• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Raven117

I think Harold Ryan got booted because of the D2 delay and the horrible year 2 content schedule. Nothing for PvE players in y2, when most destiny players are PvE mainly. And all the y2 events are nothing but thinly veiled excuses for new MTs.

Too many missed revenue streams for Activison and Bobby Kotick to let it slide.
One never knows about those things, but it does seem reasonable doesn't it? Bobby kotick is no idiot and a shrewed business man. Bungie, signed a contract and could not keep up their end of the transaction. Though it seems they have worked it out and not instigated a breach of contract lawsuit, I'm sure upper management was none too pleased.

Again, one never knows and this is rampant speculation. But it does seem that right now the business side of things is what is in turmoil at bungie.

Really hoping to get the Oryx challenge mode done today. Last night was a pain the ass, I believe we experienced every issue you can with Oryx and ogres lol

Thanks bro! I finished my all-boss DS replay last night. That game is the fucking GoAT. I appreciate it more very time I play it. You gotta do the DLC at some point, one of the best DLC releases ever.

But now I'm back on the Witness kick, ~230 puzzles solved so far. The game is huge, it could easily take 50+ hours if you wanted to solve everything. It's hard to say how many puzzles there are especially since I'm staying 100% free of guides/spoilers.

.....oh yeah, Destiny. Umm. Yeah I got nothing.

edit: since we're talking about Gunslingers- It's a powerful and elegant subclass but it just doesn't vibe with my personality. It's way too slow and without evasion like BD and NS. I just feel sluggish whenever I run it.
post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

the_id

One never knows about those things, but it does seem reasonable doesn't it? Bobby kotick is no idiot and a shrewed business man. Bungie, signed a contract and could not keep up their end of the transaction. Though it seems they have worked it out and not instigated a breach of contract lawsuit, I'm sure upper management was none too pleased.

Again, one never knows and this is rampant speculation. But it does seem that right now the business side of things is what is in turmoil at bungie.

I wonder if Bungle will have to renegotiate things with Activision and maybe the publisher will push for them to open up the IP and let other development studios do some of the content work. At the rate they're going, they won't be able to pump out content at a sufficient time frame (ie 4 monthly)

Reminds me of when Kotick said that he wouldnt work with Tim Schaefer anymore because of too many missed deadlines. Hopefully Kotick lights a fire underneath Bungie.

[Deku has all 3 characters at 320

Wat

How about The Witness drizzay? How many puzzles are you in so far? How great is the game? Pretty great or just amazing?

Im almost giving in and buying even though its so expensive here

Edit: i'm about to buy it, with no one to play trials with this game is calling to me so strongly. I wanna feel stupid

LTWood12

I Grave Robber hit 320 this week. Deku has all 3 characters at 320, Nami has at least one, Jigga Man has at least one, a bunch of other people too.

I worshiped at the alter of SRL daily for a 320 class item. But Amanda couldn't be bothered.

Edit: but I did get a 319 Bond from Oryx this week, one above my 318s. TECHNICALLY PROGRESS BOYZ

todd360

Wat

How about The Witness drizzay? How many puzzles are you in so far? How great is the game? Pretty great or just amazing?

Im almost giving in and buying even though its so expensive here

Edit: i'm about to buy it, with no one to play trials with this game is calling to me so strongly. I wanna feel stupid

No deku. We must wait for a price drop. I shall be your trialer.

LTWood12

I just bit on the witness. Had a few bucks already in my psn wallet and i think it'll be fun with the Mrs.

Played more of The Division this morning and am kind of disappointed. Some cool things about it, but it just feels so generic. There's not even a melee option. I expected the action to at least hold up to something like mass effect 2/3, but it just doesn't.

If there's enough Dgaffers playing it after it drops in price I might pick it up just to mess around.

I just bit on the witness. Had a few bucks already in my psn wallet and i think it'll be fun with the Mrs.

Played more of The Division this morning and am kind of disappointed. Some cool things about it, but it just feels so generic. There's not even a melee option.I expected the action to at least hold up to something like mass effect 2/3, but it just doesn't.

If there's enough Dgaffers playing it after it drops in price I might pick it up just to mess around.

I thought there was? I remember using melee on some dudes that were coming at me with bats.it's just a melee with your elbow/gun.

Played more of The Division this morning and am kind of disappointed. Some cool things about it, but it just feels so generic. There's not even a melee option. I expected the action to at least hold up to something like mass effect 2/3, but it just doesn't.

melee is R3. I only liked the dark zone and when I mess with people on my friends list. Messing with randoms will prob get boring.

LTWood12

I thought there was? I remember using melee on some dudes that were coming at me with bats.it's just a melee with your elbow/gun.

Lol you're probably right. It's not listed as an input on the controls screen, and when guys would get right up on me all I could do was shoot.

Good news Everybody!

I walked... WITHOUT A HARNESS and no assist

Using parallel bars, I used my legs and pushed myself up and walked
Timeframe has me late March/Mid-April

Finish line can be seen!

On a weird note, things didn't work out with the nurse I was having a connection with, but now an old work friend reconnected... Amazing how my Destiny changes on that front

So Gentleman and Ladies, GRX coming home soon, bringing my love, helpfulness, rage (sorry it comes as a triple play package)

I can feel my PS4 calling me

This is great news! Keep uo the good work!

Thanks for the CM runs, guys. Got just weapons. Was looking for at least one 320 helmet for infusion.

Yeah, GGs everyone. Happy that Boryx didn't glitch out on us at all. Pretty smooth all things considered. Got some good stuff even if I still don't have the two best raid primaries.

On Grave's account I've gotten not one but two 320 Full Auto Scouts and a 320 Firefly Pulse. On my account I've never gotten either one at any light level, womp womp.

Indeed, thanks for the run(s) everyone.

I'll have to think about running the raid more consistently with my alts, at least so they can pull their own weight on Oryx.

This has been my first Iron Banner and when I got to rank 4, I didn't get a drop from the guy who runs it. I think I got stuff the other times I ranked up. Bummer.

LifEndz

All three rank 5. Not a bad haul

Ghost shells: 319, 318
319 Sniper Rifle (infused into Black Spindle, which is now 318!)

My main is now 315. That should be enough for hard mode...I hope.

My nephew and his 2 buddies went 8-0 (lost their mercy at 5-0), and were up 4-2 on final boss and the team came back and won. So close. I'll try to help them out tonight. He's never been to Mercury yet and has vastly improved in PvP since I got him the game in July.

Oh and my Last IB's Rank 5 package came and all I got was a stupid 310 Ghost Shell. I even went back to Orbit and Nothing.

Number45

Just had a PDX-41 drop from the gunsmith (rank 2 level up) with:

* fitted stock
* full auto
* hand-laid stock

Stability is at 100.

I don't typically use pulse rifles (don't do a great deal of PvP), but is that worth hanging onto?

Top Bottom