• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Jafku

Thanks for the run Kadey and co. All characters are rank 5 in IB. Got the sidearm, HMG, and the shotgun from my packages. Yuck

Nightz

Was in an IB match where we got wrecked.

"We're breaking up those teams to find a better match." Awesome!

Get put into a match where my team is down 19000-7000. -_-

Can't quite remember, if I have a daily bounty in my inventory and it comes up again at reset, can I complete the one in my inventory and then grab it again from saladin?

Having a surprisingly good time playing Warlock in PvP. Only have Sunsinger levelled up atm, imagine it would be even better with Stormcaller. The melee is just too good!

Reached rank 5 last night on both my Warlock and Titan.
Got a shitty 314 sidearm which I infused into Black Spindle.
Got a 315 helmet for the Titan.
Bought the IB fusion rifle...just 'cause. :/

God damn, Salad man, why can't you give me good stuff for Rank 5?

Overall a fun IB. Best yet in Y2. Great running with DGAF. Brought back a lot of UT CTF memories. ;)

I'll be scaling down on Destiny a lot. Mostly doing HM raid CM's and stuff here and there.

Totally agree, I respect Gunslinger a lot but it just isn't me. And truly, Nightstalker is a blast with Shadestep, soo much utility, and I really can't live without its orb generation in some circumstances... but in my heart of hearts I will always be a Bladedancer.

Haha, yeah. Is it true that you can take his shield down with Raze-Lighter? I heard that once upon a time and haven't remembered to try it yet.

I was actually rocking my gjally during the newbie raid for old time's sake today. My favorite is blindfiring one back across the bridge vaguely in the direction of the Swordbearer "he'll be down any second now"

Yeah, agree 100% with your Hunter subclass opinions. I got super into NStalker for a few weeks of Trials but then gravitated back to my first love of BDancer. Need to get a little more NS love in soon, such a well-rounded subclass.

As for Raze Lighter, yeah at least on NM you can take his shield down with 1 Raze heavy/R2 attack. That's how the guy that solo'ed him while blind folded was able to do it. Raze then 3 heavy sword attacks. Drop sword, blink strike invis, Raze R2, grab sword for 3 more heavy attacks to finish him off.

I'm sorry to announce that Wicked will no longer be available for Trials after fig literally took him out back and shot him.

Wait, Wicked was available for Trials? Kappa

I already canceled my Division pre-order and deleted the beta. Not for me but it was fun to try once. On the other end of the "for me" spectrum, the Witness is fucking tits.

Set off 16
Teleporting Ogres
Misadventure

Oryx wasn't having it.
Done for the night.

Ergh. We had that happen to us as well. All 16 bombs exploded and orxy health didn't move at all

Yeah, the Oryx CM is a cool idea but it clearly wasn't designed for this method to be "working as intended." It's glitchy as hell and really annoying to have such a long tedious fight get f'ed up at the end through no fault of your own.

I did 3 runs on Grave's characters but doubt I'll even bother logging into my own characters this week.

SheHateMe

Actually played tonight after quite a break; ended up on a train with Wipedout, Ruthless, Ocean, and Sentinel.

Would've had a better night if it weren't for the lag. My goodness, it is horrible.

Back to my hole I go. Also, The Division didn't give me a good first impression; I'll try it again before abandoning it.

Instant, out.

You monster.

There's no casuals left. Crimson doubles will be nothing but sweat!

It will be a very Sweaty and Green date....

Its going to turn out to be everything they don't want it to be :d

16 wins past flawless and no sniff of the Scarab... I'm just going to go sit down. This sucks.

Big thanks to Biggy and Pew and anyone who carried my sorry ass on the previous attempts.

RIP. I managed to get The Sun last week, which from a google seems to be the Yr1 scarab. I'm over the scarab already far to much RNG involved

I managed to get The Sun last week, which from a google seems to be the Yr1 scarab. I'm over the scarab already far to much RNG involved

How was it a Yr 1 Scarab? Maybe I'm forgetting, but I thought Yr1 Trials kicked you out of MM as soon as you hit 9 wins since your card was completed (same as if you hit 3 losses). Pretty sure Sun was just like the other emblems and could drop randomly post-match, although maybe people just didn't bother playing post-9 wins previously.

But yeah, the Scarab is stupid and nobody should bother chasing it. If you hit flawless just keep playing to finish your gold bounty then be done with it. They missed a perfect opportunity to make an emblem more significant. People would actually be impressed if it was a guaranteed drop at say 20-25 wins on a single card. Since it's total RNG like so much of this game then it doesn't mean anything besides "congrats on being lucky!" So the same as hitting 320.

How was it a Yr 1 Scarab? Maybe I'm forgetting, but I thought Yr1 Trials kicked you out of MM as soon as you hit 9 wins since your card was completed (same as if you hit 3 losses). Pretty sure Sun was just like the other emblems and could drop randomly post-match, although maybe people just didn't bother playing post-9 wins previously.

Reddit seems to think it dropped after or at 9 wins Y1, I never took any notice back then so who knows. I got mine at 12 wins. Edit I can't even remember if you could play on, could we?

Agree on the Scarab they should have had an emblem for 15-20-25 etc etc

Reddit seems to think it dropped after or at 9 wins Y1, I never took any notice back then so who knows. I got mine at 12 wins. Edit I can't even remember if you could play on, could we?

Agree on the Scarab they should have had an emblem for 15-20-25 etc etc

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I really didn't think we could keep playing after 9 wins. I thought it gave the "Your fireteam doesn't meet the requirements for this activity" message if you didn't back out of MM after flawless.

A potential drop at 9 wins is possible. All I remember is that I deleted multiple copies of all the Yr 1 Trials emblems so they just blurred together. The Eye of Osiris Mercury chest is the only one that had a definite trigger to me.

LTWood12

Enjoying this in 6s. Feels like Praedyth's. Just a quick double tap.
LM3dE81.jpg

WavyStretch

Neo Member
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I really didn't think we could keep playing after 9 wins. I thought it gave the "Your fireteam doesn't meet the requirements for this activity" message if you didn't back out of MM after flawless.

A potential drop at 9 wins is possible. All I remember is that I deleted multiple copies of all the Yr 1 Trials emblems so they just blurred together. The Eye of Osiris Mercury chest is the only one that had a definite trigger to me.

Yeah you are right, it was just a post game drop, you couldn't play on if the card was complete, and it wasn't for 9 wins either. Did seem to be the rarest of the year one emblems though, I never got it until year 2 and I know quite a few people that had the same luck with it.

Namikaze1

Had to go to second page to find this.

Still need to do Oryx challenge before the reset. Hopefully there are still folks here who needs to do it. Hell, I wouldn't mind if folks who have done it already this week helps out. Don't want to go to LFG,

chewydogg

Still need to do Oryx challenge before the reset. Hopefully there are still folks here who needs to do it. Hell, I wouldn't mind if folks who have done it already this week helps out. Don't want to go to LFG,

I still need it as well

PSN AdamKoy

Liamc723

I need to do it twice Nami so I'd be up for it.

Also missing CM for Oryx, so I'd be up for it.

Highwind

I still need to do Oryx CM.

Haven't done it before but I've watched what I need to do if you don't mind.

I also need to do 3x trials bounties and 5 wins for the helmets.....and finish off IB on my Titan and Hunter.

x_x

Magik

Colovance's Duty is pretty damn good. It's like a better Jade Rabbit.

I got a solid roll with Life Support, Hand-Laid Stock, and Outlaw.

There's so little recoil on the damn thing and it feels better than the Jade Rabbit for me. Hopefully I can get a pure stability roll just to test out.

I thought the tier 5 package was changed cause I got a 320 hc and a 320 lmg so far from the two I've gotten but it seems like I'm just lucky so far. Too bad challenge mode only gives me heavies and primaries (no helmets or specials for me).

Trakan

I got a solid roll with Life Support, Hand-Laid Stock, and Outlaw.

There's so little recoil on the damn thing and it feels better than the Jade Rabbit for me. Hopefully I can get a pure stability roll just to test out.

I think yours with hand-laid stock or the vendor one with braced frame are the most stability it can get, right?

Magik

I think yours with hand-laid stock or the vendor one with braced frame are the most stability it can get, right?

I'm not sure. Maybe because I'm so use to using suros weapons that I keep thinking there's additional stability options. Lol

Top Bottom