• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Dthomp

Ugh, trying to do some of the story missions that I hadn't done yet and constantly fighting the servers is not fun

Just had a PDX-41 drop from the gunsmith (rank 2 level up) with:

* fitted stock
* full auto
* hand-laid stock

Stability is at 100.

I don't typically use pulse rifles (don't do a great deal of PvP), but is that worth hanging onto?

Full auto and max stability?

Yeah id say thats a keeper

This game is so trash. An enemy runner can just go through my tripmine and not even his shield goes down when it blows up on him. Why people can just walk through tripmines now is beyond me. Uusally it makes them 1 shot or dead.

Trakan

This game is so trash. An enemy runner can just go through my tripmine and not even his shield goes down when it blows up on him. Why people can just walk through tripmines now is beyond me. Uusally it makes them 1 shot or dead.

What you're describing was probably lag, but the runner gets massive damage resistance.

Frenden

Banned
I played some non-IB Crucible last night and it was unbearable. Everyone was yellow or red and teleporting like Dhalsim.

How have we tolerated SBMM this long? Hoooooly fuck.

Raven117

Reminds me of when Kotick said that he wouldnt work with Tim Schaefer anymore because of too many missed deadlines. Hopefully Kotick lights a fire underneath Bungie.
I didn't know Bobby said that. Wow, that does shed some light on how he thinks.

I fully believe we are looking at the business of making video games getting in the way of communication. My bet. Bungie is reeling trying to figure this out. Activision knows they have a winner with destiny, so they want more content.

It will get sorted, but I think the sausage maker is churning overtime here

the game's lag right now is like the first day of IB. so terrible

Also when shots don't register while someone supers is stupid as fuck. like shooting a nightstalker. The first 2 bullets register then he supers and my next 4 shots dont register. Very cool.

Number45

Anyone fancy the shield brothers strike for The Chaperone? The game is matchmaking me with... me. :(

I'll open my fire team if anyone wants to join. I think we just have to damage both brothers with a shotgun - is that right?

Full auto and max stability?

Yeah id say thats a keeper
Cool, seemed like it might be a decent roll. I'll hold onto it then!

Anyone fancy the shield brothers strike for The Chaperone? The game is matchmaking me with... me. :(

I'll open my fire team if anyone wants to join. I think we just have to damage both brothers with a shotgun - is that right?

Cool, seemed like it might be a decent roll. I'll hold onto it then!

IIRC the killing blow to both has to be a shotgun. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Really hoping to get the Oryx challenge mode done today. Last night was a pain the ass, I believe we experienced every issue you can with Oryx and ogres lol

Pretty much. I still need to finish this.

All three rank 5. Not a bad haul

Ghost shells: 319, 318
319 Sniper Rifle (infused into Black Spindle, which is now 318!)

My main is now 315. That should be enough for hard mode...I hope.

That's fine.

Ok I'm on. Hard CM Oryx.

1. j2theizzay (meginyu)
2. El Fenomeno
3. Pandora
4. Shenze (PSN?)
5. Shenze's friend
6. Gibbshift

edit:full

You guy left without me lol

Oh well, IB it is.

So, has anyone been flawless on Pantheon yet?

Got to 7 -0 three times then as usual the connections went to shit, the sooner they go back to the old system the better. I'd rather face better players on a level playing field than having to deal with people being that split second ahead

I played some non-IB Crucible last night and it was unbearable. Everyone was yellow or red and teleporting like Dhalsim.

How have we tolerated SBMM this long? Hoooooly fuck.

It's totally broken and pretty much beaten me into submission

WeTeHa

Oh and my Last IB's Rank 5 package came and all I got was a stupid 310 Ghost Shell. I even went back to Orbit and Nothing.

That happened to me last Iron Banner, never got the second drop.

How about The Witness drizzay? How many puzzles are you in so far? How great is the game? Pretty great or just amazing?

Im almost giving in and buying even though its so expensive here

Edit: i'm about to buy it, with no one to play trials with this game is calling to me so strongly. I wanna feel stupid

I was so sure I was gonna wait for the disc version, but said screw it and picked it up yesterday. No exaggeration, it's amazing. Easily the best puzzle game I have ever played. Currently sitting at ~350 puzzles solved and I'm loving every minute. The puzzles are just so well designed, it's incredible. Figuring out the different mechanics (e.g. in the desert, forest or tree house) felt more amazing than beating a boss in Bloodborne. Can't wait to see what comes next every time I solve a puzzle.

Also, some of the puzzles are super difficult, especially the later ones combining several of the mechanics. I actually sketch out some of the puzzles in a notebook, did the same for the Tetromino stuff in Fez.

Everyone remotely interested in puzzle games should pick this asap.

stay gold

Hunter at Rank 5, now I can go about never playing rift again in my life.

I'd love to know where Bungie are getting their 'positive feedback' regarding the matchmaking. I'd say it's getting worse if anything.

I'd love to know where Bungie are getting their 'positive feedback' regarding the matchmaking. I'd say it's getting worse if anything.

First update (switch back to CBMM) made it decently better.
2nd update made it roughly same if not a tiny bit better.
3rd update made it basically worse than 1st patch.

Now, I have no idea what else is going on to cause lag, maybe more players in the weekend, but that's the way it looks from my POV.

Ballistic

Hello DGAF! 1st post, but I've been lurking since the alpha. Like most everyone else I'm sick of SBMM. Power's out, so I can't finish grinding IB.

Highwind

3 times now I've been dropped into laggy lopsided games. It's starting to piss me off.

Hello DGAF! 1st post, but I've been lurking since the alpha. Like most everyone else I'm sick of SBMM. Power's out, so I can't finish grinding IB.

Welcome welcome. DGAF is a bit slow now-a-days but we still are a community.

--

Why does Bungie throw me into Rumble game with the leader up by 1300?

Ballistic

First update (switch back to CBMM) made it decently better.
2nd update made it roughly same if not a tiny bit better.
3rd update made it basically worse than 1st patch.

Now, I have no idea what else is going on to cause lag, maybe more players in the weekend, but that's the way it looks from my POV.

Maybe it's the addition of ToO and the netcode just can't handle the excess load.

IB alt buff means you have at least 1 other character at rank 3+, right?

So Main, Alt1, Alt2.

If Alt 1 is Rank 3, Main and Alt2 get the Alt buff.
Alt1 doesn't get the Alt buff until either Main or Alt2 get Rank 3.

Is that correct?

Deku Tree

So Main, Alt1, Alt2.

Is that correct?

As long as you have a character with a higher rank then you get the buff.

chur

So Main, Alt1, Alt2.

Is that correct?
Your two other characters get a buff until they're the same rank as your highest character. Alt 1 wouldn't see a buff until alt 2 or main are rank 4 or 5.

Frenden

Banned
I'm asking DGAF because we have similar tastes. I loved, loved Battlefield Bad Company 2. I mildly disliked Battlefield 3.

How is Battlefield 4? Worth picking up now?

I want to play a multiplayer FPS on PS4, but I'm sick of Rift and the other game modes are a dumpster fire until CBMM comes back.

Welcome welcome. DGAF is a bit slow now-a-days but we still are a community.

Thanks! I've noticed the no posts for hrs vs seconds that it once was.
Welcome I hope you the community treats you well! However the community has def slowed down. I haven't played since November but I still tend to post often around here. Mostly spam with random comments helpful comments like the shield brothers above :p
I'm asking DGAF because we have similar tastes. I loved, loved Battlefield Bad Company 2. I mildly disliked Battlefield 3.

I want to play a multiplayer FPS on PS4, but I'm sick of Rift and the other game modes are a dumpster fire until CBMM comes back.
It's more or less the same. If you dislike bf3, you would prob dislike bf4

Well, you can't really compare BF3 if you're talking about the Console port. PS3/Xbox 360 were no match for the BF series. BF4 works a lot better in this gen on console. I have both PC and XB1 versions of BF4 and while PC is obviously superior, it's definitely enjoyable on console now. I'm just not sure how big the community is these days.

Top Bottom