• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Whether Hotline Bling is on sale or not for those who are interested in it is...disgusting? I don't get this anti micro transaction mentality.

Sell me a US$40 DLC and then also sell me dances, I'll buy whatever looks to be worth it, but I don't find Eva selling stuff to be an issue - even when in not interested in it.

You know you want that Hotline Bling dance, you love it every time I do it at the end of a match.

Frenden

Banned
That SBMM blurb in the BWU (or whatever the hell it's called now) was nothing. "We hear you, but still know best! Doing our job is hard!"

You know you want that Hotline Bling dance, you love it every time I do it at the end of a match.

I admit, I loved seeing it when we played together.

its really weird i don't get it.. the core gameplay is so good and it has so much potential

don't know why people seem to almost want it to fail

Because it promised the world.

We just didn't realize that it was third world quality.

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase​

Ulgh. Chase that new #, boys.

?

Definitely not nothing.

Personally I was looking for a reference to the Suicide Doubles.

I, too, am disappointed in that venture.

Yeah, I am still REALLY salty about the CD drop rate and the BWU not mentioning it really irked me the wrong way. I feel like we already knew stuff was coming thanks to Jason. To be fair this did have the confirmation people wanted. It was a bad misguided salty post on my part.

Feorax

So if my Warlock is 315 and I have my two other toons sitting around 300, I only really need to worry about finishing levelling their subclasses between now and April/May?

Good to know.

Hedera

Yes, some PVE content! Guess I'll finally renew my Plus subscription in the spring then.

(Not that there's any indication since the word "new" was actually used but I'm hoping the spring content is not just the old raids or PoE revamped with higher light gear.)

I admit, I loved seeing it when we played together.

Because it promised the world.

We just didn't realize that it was third world quality.

See, I didn't really pay attention to the game until the beta. I just knew that it was Halo mixed with Borderlands and all my friends were getting it.
Then I played the beta, I liked it and then bought it.
What exactly were Bungie promising?

Yeah, I am still REALLY salty about the CD drop rate and the BWU not mentioning it really irked me the wrong way. I feel like we already knew stuff was coming thanks to Jason. To be fair this did have the confirmation people wanted. It was a bad misguided salty post on my part.

Don't sweat it

I'm positive, no I'm right in saying that I've generated more salt than anyone combined in my venture with Destiny and perusing the DGaf threads.

It's legendary. My hate for Destiny knows no bounds.

Mindlog

Updated PoE confirmed
A real PoE would be fantastic. Skolas was alright and some of the other bosses were pretty good too. The rest falls flat really hard though.

Hope the expansion is great, but there are a lot more good games coming out now. Odds on the still locked exotics being locked behind the next expansion? 100%?

Its not misguided, they've got a ton of shit to fix as well as new content. as new content with the systems we have in place fixes nothing

LTWood12

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017.

Don't go into too much detail there guys! 'slated for spring' seems kind of like a red flag to me. Like 'it's on the schedule for then'; and not 'we are launching x on x date.'

Well, at least we have an idea of what to expect now.

I'm not excited for the pve stuff coming this spring, it sounds like they're just gonna recycle content again like Crimson Doubles.

Expansion later this year and sequel next year don't have me hyped, but I'm glad we know what's coming.

Lnkn52

Don't go into too much detail there guys! 'slated for spring' seems kind of like a red flag to me. Like 'it's on the schedule for then'; and not 'we are launching x on x date.'

In before Spring turns into Fall.

But atleast we got some roadmap, F I N A L L Y

darknil

Eh, I'll finish leveling up subclasses and play IB until May which I suspect will be the month of the spring update. I think they are trying to have big patches with a frequency. Patches have been 3 month apart since TTK, september, december, february and then May. Guess that will fall in line with another patch on September with the announced expansion.

See, I didn't really pay attention to the game until the beta. I just knew that it was Halo mixed with Borderlands and all my friends were getting it.
Then I played the beta, I liked it and then bought it.
What exactly were Bungie promising?

Honestly, it's been so long I don't remember the specifics. IIRC, though, the back of the box itself way oversells the game.

I remember it was far from humble referencing the story experience, which we all know how that turned out...

stb

They said the magic word "PVE" That alone gets me cautiously excited, and said "replayability" as well.

I really don't intend to be a pessimist, but the last time they touted "replayablity", it was in the context of PoE, which I straight up resented playing.

At least we have something resembling milestones, and they've confirmed D2, and it's far enough away that I'm hopeful they're going to be/have been rebuilding huge tracts (if not the entire) engine.

Frenden

Banned
Can you comment on what the changes at Bungie/Destiny mean?

We have incredible success on our hands. Potent partnership. Bungie has proven themselves capable. Interests remain aligned. Confident in Bungie.

First job is to capitalize on Destiny's engagement and keep players playing.

(Paraphrased.)

Lnkn52

Derp

OnrHSU1.png

I havent played since Fallout 4 was released, but this Spring update might be interesting. If it is nothing more than Light increase and loot drops though, may have to wait for the Fall expansion to really get back into it.

WipedOut

I havent played since Fallout 4 was released, but this Spring update might be interesting. If it is nothing more than Light increase and loot drops though, may have to wait for the Fall expansion to really get back into it.
And that is ok to do, there are other games.

blamite

AMAZING TWABdate.

You can just tell how frustrated Deej was while writing it.

The reverse-salt at months of disappointments, complaints about no new content, and Crimson Doubles suicide fiasco is delicious.

Top Bottom