulty miss the point when it comes to the Warpriest Challenge Mode. The minimum threshold for a Challenge mode should have been "different" and it wasn't even different. Like, does Bungie watch how people play the raid at all? I mean Hard Mode didn't change any strategies, even Golgoroth. You can still two cycle War Priest. And now, the "Challenge" Warpriest is the same thing? What on earth?

Like, we did the exact same strategy we always use. It was no different, other than this time, we got good loot.

People are loving that they finally are getting good loot in the Raid and it just seems sad to me. With Taken King, we're at the point where we get good loot in Crucible once a month with Iron Banner and from one boss per week in the Raid.

How much stingier can Bungie be?
Key word: WE

Are you sure most Destiny players kills Warpriest that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom