• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

CLBridges

Gotta drop another 40 bones for new expansion huh? (not confirmed, I'm just speculatin') I'm all for it actually, between the Division coming next month, FFXV, Mass Effect and other games I'm forgetting coming this year, I can wait. Destiny is still a good game just needs content for those who've been riding TTK since September.

Anyone for some Crimson Doubles, might turn on mic, might not, just chilling today. PSN: GhostFaceDon

Namikaze1

Let me guess, the expansion is going to be the cut Mars/Cabal content from before that according to kotaku were being moved to Destiny 2 months back. -___-

Wasted on Destiny says I got 364hrs in game.
My most played game by far and I'm still nowhere near done.
Still gotta fully level my 3rd char (hunter).
So I'm in no rush. ^_^

But I'm probably in the minority here. :D

WipedOut

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Stop hunting for 320

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

RETOOL THE LOOT

THANKS

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing.

Yes yes, we know.

Daemul

I'm not even going to bother listening to the call, all they do is just repeat stuff from the results presentation.

Most hilarious part of the presentation;

New innovative Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward, the makers of the Modern Warfare series, expected to launch this year

Activision refusing to accept that Infinity Ward is kill and only a husk is left.

Destiny increased the drop rate, but it was for Activision's stock.

This is why I love DGAF

Raven117

I feel bad for those who actually thought that this news was going to be anything different.

E3 or before we get the "taken King 2.0" announced. Next year we get destiny 2. My .02.

All of the planned dlc for year 2 is getting rolled up into taken King 2.0 and tied together with a bow. I would not hold my breath as to quality of ttk 2.0 in that there is little doubt they are full speed ahead with destiny 2.

Well there is the light increase this spring...I think it will be very half hearted. But who knows?

Deku Tree

JfuRzay.png

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10970478/destiny-2-release-2017-bungie-activision

How do I learn to F5 like Lnkn?

chur

Is this the first time Bungie has mentioned a sequel?

My bet is that we're going to get whatever Highmoon is working on for this Fall.

stb

In their release it says "large new expansion in 2016" and "full game sequel in 2017".

Jason Schreier
@jasonschreier

"Activision Publishing... expects to bring a large new expansion to Destiny in 2016 and to release a full game sequel in 2017."

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/697893759296651264

Edit: We're all so thirsty that this got triple posted in a five second span.

So TTK 2.0 probably September 2016... and nothing before then... this is the larger expansion they were teasing.... and Destiny 2 in 2017 probably September 2017..

Whelp, I guess I'll see everyone in September!

Great another arbitrary number to chase and more weapons that won't drop

I don't know why they can't just make it like diablo 3. They should focus on making the weapons, skills, and armor matter-not the number. (Yes even though more damage in diablo 3 is good, but build flexibility is a part of that)

Deku Tree

No announcement about the total number of registered users for Destiny in the conference call?

Ok so Spring LL bump and some new content. A new PvE end game activity to grind? Then a Fall Expansion. Full Destiny sequel in 2017 (sounds like September 2017).

Frenden

Banned
Great another arbitrary number to chase and more weapons that won't drop

I'm less interested in a light increase and more interested to hear about quality of life improvements centered around drop rates and endgame progression. It's ABSURD that we have double RNG considering how stingy drops are.

And don't even get me started with SBMM...

phen0m24

High five PSF. Good work.

You should give your uncle props

Hehe

"Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017."

Was that so hard?

ocean

Banned
Disgusting. Remove all Microtransactions immediately. Garbage is still garbage
Whether Hotline Bling is on sale or not for those who are interested in it is...disgusting? I don't get this anti micro transaction mentality.

Sell me a US$40 DLC and then also sell me dances, I'll buy whatever looks to be worth it, but I don't find Eva selling stuff to be an issue - even when in not interested in it.

WipedOut

Wait Spring as in US spring! Wow that's closer than I expected.

US Spring for the Gear and PVE update

Most likely US Fall for the large expansion

No, it's something.

Exactly - We know what to expect..... for know... you know until plans change again.

At least they gave confirmation on something finally. Who knows maybe activision put them on lock down until after the earnings call.

Dave_6

Did I read it wrong or did DeeJ mention an update in the spring with a light increase? Then the large update will come later this year.

Edit: Yes I read it correctly. So we are getting new PvE content in the spring. That's much better than waiting till September or after.

I'm fine with the next game coming out in 2017. It'll likely be towards the end, and that's fine. They should take time to make it good. However, what I am concerned about are the months of drought between now and the expansion, and the drought between the expansion and the new game.

Take a break. Play the Division. Bungie is fine with you coming back and buying new content when it comes out.

I just want everyone to remember, and maybe even ask Deej for clarification.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year

Keep in mind Bungie's terminology calls Dark Below and House of Wolves expansions.

I'm pretty sure House of Wolves was even called a Large Expansion before it launched.

So if you're expecting another TTK, you might want to reel it in a little bit. That, or someone should tweet Deej asking for clarification.

Can anyone find the terminology Bungie used when referred to what kind of expansion TTK was?

Top Bottom