• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Ask for silver in return

LOL

That's screenshot worthy. I can't wait for the DTG salt post, "It's really annoying that people are just killing themselves in Crimson Doubles!"

Ca44n9MUEAEyUMm.jpg:large

:p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
actually i'm crazy tired, and don't have close to a full roster yet for newbie raid tonight. should've opened the roster on monday but i've barely slept this week so far anyway. I may check back in around 8pm and try to flesh out the group if I am awake, otherwise I am calling it, if anyone see netguy post in here about it please give him my apologies.

stay gold

I can't believe mass suicide is actually a thing lol. If ever there was a stat to indicate to Bungie that people are kinda irritated with the state of the game.

Kyoufu

This reminds me of when we used to kill the goblins inside Nexus and then suicide to respawn them back in the first week of vanilla.

I can't believe mass suicide is actually a thing lol. If ever there was a stat to indicate to Bungie that people are kinda irritated with the state of the game.

The chase for 320 characters is real but at this point what else is there?

Give me a expanded SRL (courses, gametypes, etc) and a revamped Prison of Elders and I'd be content for awhile until the next expansion hit.

WeTeHa

I thought the drop-rate for the ghosts was absurdly low.

It's ridiculous how low the drop rate is. I completed every bounty on 3 characters and committed suicide in a ton of matches with wiped and I saw 3 ghosts drop (1x red 320, 1x red 318, 1x chocolate 304). 3 drops in a total of 70+ (?) matches. If you can go 25+ matches without a single person in your fireteam getting anything useful, the drop rate is simply too low. Additionally, if you actually get one to drop, you have to hope it has a high light level and/or has good perks.

The only thing we saw a lot was legendary boot engrams :S

suiciding was fun (said no one ever)

i'm free if anyone else needs a partner - suicide or legit don't care either way

Suicide runs and going idle is apparently Destiny's new end-game.

idling in one game of the last IB got me a 320 ghost

why do you think randoms idle in crucible and strikes all the time?

play the game the way it was designed to be played

Getting a 318 or 319 ghost is such a slap in the face at this point. Might as well just get, well, nothing.

I guess for someone at a low LL it would be useful but not for the 320 chaser.

the_id

So Crimson doubles has literally turned into the ending of Romeo and Juliet.

400 year old spoilers:
romeo dies and Juliet commits suicide

GutZ31

actually i'm crazy tired, and don't have close to a full roster yet for newbie raid tonight. should've opened the roster on monday but i've barely slept this week so far anyway. I may check back in around 8pm and try to flesh out the group if I am awake, otherwise I am calling it, if anyone see netguy post in here about it please give him my apologies.
Hit me up if you need an extra to help out, or just fill dead space.
I'm not playing regularly these days, but always happy to help run newbie stuff.

Kyoufu

So not only are the Ghosts extremely low drop rate but you also have to hope for it to drop at 320?

Year 2 Destiny sucks so much.

i can help if you're short a player, or can run the raid in your stead if you need a break

So not only are the Ghosts extremely low drop rate but you also have to hope for it to drop at 320?

they are not if you play the game properly i think

i got all shaders and ghosts in 30 minutes yesterday

So Crimson doubles has literally turned into the ending of Romeo and Juliet.

400 year old spoilers:
romeo dies and Juliet commits suicide
It's not gaming the system, it's paying tribute to one of the most famous couples in literary history!

Also has to roll the stat pair you want. And pink or brown, if you care about such things.

they are not if you play the game properly i think

i got all shaders and ghosts in 30 minutes yesterday
I played to win for about six hours total yesterday, no ghosts dropped for either me or my partners. The rate is terrible, some people have just gotten very lucky. Or I suppose, some of us exceedingly unlucky, but I'd bet on the former.

I would love to see the face of whoever gets reports about the state of the live game every day/week at Bungie when they find out that this event has turned into a suicide fest. Like is must suck working at Bungie atm knowing you put effort (hopefully) into stuff and then the players just shit all over it.

Watching War attempt his first Kings Fall, it's funny as fuck, he already raged at the ship jumping. They're currently trying to explain to him how to do Golgoroth, it's not going well

GutZ31

Watching War attempt his first Kings Fall, it's funny as fuck, he already raged at the ship jumping. They're currently trying to explain to him how to do Golgoroth, it's not going well
Link for lulz plz.

I would love to see the face of whoever gets reports about the state of the live game every day/week at Bungie when they find out that this event has turned into a suicide fest. Like is must suck working at Bungie atm knowing you put effort (hopefully) into stuff and then the players just shit all over it.

I would feel bad if they weren't being payed, but that is highly unlikely, as it seems everyone has at least one dance emote they are ashamed of owning.
I wouldn't feel "good" about people taking advantage of my game mode, but I wouldn't be mad either.

I was thinking that earlier, got to be a shitty p,ace to be working in at the moment

Link for lulz plz.

www.twitch.tv/warbulletproof he's been lead to believe he's going to get a quad drop, from totems and Warpriest he got shards :d

About 10 maybe 11 CD matches on my Hunter yesterday netted me 3 ghosts. Unfortunately 317 was the highest. Played another 10 or 11 matches today and landed both shaders and 3 more ghosts. I'm done with CD. Was fun just goofing around with my buddy Gong, but there's no rewards worth killing yourself over.

I'm interested in KF raid as I haven't done it yet. If you need the week off, no worries. It'll be there later or if anyone wants to carry me through normal mode, I'm up for it.

I'd also be down for CD as I could use a higher level ghost. Hopefully not worried about K/D...

Frenden

Banned
With two characters getting all bounties done, I've gotten one ghost. Pink one--don't really want the chocolate anyhow.

eJpz4Pr.png

Current clan title.

Jafku

Bungie wants to end these senseless mass suicides!
edit: I wonder if they are going to be implementing a special ammo change. Special can't be swapped between rounds maybe?

D_psipher

Bungie wants to end this senseless mass suicides!

They just need to up the drop rates. People will play if they are properly rewarded. I did all of the bounties on my main yesterday and no ghost dropped for me. I got both shades though. I would not mind a ghost but I am getting tired of the grind for chances of chances for a decent reward.

I'd be cool with suicide drops being nerfed if the ghost drop rate was increased signifcantly. Rather play a few, have a little fun, and leave happy, than idle with a rubberband on r2 for a couple hours and still get nothng.

Top Bottom