• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Suiciding in CD isn't that different from mindlessly farming SRL while watching Netflix or whatever. It's just another example of how people will use the most efficient strategy towards their goal. If all they want is a chocolate ghost or a 320 item, then it makes sense. Bungie needs to keep this in mind by tailoring the desirable loot as guaranteed quest rewards instead of mindless RNG that encourages mindless participation.

Personally I did maybe 10 SRL races and so far 0 Crimson matches because this stuff doesn't appeal to me, but it also doesn't bother me at all if other people do it. It's the only way to maximize their LDPM.

edit: wow dis page top, brb

edit2: Instead of Destiny, I've reconnected with an old friend:

K3AzulO.jpg

And made a new one:

Lnkn52

Suiciding in CD isn't that different from mindlessly farming SRL while watching Netflix or whatever. It's just another example of how people will use the most efficient strategy towards their goal. If all they want is a chocolate ghost or a 320 item, then it makes sense. Bungie needs to keep this in mind by tailoring the desirable loot as guaranteed quest rewards instead of mindless RNG that encourages mindless participation.

Personally I did maybe 10 SRL races and so far 0 Crimson matches because this stuff doesn't appeal to me, but it also doesn't bother me at all if other people do it. It's the only way to maximize their LDPM.

edit: wow dis page top, brb

And in the end it affects those that really want to participate. No one else to point fingers but Bungie.

amar212

Goth has been playing legit for the past 5+ hours and hasn't gotten anything.

I should really not say this publicly, but I got 299 (DIS/STR) Chocolate Ghost on my third match, and 304 (INT/DIS) Pink Ghost two matches later - both on Tuesday shortly after the update.

It was my frist character to enter the CD.

On that same character I got both shaders during that very first run.

BUT.

After that I changed to second character later that evening and played all games until I finished bouties and I got ZERO Ghosts. Same yesterday with my third alt.

I will consider myself lucky.

Deku Tree

I'm just working from home, and putting a rubber band on my controller, and looking over to my TV to make sure it's still working and my opponents aren't trolling my troll farm. It's no effort at this point. Doing it just to do it, not expecting a 320 ghost.

Frenden

Banned
And in the end it affects those that really want to participate. No one else to point fingers but Bungie.

I tried to play it straight for two days. The ridiculously sweaty matches due to SBMM paired with the abysmal drop rates make that a bit of a fools errand after a time. No fingers to point except at Bungie, agreed.

He's about to switch games, looks bored.

Thanks

Derek ‏@_mantis_ 14m14 minutes ago
@HeyFitzy @Bungie @DeeJ_BNG we're investigating CD loot drop rates… this isn't my area, so I don't have much to say about it.

I wish they'd fuck off with this nonsense, everyone has been moaning about drops for months. Why does it take a major shitstorm or something being cheesed for action to happen

Deku Tree

I wonder who I'm gonna play against the next time I enter crucible for real with the SBMM. My k/d is in the toilet (not like it was anything great before).

Lnkn52

Thanks

@HeyFitzy @Bungie @DeeJ_BNG we're investigating CD loot drop rates… this isn't my area, so I don't have much to say about it.

I wish they'd fuck off with this nonsense, everyone has been moaning about drops for months. Why does it take a major shitstorm or something being cheesed for action to happen

XQQ90P1.png

WipedOut

While I'm bitching about the drop rate of crucible I do find myself very very lucky to get a 320 Ghost let alone a ghost at all. Just wish it would have been a turd Ghost.

Not sure I can farm this mode any longer after yesterday. I might go do bounties over on Xbox this weekend..... maybe.

Frenden

Banned
LOL MAN DATE

I'll let my GF know.

lol

Thanks

Remember when they fixed Iron Banner's drop rates and then they were right back down the next Banner? This is nothing new. I'm left to assume they try and push the limits of the grind as far as possible and as often as possible. There's no other reason to be so punitive.

Unless news outlets post smarmy articles about it, they don't budge. But when Kotaku, Eurogamer, Forbes, et al., report about it, they at least feign concern.

Deku Tree

I'm surprised he didn't show us a picture of his dog.

Crucible drop rates have been shit since TTK launched basically. There was only one Clash IB with good drop rates, after the first IB had horrible drop rates.

mantis is tweeting because Goth is complaining, and he's about to go play another game IMO.

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if these drop rates are as intended.

Deku got a ghost. :3

You mean that blue ghost that I got?

Crucible drop rates have been shit since TTK launched basically. There was only one Clash IB with good drop rates, after the first IB had horrible drop rates.

mantis is tweeting because Goth is complaining, and he's about to go play another game IMO.

Bungie motto: working as intended

Lnkn52

LOL, Lars is the one that posts pictures of dogs.

Frenden

Banned

If he played Crucible for one night, he'd know the drop rate has been horrible all year. Either they're incompetent or lying. I don't see how there's any answer in between.

Whatever. I'm getting so salty that deer are trying to lick me. Gonna chill on posting for a bit.

Yeah, it's unfortunate for people that want to play the mode legit but dem's the breaks with online gaming. As you say the problem lies with Bungie incentivizing poor player behavior. Nobody has a contract with the other team to put up a good fight; everybody gets to decide how they want to spend their own time. If lots of people have decided to spend their time this way, that's a combination of normal human behavior and bad game design.

Thubderlord post hype :p

lol I've definitely dug my own grave with that one.... Trust me, that would be an intentional page top if I ever got around to finishing it. If I'm gonna spend Destiny-related time nowadays it should be on stuff like that anyway, since I don't see myself playing much of the actual game anytime soon.

Anyone wants to shoot in the air and die with me? Going to leave it running for a while.

I'm down for a few matches

lol I've definitely dug my own grave with that one.... Trust me, that would be an intentional page top if I ever got around to finishing it. If I'm gonna spend Destiny-related time nowadays it should be on stuff like that anyway, since I don't see myself playing much of the actual game anytime soon.

I think it's one of those that's better left unfinished :p Will hopefully still be an inside joke for the next 8 years!

WipedOut

There was only one Clash IB with good drop rates

This was probably the only time in Destiny History that any event or mode had amazing Drops. I was getting stuff left and right. I was just mad I only had one alt that could play on PS4 at the time.

That and SRL should be the drop rate we get in every playlist/raid.

I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped the loot drop rate for Crimson items and the drop rate for normal crucible drops. I've never seen this many crucible gun drops.

This was probably the only time in Destiny History that any event or mode had amazing Drops. I was getting stuff left and right. I was just mad I only had one alt that could play on PS4 at the time.

That and SRL should be the drop rate we get in every playlist/raid.

Nah HoW was fucking great. I had 3 Ash Factories drop in one week. Spare change dropped every time. Matadors everywhere. I didnt even reroll any weapons to get the god rolls because the drop rate was so great. But apparently that was unintended since they have reverted back to 0.000001% chance drops with TTK.

WeTeHa

hotfix incoming: droprates are still the same (i.e. super crappy) when playing legit and you won't get any drops from suiciding.

While I'm bitching about the drop rate of crucible I do find myself very very lucky to get a 320 Ghost let alone a ghost at all. Just wish it would have been a turd Ghost.

Not sure I can farm this mode any longer after yesterday. I might go do bounties over on Xbox this weekend..... maybe.
Just let it run with a rubber band on ps4 while actually playing on xbox. 2 birds, 1 stone.

WipedOut

hotfix incoming: droprates are still the same (i.e. super crappy) when playing legit and you won't get any drops from suiciding.

Just let it run with a rubber band on ps4 while actually playing on xbox. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Or maybe just do both while watching netflix. Would that give me Instant Red Bar?

Top Bottom