• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

No, totally random.

So what your saying is I can suicide my way to a 320 ghost possibly?

yusjga6gvujpqbm6liup.gif

GlamFM

Banned
Bungie should add matchmaking for Nightfall and Story missions sometime between now and September. I don't know why they haven't already.

They should start by giving us the old style NF back.

God knows why they even changed it into this garbage we currently have.

Picking mine up Sat. Hori makes goose stuff, alot better than pretty much any other fight pad out there (considering what to choose from). On sale for $30 at amazon and Gamestop right now.

Oh man, thanks. I don't know why I was under the impression that their products were pretty cheap feeling. I'm not seeing it on either site for that price, I might have to pop in to a store on my way home.

ocean

Banned
Seen in Reddit:

"I also wanted to point out the irony of this sub complaining about ghost shells as nightfall rewards for months only to then grind crucible games for hours on end for...ghost shells."

Ayyy so much truth.

Mindlog

NghtlyHype was the combo that got me to the Lighthouse the first time. That was a fun run on Burning Shrine. They pushed the enemy hard and I could come in from the side with my Vex and rack up what was left.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to disappear for an hour so if we run into a suicide team uh don't kill yourself.

And difference between 280-300 ghost and up to 320 ghost.

GhaleonEB

I've said this before, and I'll say it again - I miss The Devil's Lair and The Summoning Pits. All of the Strikes need to be brought in line with Year 2.

This is how I took the 'replayable' language, but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking on my part. I would think they had some egg on their face after talking up the replay value of PoE, and I would actually be more excited for revamped old content that I already enjoy as opposed to rolling the dice on something completely new.

Yeah, that's where I'd look for biggest bang for the (development) buck when trying to pad out the span between major content releases. My hope is they "Taken-ify" the older strikes with Taken and alternate encounters as they did with the set that released with Taken King. That would add quite a bit of replayability. I kinda miss Devil's Lair and the Nexus.

So would adding the criminally underused modifiers to a Strike playlist. That's the kind of thing I thought of, since the prior two times Bungie used "replayabliity" as a design goal in a PvE context, it was around PoE and the TTK strikes.

Not setting my expectations any higher until Bungie starts to detail their plans.

Thanks for the run Kadey, must have afked when I went to make toast. Anyone else for Suicide Doubles?

Gonna do this Nightall with LT first then I'll be down for doubles.

Kyoufu

They should start by giving us the old style NF back.

God knows why they even changed it into this garbage we currently have.

You mean booting to orbit upon failure or the loot quality?

If the latter, well, I feel like they put all the good loot in quests so the raid and Nightfall both suffered as a result of being left with scraps. There's no reason why they can't have every area of the game filled with good loot. They were close to it last year.

Wait, that was the BWU?
Itsfuckingnothing.gif

My thoughts as well. Sure they talked about upcoming content stuff but there is still no specific indication of when those will come and what they will amount to. Just, "hey PvE stuff in spring, and expansion later this year, and Destiny 2 next year." until we know more I wouldn't assume too much about any of these things or their scope.

Namikaze1

What's the point of going for a 320 ghost (anything really) now anyway? I'm just gonna do what Frenden and Ape did to get the damn pink ghost (screw poop ghost!) since the light level is being increased in a few months anyway.

Not a bad looking controller! I never really gave a 2nd thought outside their fighter specific controllers, I wouldn't mind trying it to compare vs the DS4.

I got one over Christmas and I can't get used to the Xbox layout after using the DS4 for so long (everything feels a reach). If anyone's UK and wants to buy it cheaper than Amazon, hit me up

recks

My thoughts as well. Sure they talked about upcoming content stuff but there is still no specific indication of when those will come and what they will amount to. Just, "hey PvE stuff in spring, and expansion later this year, and Destiny 2 next year." until we know more I wouldn't assume too much about any of these things or their scope.
Dunno how much clearer they could have been.

Seen in Reddit:

"I also wanted to point out the irony of this sub complaining about ghost shells as nightfall rewards for months only to then grind crucible games for hours on end for...ghost shells."

Ayyy so much truth.

I can get a pink or chocolate ghost from nightfall? (Or others a 320?)

What no one needs is another 280 vanguard shell from nightfall. That has nothing to do with a time limited event shell in colors that don't otherwise exist, at light levels that aren't available outside Iron Banner and HM raids.

Alright, once more unto the breach, this time with a low light level to see what happens.

Anyone for some rubberband crimson suicides? Psn same as gaf.

I don't get how Bungie can analyze their game and not see that there is too much heavy ammo in the 3v3 modes.

Spawn it in once per game. At six minutes.

And don't give out so much MG ammo.

Kydd BlaZe

Seen in Reddit:

Ayyy so much truth.
No truth at all actually

Nightfall doesn't have the potential to drop 320 ghost shells, unlike Crimson Days.

So basically

Spring - Taken Atheon/Crota/PoE, All Year 1 Exotics and Legendaries converted to Year Two, Infusion update, Raid MM
Fall - Old Chicago Expansion
2017 - Sequel

tumblr_lukotsQyTL1qkv4zy.gif

Navy Bean

Do Nightfalls still have burns? I stopped running them months ago. In any event, I think Bungie royally screwed up in removing primary burn weapons. They should have gone the other way - every weapon should have a burn and more enemies should be burn shielded. Just was much more fun imo.

Deku Tree

Spring light level bump guess: similar to the TTK system

Max light 360.
Exotic engrams turn into 330 when your over 320.
End game normal mode PvE recommended 330.
End game hard mode PvE activity recommended 350-360.
Once over 340 exotic engrams have a chance to drop at 350.

Of course they could use a new style system.

Top Bottom