• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Namikaze1

I'm asking DGAF because we have similar tastes. I loved, loved Battlefield Bad Company 2. I mildly disliked Battlefield 3.

How is Battlefield 4? Worth picking up now?

I want to play a multiplayer FPS on PS4, but I'm sick of Rift and the other game modes are a dumpster fire until CBMM comes back.
Back when it first launched, BF4 was a bit of a mess but the multiplayer has drastically improved since then. The main DICE studio handed things off to one of their branches and they made shit a lot better. Multiplayer isn't as good as BC2's but hell of a lot better than BF3's. Only thing is, while improvements have been made towards the multiplayer, the same cant be said for the single player. Single player is still riddled with bugs.

So if multiplayer is all you're looking for then BF4 is worth picking up. There's still a community there (unlike Hardline)

Nicodemic

If anyone wants to join, I will be doing Prison of Elders level 34 to get the grimoire card for Qodron and maybe Skolas if there's interest. If not, I'll try LFG but I'd rather go with gaffers.

PSN: Nicodemic

I bit the bullet and bought The Witness. Destiny's not good enough anymore to take the majority of my free time. I'll crack my head at this game instead.

maomaoIYP

I don't think I can bring myself to play this IB for more drops. Besides the three rank 5 rewards, all I've gotten this time round were 3 boots and a fusion rifle.

Frenden

Banned
I don't think I can bring myself to play this IB for more drops. Besides the three rank 5 rewards, all I've gotten this time round were 3 boots and a fusion rifle.
Six scouts, three chests, two boots, two ghosts (not counting packages). Still not worth it.

Frenden

Banned
Back when it first launched, BF4 was a bit of a mess but the multiplayer has drastically improved since then. The main DICE studio handed things off to one of their branches and they made shit a lot better. Multiplayer isn't as good as BC2's but hell of a lot better than BF3's. Only thing is, while improvements have been made towards the multiplayer, the same cant be said for the single player. Single player is still riddled with bugs.

So if multiplayer is all you're looking for then BF4 is worth picking up. There's still a community there (unlike Hardline)

Pretty much. I never play BF or CoD's SP. Thanks for the writeup. I'll give it a shot.

Edit: I'm used to the thread moving fast enough that separate, successive replies wouldn't be a double post. Whoops.

Deku Tree

I would love another 320 ghost or some PS exclusive helmets, but given the lack of IB trains, and the paucity of drops after match, and given that I already have a 320 ghost, and given that it doesn't really change much in gameplay anyway, then it feels like it's just not worth it.

Dthomp

Rift sucks.

Agreed, got to Rank 2 and I can't believe how bad this mode is. Watch 6 guys all fight over the spark is insane, and the drops have not been good to me (best is a 303 boot) followed by some bad blue crap or nothing at all. Maybe next time Iron Banner

Magik

The current iteration of Rift does not belong IB until they retoll the whole mode from spawns to scoring.

I made it to IB rank 5 and all I got was a 310 ghost and 297 gloves. Are these seriously my rewards for that grind? What can I get from matches now that I'm maxed?

Deku Tree

I made it to IB rank 5 and all I got was a 310 ghost and 297 gloves. Are these seriously my rewards for that grind? What can I get from matches now that I'm maxed?

You should get a 310-320 armor or weapon too from rank 5... Sometimes it doesn't show up until you go to orbit from the tower. If your inventory slot was full then it would have gone straight to the postmaster.

You should get a 310-320 armor or weapon too from rank 5... Sometimes it doesn't show up until you go to orbit from the tower. If your inventory slot was full then it would have gone straight to the postmaster.

Yeah I got 311 gloves when I went to orbit which are absolutely useless. I don't think I'll be participating in Iron Banner again with a guarantee at 320 loot from the packages. Feels like quite a slap in the face.

Trakan

I'm asking DGAF because we have similar tastes. I loved, loved Battlefield Bad Company 2. I mildly disliked Battlefield 3.

How is Battlefield 4? Worth picking up now?

I want to play a multiplayer FPS on PS4, but I'm sick of Rift and the other game modes are a dumpster fire until CBMM comes back.

I played it a ton at launch and now that all the bugs are fixed, it's a great game. I'd say it's better than BF3, but not on BC2's level. I'd highly recommend it now that it's so cheap.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Already rank five with everyone. And I have six bounties leftover for two and eight for my titan. Next IB I should have nine bounties for each. Just playing for run and another chance at a 320 ghost at this point.

My god. I've been watching to see if I spot anyone else getting a pair of IB boots with a lower defense than the 253 I got, and never saw one until just now when I got a second pair awarded to me with 240.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll probably be in for a last minute Rift train tomorrow night.

Trying to decide if I should play a little more of The Division beta tonight to firm up my impressions or just dive back into The Witness

Top Bottom