• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

Have you seen my Spare Change?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CU_JRI7WEAATg0g.png[IMG]

41/42 Max Crit. I prefer the slower rate of fire so I can't get used to Hawksaw/Suros[/QUOTE]

Yours has braced frame but yet shows 27 rounds? Mine has hand laid but the item viewer on the website shows 24. What is this!
I agree with you though, I don't like the Hawksaw/PDX45.
I'm still waiting for the gunsmith to sell the PDX41, which is the medium tier pulse.

i just used S U R O S R E G I M E on Bastion and then got in an Interceptor
rejoice.png

and then I got pulse rifled :(

Yours has braced frame but yet shows 27 rounds? Mine has hand laid but the item viewer on the website shows 24. What is this!
I'm still waiting for the gunsmith to sell the PDX41, which is the medium tier pulse.

PDX-41 is so so nice.

PvE:

12295337_985699754801629_4662213536219264280_n.jpg

PvP:

12341200_985699878134950_6285803252450534938_n.jpg

I'd love to see a Crucible where Pulse Rifles and Shotguns are nerfed into complete irrelevancy along with Sniper Aim Assist. If you aren't playing teams camping the back of the map with Snipers and Pulse Rifles, they're running and jumping around with Shotguns. Used a Shotgun for a several games tonight and it's stupid how easy it is to jump at someone and get a kill. At least in Year One' we could two shot them before they even got close.

lol at Mida Multi Tool being out DPSed by Hawksaw at range and not staggering a Sniper... like every other Pulse Rifle. Let's nerf Hand Cannons to make Scouts better...and then buff Pulse Rifles to make Scouts pointless again.

FAg7ldO.gif

/cruciblethings

On an unrelated note, there's no way I'm giving up Gunslinger. Golden Gun with Symbiote is too clutch.

the_id

Anyone up for a fresh HM raid or Nightfall? I've only got one character, so I can't farm Warpriest Challenge Mode sorry.

Its a glitch, braced is 21

I'd love to see a Crucible where Pulse Rifles and Shotguns are nerfed into complete irrelevancy along with Sniper Aim Assist. If you aren't playing teams camping the back of the map with Snipers and Pulse Rifles, they're running and jumping around with Shotguns. Used a Shotgun for a several games tonight and it's stupid how easy it is to jump at someone and get a kill. At least in Year One' we could two shot them before they even got close.

Also, lol at Mida Multi Tool being out DPSed by Hawksaw at range and not staggering a Sniper like every other Pulse Rifle. Let's nerf Hand Cannons to make Scouts better...and then buff Pulse Rifles to make Scouts pointless again.

I used Mida for the Scout part of Shaxx quest and it was hella fun with a max agility Nightstalker, only a 57 Crit (iirc) but the movement speed more than makes up for it. I'm just using that or TLW now in prep for the patch and pulses where needs must

daedalius

Man, inferno is just so good.

I think I love it less for the no radar, and more for the fact you don't spawn with special, special spawns less, and heavy doesn't spawn at all.

Did well enough with hawkmoon, December patch can't get here soon enough to get rid of disappearing bullets.

I think I love it less for the no radar, and more for the fact you don't spawn with special, special spawns less, and heavy doesn't spawn at all.

Did well enough with hawkmoon, December patch can't get here soon enough to get rid of disappearing bullets.

Mayhem Rumble and Inferno Rumble are definitely my favorite modes in the game.

No radar is the best part. Makes you aware of your surroundings more.

Daemul

I've said this plenty of times on this forum and I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but Inferno is the closet thing that Destiny has to a competitive and balanced mode, it is what Trials should be like.

I've said this plenty of times on this forum and I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but Inferno is the closet thing that Destiny has to a competitive and balanced mode, it is what Trials should be like.

Trials with no radar/special ammo spawns might ruin me.

people don't camp with no radar. you have to move and be cautious of your surroundings or you'll be flanked.

anomaly is campy because you know when people are right around the corner and prescope them.

Maybe not in other modes but trials I think would be campy due to the nature of the game type.

Daemul

Trials with no radar would be terrible. The campiness would make me jump off a cliff.
Nah, camping wouldn't work in Trials with Inferno rules, no radar and no special means that people can easily outflank you and get the jump on your team.

If you aren't constantly moving then you're in for a very bad day.

Edit:Beaten by Zoba

Ayyyyy

Im surprised that last shot hit

Its crazy just how unreliable TLW is in 2.0. I used to get into 3v1 firefights and be confident that i was gonna win (thats because it was OP but still) if i played it right. Now if i meet more than 1 im running to get a better position and if its just one guy i still dont know if my bullets will decide to hit. Who made these decisions?

Ayyyyy

Im surprised that last shot hit

Its crazy just how unreliable TLW is in 2.0. I used to get into 3v1 firefights and be confident that i was gonna win (thats because it was OP but still) if i played it right. Now if i meet more than 1 im running to get a better position and if its just one guy i still dont know if my bullets will decide to hit. Who made these decisions?

poasted https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._december_who_else_is_ready_for_hand_cannons/

inb4 people tell me to hipfire with it. like i don't do that or it is anymore guaranteed to hit.

Jinjo

lol at Mida Multi Tool being out DPSed by Hawksaw at range and not staggering a Sniper... like every other Pulse Rifle. Let's nerf Hand Cannons to make Scouts better...and then buff Pulse Rifles to make Scouts pointless again.

FAg7ldO.gif

/cruciblethings

On an unrelated note, there's no way I'm giving up Gunslinger. Golden Gun with Symbiote is too clutch.

That's not really a balanced multiplayer mode either, this way you're just changing the meta to suit your personal flavour (not very dissimilar to how we have gone from AR to HC to PR meta now). Not a single gun (class) should be irrelevant.

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Last nights raids were a success, pretty happy with all the loot. Hit 318 on my hunter, 317 on my warlock and titan. Good times.

Shelving Destiny until next Tuesday though.... as much as I love this game. I'm having a lot of fun playing through some much needed backlog.

Jinjo

wasn't implying it was.

But is that not what we really want? I remember during the Thorn meta everyone was saying the same things about handcannons; 'nerf Thorn into oblivion'. Well that happened, now all handcannons are total dogshit and half of the Destiny population wants the handcannons back. Rightfully so, and it is happening, but let's not destroy another gunclass again in the process. Hopefully Bungie doesn't 'overdo' it (the buffs/nerfs) again like they've done before.

Edit: I see your edit now. Yeah, as I said, Bungie has 'overdone' with certain buffs/nerfs in the past. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

And if not, my Does Not Bow is ready to reign supreme in the new AR kingdom.

Morning DGAF!

Last nights raids were a success, pretty happy with all the loot. Hit 318 on my hunter, 317 on my warlock and titan. Good times.

Shelving Destiny until next Tuesday though.... as much as I love this game. I'm having a lot of fun playing through some much needed backlog.

I love being in Destiny "maintenance mode". Cleared up all the raids yesterday in one evening. Had a blast with my fellow Destiny buds, but that was enough for the week probably. Maybe I'll run some strikes later this week, but I like having 'time' for other good games again.

But is that not what we really want? I remember during the Thorn meta everyone was saying the same things about handcannons; 'nerf Thorn into oblivion'. Well that happened and now all handcannons are total dogshit and half of the Destiny population wants the handcannons back. Rightfully so, and it is happening, but let's not destroy another gunclass again in the process. Hopefully Bungie doesn't 'overdo' it (the buffs/nerfs) again like they've done before.

Thorn's "2-tap and take you out of the fight for 5 seconds" broke the game and was rightfully "nerfed into the ground". Now it's "balanced" aside from the general Hand Cannon accuracy issues that nobody was asking for. Thorn didn't have to drag the whole class along with it though. (I think The Last Word's TTK was fine since it was punishing to Shotgun users, who can now tank 6 shots and still close the gap. Honestly would not have touched anything outside of its range and aim assist.)

The whole Pulse Rifle class on the other hand is in fact a problem, from the ability of the high impact ones to drop shields to red in one burst and stagger snipers (hence their ban from competitive scrimmages), to their ease of use and versatility at all ranges - effectively overshadowing every other weapon archetype. The sandbox has indeed always had one irrelevant class, and looking at the past metas that we have had it should have stayed Pulse Rifles, given that their whole archetype overtook everything else once they were buffed. (There's only 3 maps in the game where a Scout Rifle would be a better choice than a Pulse Rifle.)

Unrelated, and not to mention anyone in particular, but I'm losing patience with people who bring up my bias towards Hand Cannons as a defense for the sake of Pulse Rifles, or anything else in the sandbox. No fucking shit i'm biased towards them because they are not one-dimensional. Aside from Shotguns, Hand Cannons are the only archetype that lets you shoot while navigating the cluttered maps in the game. Everything else is wildly inaccurate until you land and they all require you to stand still while aiming down sights. Standing still in a game with dozens of AoE abilities goes against my programming - it's the quickest way to die, therefore the opposite of that would be mobility. There are plenty of Pulse Rifles that I like, but they all play the exact same as the next, and the exact same as Autos and Scouts. Those encounters end up being decided by effective ranges and the weapons themselves, and that's just fucking boring. Hand Cannons on the other hand involve strafing, jumping, peek shooting and a far more diverse set of gameplay. It's telling when there is more variation in the way one Hand Cannon is used than an entire class of Pulse Rifles. (Yes I'm looking for a Hawksaw with hipfire and have considered running Bad Juju, but i'd still be melted by people standing still aiming down their sights.)

As far as interesting gunplay in the game goes, Hand Cannons are at the top, followed by Scouts and Autos with stand-still-and-burst-fire-guns dead last. It doesn't have to be that way, but it's what happened. Did anyone think Scout Rifles needed a hip fire nerf?
0b659c452f337d5fe3f00f840b3172bc.png

Why?

I didn't come into Destiny expecting to play it like Halo, but perhaps it's because I came from Halo that I appreciate combat where the victor is decided by how well they move and aim - which Destiny has very little of. So it's disappointing to see Bungie shy away from that in favor of having everyone standing still shooting laser accurate weapons across the map at each other. For all the grief Thorn gave me, I'd rather deal with that than Pulse Rifles because the Thorn user could be sniped and out strafed, and they're more likely to engage me instead of sit back. The game right now revolves around staggering the guy trying to snipe you across the map and vice versa, and I honestly would not mind if this playstyle was made irrelevant.

And I absolutely do not think the game has to cater to the "esports competitive" crowd to have more interesting gunplay. Just for the love of RNGesus, if you're going to make maps like Sector, at least let me jump on the crates and shoot people.

ethomaz

Banned
Good morning DGAF.

What I plan to do today...

+ Last Warpriest challenge plus a full Raid Run * from Totens *
+ Grind Crota End's from Deathsinges to get 4th Horseman Y1
+ Grind material for ToM max upgrade
+ Grind material for 2 Sword quest (Solar and Arc)
+ Grind 7 kills on Crucible with Hand Canons

A lot of things lol

ethomaz

Banned
Challenge mode happened, according to Reddit its perfect and anyone complaining is an elitist, they also want revives in HM. What really got them riled though was this Datto video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKAhB9Tgxlg&feature=youtu.be&a
To be fair the Challenge drop table is the best ever I see in Destiny.

It is a 100% change to get 2 highest level of gears in the game... it is perfect and like everybody wanted before.

They can even increase the challenge difficult if the drop table stay this consistent... I won't bottler to play until get these 320 gears.

Daemul

Reddit is full on war with the 99% against the 1% at the moment.

The 1% of the 1% thing has become a meme now, anytime I see someone use it non-sarcastically I roll my eyes and stop reading. It made sense in the context that Luke originally used it, but now people are using it in discussions it has no relevance in whatsoever.

I dont think I could play that, it'll be so slow and have so many camping shotgunners or snipers.

You can't camp with Snipers and Shotguns when you don't have any ammo for them :p

Im actually kind of surprised this is a controversy. RAF made sense, but this? i guess we've just run out of things to complain about. guaranteed loot for something that is not easy to pull off for the majority of an already small portion of the fanbase, and people are complaining - especially DattoDoesNothingElseButPlayDestiny?

TTOz9YF.gif

I'm al for challenging content, but why don't people give Bungie grief over the lack of any interesting weapons dropping from King's Fall to be worth a more challenging mode in the first place?

Watch the chrismas event roll around and people complain we don't have santa beards.

GutZ31

am actually kind of surprised this is a controversy. RAF made sense, but this? i guess we've just run out of things to complain about. watch the chrismas event roll around and people complain we don't have santa beards.

Can I start complaining now?
Santa beards or bust!

Challenge mode happened, according to Reddit its perfect and anyone complaining is an elitist, they also want revives in HM. What really got them riled though was this Datto video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKAhB9Tgxlg&feature=youtu.be&a

Just read some stuff on the reddit and hells, the whining is so freakin' annoying. People going on about how they have jobs and lives and shit and how the "1%" doesn't understand them and how they can't dedicate 8 hours a day to Destiny. This is beyond ridiculous and not even pertinent to the discussion about how lacking Challenge Mode is, as far as... being a.... challenge goes.

Is Bungie hiring people to flood reddit with complete nonsense? The Challenge Mode (at least for Warpriest) is NOT challenging and this is coming from someone who isn't even very good at shooters.

Im actually kind of surprised this is a controversy. RAF made sense, but this?

I'm al for challenging content, but why don't people give Bungie grief over the lack of any interesting weapons dropping from King's Fall to be worth a more challenging mode in the first place?

Watch the chrismas event roll around and people complain we don't have santa beards.

I'm not going to say that the Challenge Mode is bad enough to start a controversy over, but I guess people still don't understand that Bungie overhypes EVERYTHING. I guess people who are 310+ were expecting something harder to accomplish? I know I was.

As for interesting weapons, I've said it before, the whole weapons and encounter-design philosophy in TTK has been one of fear. Fear of creating OP weapons like Gjallarhorn, TLW, Icebreaker etc. I'd almost bet that they gave the swords to some new guy as a joke and that's the only reason they're so awesome to use.

Also stuff like "Festival of Lost" is... boring. I don't even know why anyone enjoyed that cosmetic stuff. I guess I'm just jaded, is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom