• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I guess I'm in the minority, but if the spring update consists on updated raids I'll be disappointed for sure. Don't feel like replaying that content honestly... Also they used the word "new" on the blog, which leads me to think (and hope) that's not the case.

I'm with you.. i don't wanna any "updated" nonsense

ocean

Banned
God that last team was actually shitters with their Hawkmoon :

You have to bounce ocean?
Thanks for the matches man gotta go. Not playing my A-game today. Also holy shit that dude was pulling off Y1 range kills with his Hawkmoon. Mad props, I ain't even mad - made me nostalgic.

Raven117

I love Destiny. But damn...if they are just raising the light level a little higher with nothing really substantial to go with it, then I still may pass.

I chased gear and 30, 32, 34 because in gaining gear and the specific level, it materially affected the gameplay.

Now, there is nothing specifically noticeable between 313 and 320.

Ghazi

The Light system is incredibly bad, yes. I really hope Bungie know that.

I went from playing 12+ hours a day to 0 because of it.

Sigh. The Light System is soooo bad.
What about it do you guys consider bad?

You're missing the point. Light level raised! All that 320 chasing rendered meaningless! Chase a new meaningless number!
Except they flat out said that reaching 320 is not necessary and that was reflected in game.

i dunno i kinda liked the incremental level increases .. at least initially

decrypting a blue engram and increasing your light just that little bit felt rewarding to me

blue engrams never meant shit before

decrypting a blue engram and increasing your light just that little bit felt rewarding to me

It's great til you get to the end game. The end g ame is where it falls apart.

WipedOut

Not only do you have to hope to get a drop (RNG) but you also have to hope it drops higher than what you currently have (RNG). That's two instances of RNG. Horrible.
Exactly

For example

Nightfall activities should drop 290-310 gear solid numbers, not 291.
Normal mode guaranteed 310
Hard mode guaranteed 320

Infusion

Infusing a 310 into a 300 should bring the lower number to max level.

Kyoufu

Brian, I don't play for blues. I stopped caring about how good my blues were at the end of the first day of TTK when I was ready to enter King's Fall.

deadduck

285 pink ghost and 309 poo ghost in 3 hours at 270-290ish light.

Had so many sweaty games, but some really good ones. Only baggers I remember done it at 2nd round. They lost 5-2.

They need a perm doubles playlist. Just wish all games except classics had LL enabled.

Brian, I don't play for blues. I stopped caring about how good my blues were at the end of the first day of TTK when I was ready to enter King's Fall.

the first day huh.. thats pretty impressive

edit: this has me remembering when i didn't understand to equip highest light when decrypting engrams.. i wasted so many engrams early on lol

I remember chasing light level on the first day. 22 hours straight playing the game. 170 to 296 light level. Never again.
On my Warlock

SnakeEyes

Banned
Good to see that there's a solid announcement on new content for this year. Dunno if I'll come back between now and then (unless someone needs a 6th for a Raid, or Iron Banner stops lagging) but I'll definitely be back for new PvE content.

I remember chasing light level on the first day. 22 hours straight playing the game. 170 to 296 light level. Never again.
On my Warlock
You say that now, but I know I'll see you online within the first minute when it does go online :p

ocean

Banned
What about it do you guys consider bad?

Except they flat out said that reaching 320 is not necessary and that was reflected in game.
The Light system works for hyper casual players. I mean players who:
- Only care about reaching high enough level to check out what's in the game
And
- Don't give a shit about perks or looks.

For more advanced players, it's ass. I like having 300 DIS + 300 STR on my Nightstalker, with Sniper Reload on my gloves and Void Armor buff in my chest, preferably from a matching set (all Trials, all IB, all Neuroghast, all Dead Orbit or something like that). But then I also want 300 INT + 300 DIS with Hand Cannon reload and Solar Armor chest for my Gunslinger.

Having multiple armor sets with the perks and stats you like is extremely difficult when you rely on Golgoroth Challenge for any meaningful infusion potential.

Etheric Light was a more elegant solution which encouraged horizontal progression. Instead of making progression so expensive (cannibalizing high Light drops at a fucking loss), you could just automatically get a drop to par and make it part of your endgame loadout.

So like let's say I feel like trying out a Gunsmith primary in Trials. I'd want it to be 310 at least. Getting it there from the base 280 would require waiting for Oryx CM, running that 3x, and hoping the bastard doesn't give me all-Helms.....or I could just ignore the gunsmith forever because it isn't worth it going through that and just stick to my MIDA.

This system makes loadouts more restricted and less diverse than they've ever been.

adin75

New PvE content! Hopefully it is enough to get me and my friends back into the game. While we enjoyed the game, there has been nothing in TTK to keep us interested long term. Fingers crossed.

Toddler

The cycle continues... current content will become irrelevant, new content will burn out quickly.

Still love this game, tho. Just wish I didn't have to rely on LFG and tremendous luck to achieve endgame status.

I have no 320 items because I never cared about my LL beyond 310. I found that kind of flexibility freeing, but I can also understand the desire to reach max level at all costs even if it confers no actual benefit in the gameplay. I still prefer this system over the previous level system, though I would like to see 100% infusion just to reduce the tedium.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You can't spell destiny without destin. Amirite?
tumblr_n8izerIsYc1qzpn6vo1_500.gif

Kyoufu

Bungie's top priority in fixing endgame should be creating raid loot that is worth chasing. Loot that you're chasing to use, not to infuse.

Aside from the KF Machine Gun, I can't think of anything else that's worth chasing in that raid, whereas Vault of Glass was filled to the brim with it.

If they can achieve worthy raid loot once again and scrap the current Light level system then maybe I can enjoy the game like I did in Year 1 again.

GhaleonEB

AND....nothing! Why even write this up?

Been in meetings all day, but I was surprised by this reaction. Deej's BWU's (which is what I'll continue to call them, dammit) tend to be long on prose and short on information. This one was the opposite, which I strongly prefer. Say what you can say and call it a wrap.

I hope they look to revamp some year 1 activities. Get all the strikes into the high level strike playlists. Revamp PoE. Etc.

It is nice to know that Spring will show us new content but I have no optimism that it will be good. I want a fully-featured Horde mode but I'll get a couple of challenge modes added to Vault of Glass and Crota's End. Things that should have been there since Taken King started.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Been in meetings all day, but I was surprised by this reaction. Deej's BWU's (which is what I'll continue to call them, dammit) tend to be long on prose and short on information. This one was the opposite, which I strongly prefer. Say what you can say and call it a wrap.

I hope they look to revamp some year 1 activities. Get all the strikes into the high level strike playlists. Revamp PoE. Etc.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again - I miss The Devil's Lair and The Summoning Pits. All of the Strikes need to be brought in line with Year 2.

This is how I took the 'replayable' language, but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking on my part. I would think they had some egg on their face after talking up the replay value of PoE, and I would actually be more excited for revamped old content that I already enjoy as opposed to rolling the dice on something completely new.

Kyoufu

Bungie should add matchmaking for Nightfall and Story missions sometime between now and September. I don't know why they haven't already.

Top Bottom