• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I fully disagree that this is that hard, because while loot is awesome, Bungie seems content with starving us for XP, and you know what Halo did every single week?

Double XP weekends.

If they wanted to make a special event, or even a special playlist. All they have to do is make it so your points in game translate to XP, and then add a multiplier to that XP for playing, and an even bigger multiplier for winning.

That encourages people to play, to win, and to finish.

And since, Armor is going to consistently take forever to level up, this would actually be sought after.

Hell, if they did this regularly enough, I would be fine with the XP reqs for weapons going up.

Double XP events are a bad idea.

They feel bad to miss & encourage people to play more than they would want. Additionally XP isn't that big a deal in Destiny other than for Armor Pieces, which is ridiculous.

Is the armor thing a huge deal? It's nice that you don't need to use guns or horde bounties to level up weapons. Just dump a dozen motes and you're good. It's hard to get a feel for guns without all the perks/the whole package in play.

Do we need the same for armor? There are like, three possible perks, right? And any exotic perk is already unlocked.

It's nice that XP for guns is trivial. I don't mind at all needing to wear armor for a while to level it up. If I'm really in a hurry, maybe it's worth dumping 50 motes into.

Off the top of my head

Melee gives Grenade Energy
Grenade gives Melee Energy
Rez gives Super Energy
Grenade kills give Super Energy
Bonus Armor for Sol/Void/Ard subclass
Second Wind
Extra Ammo for (insert weapon type here)
Extra Ammo for Heavy
Extra Ammo for Special
Bonus for INT
Bonus for DSC
Bonus for STR
Longer Grenade Throws
Faster Melee Speed
Faster Reload Speed for (insert weapon type here)

These are all important to a degree. The stat bonuses are super important when you think about 1 super per match vs 3 supers per match, or 8 grenades a match compared to 20 grenades per match.

What's odd is the XP reqs for weapons is about 1/4th of the XP needed for Armor. And then on top of that, we have armor that increases weapon XP gains, as well as consumables we can purchase from the gunsmith. Not to mention Festival of the Lost and now Crimson Doubles has given us event exclusive items to increase weapon XP gain.

Navy Bean

It must be really hard for them to tweak any PvE content in this game...

Simple little events like "Skolas has broken out of the Prison of Elders..." hunt him down in patrol on the Cosmodrome would be a fun little diversion, especially if there were some loot attached. But, alas, nothing ever changes.

It must be really hard for them to tweak any PvE content in this game...

Simple little events like "Skolas has broken out of the Prison of Elders..." hunt him down in patrol on the Cosmodrome would be a fun little diversion, especially if there were some loot attached. But, alas, nothing ever changes.

I mean...Variks did let him keep his weapons and crew down there so it wouldn't be too difficult for him to escape.

Speaking of Variks...the questline where you hunt down wolves on Mars really felt like it was going to go somewhere. It would have been cool if it opened up more PoE stuff or another small Fallen raid.

I mean...Variks did let him keep his weapons and crew down there so it wouldn't be too difficult for him to escape.

Speaking of Variks...the questline where you hunt down wolves on Mars really felt like it was going to go somewhere. It would have been cool if it opened up more PoE stuff or another small Fallen raid.

I'm actually super disappointed that there is no Fallen option for the Cerberus Vae miniboss.

Seemed like the perfect place to add in some variety.

Double XP events are a bad idea.

They feel bad to miss & encourage people to play more than they would want. Additionally XP isn't that big a deal in Destiny other than for Armor Pieces, which is ridiculous.

I'm sure you're right. I didn't really put a lot of thought into it.

The gameplay is just a horrid mediocre mess. Makes me appreciate the gunplay in destiny so much more

Are you talking about the Divison? What was so horrid and mediocre about it? I thought the gameplay and cover system were fine since it's a RPG first and cover based shooter second. Destiny is a good playing fps with awesome gunplay but as a RPG/loot based game it fails imo.

IDK, I think Massive is doing a lot right with the division. They already had a huge patch update their beta client for the open beta in a few weeks. The one patch they did was far bigger then what Bungie has done for Destiny so far in year 2. It also addressed everythibg people gave them feedback for on their forums. It's nice to have a developer actually listen to its fans....

Plus the fact they are going to allow matchmaking for everything including the rumored raids coming out.

If Bungie didn't have its great gunplay, I would have dropped this game long ago.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can go suicide but I'm going to leave the controller running for a couple hours and come back. Anybody still up for it just join me.

E92 M3

It has become genuinely comical to me how popular suiciding has become. People don't even want to play the game anymore lol.

MildSoss

Are you talking about the Divison? What was so horrid and mediocre about it? I thought the gameplay and cover system were fine since it's a RPG first and cover based shooter second. Destiny is a good playing fps with awesome gunplay but as a RPG/loot based game it fails imo.

IDK, I think Massive is doing a lot right with the division. They already had a huge patch update their beta client for the open beta in a few weeks. The one patch they did was far bigger then what Bungie has done for Destiny so far in year 2. It also addressed everythibg people gave them feedback for on their forums. It's nice to have a developer actually listen to its fans....

Plus the fact they are going to allow matchmaking for everything including the rumored raids coming out.

If Bungie didn't have its great gunplay, I would have dropped this game long ago.
But killing yourself in a mediocre event hoping rng bestows some good loot is much more fun don't you know.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd rather die then play Crimson again. Pun intended.

Kind of funny seeing the reaction of those who have no idea what we're doing.

I loved the way the weapons felt in The Division and the weapon mods/upgrades has me very excited as far as progressing that feel through leveling. Destiny's unmatched FPS gameplay/feel and The Division's TPS cover-based/RPG-driven gameplay are two completely different animals.

I would say close to 100 games and only 1 ghost drop, pathetic.

No way.

If the average game take 8 minutes including matchmaking time, that's about 7 games an hour.

The mode has been out for about 28 hours.

You'd have to of played roughly 10-15 hours of the mode already.

Closer to 10 if you are just suiciding non-stop.

Axoman

Not on Party Crasher. The range reduction of Agg isn't enough to bring it below the cap.

I run Aggressive on mine and still have 32 range.

I have and aggressive ballistics and rifled barrel party crasher and it seems less consistent than my quest conspiracy theory.

I engage with both in similar ranges and the conspiracy theory seems to one shot kill more often.

Deku Tree

No way.

If the average game take 8 minutes including matchmaking time, that's about 7 games an hour.

He is suiciding. A suicide game takes two minutes. That's 3.5 hours for 100 games.

mm at it's finest, even with suicide we got matched with same team 3 times

No way.

average game is 2.5 minutes

10 minutes and Pandora and I have played 4 already

PLAYED

WipedOut

Damn. I thought with all the constantly reloading of the round, and matchmaking times would have that atleast up to 5.
Some of the matches we actually played, the 3 ghost that fell, each time was a game we suicided. Weheta got 2 to my 1. Yes I'm extremely happy with the 320, I just want a turd ghost to go with it, any light will do. Wonder if it has nuts in it.

Suiciding to OT40
Suicidal Thoughts.
Destiny is Dead, so let's kill ourselves!
Suicide 4 Loot
S U I C I D A L B O Y Z

"What did you do last night?"
"I killed myself repeatedly for 2 hours straight"
"Geez, that sounds boring. What for?"
"A chance at a 320 Ghost"
"And what happens once you get that 320 Ghost? "
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing"

Top Bottom