• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

ocean

Banned
So basically

Spring - Taken Atheon/Crota/PoE, All Year 1 Exotics and Legendaries converted to Year Two, Infusion update, Raid MM
Fall - Old Chicago Expansion
2017 - Sequel

tumblr_lukotsQyTL1qkv4zy.gif
Old Chicago would be ace. I'd be ok with this.

Up for doubles sometime during the week? I'm in the minority but I've actually had a blast. 2v2 Elimination is an amazing mode, there's so many 1v1s and feasible 1v2s (because of the Romeo and Juliet buff).

Kyoufu

I hope they stop making mediocre guns with muted abilities. We need PVE to be exciting and desirable again.

Agreed.

They were really afraid of falling into the Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence + Found Verdict + Gjallarhorn cookie cutter loadout trap again so they made everything trash for the sake of diversity.

I hold my hand up and admit that I was one of those who complained about the lack of loadout diversity in Year 1 but their solution wasn't to build on powerful weapons but instead removing them altogether.

It's kind of like how Mass Effect 1 had flawed RPG systems but instead of building and improving them Bioware just said fuck it and removed all of it in ME2.

The one thing I'm curious about regarding Destiny's financials is the impact of last gen. Just how many sales were a result of last gen and have last gen players supported Dlc at the same rate as current gen. I'd also be curious to see if last gen receives the expansion that is supposed to drop this year (I'd guess they will).

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hour 1 of Suicides: no 320 ghost yet.
The one thing I'm curious about regarding Destiny's financials is the impact of last gen. Just how many sales were a result of last gen and have last gen players supported Dlc at the same rate as current gen. I'd also be curious to see if last gen receives the expansion that is supposed to drop this year (I'd guess they will).
Well iirc, last gen makes up at least 10%-20% of players.

What's the point of going for a 320 ghost (anything really) now anyway? I'm just gonna do what Frenden and Ape did to get the damn pink ghost (screw poop ghost!) since the light level is being increased in a few months anyway.

Good luck! Hopefully the Trials map tomorrow is good. Trials is still my favorite thing in Destiny and I'm very anxious to see how the special ammo nerf pans out. If everyone is starting with an Icebreaker or sidearm then I think it's a failure.

ocean

Banned
Good luck! Hopefully the Trials map tomorrow is good. Trials is still my favorite thing in Destiny and I'm very anxious to see how the special ammo nerf pans out. If everyone is starting with an Icebreaker or sidearm then I think it's a failure.
Been using Sidearms in Doubles. At first just for ammo cheese but later just keeping it for full matches. It's tricky because you're tempted to use em at HC range and they suck, you have to constantly remind yourself to get closer before using them. But at their ideal range they're super fun to use, tend to catch players off guard. Great way to surprise and overwhelm a sniper.

Toddler

Spring light level bump guess: similar to the TTK system

Max light 360.
Exotic engrams turn into 330 when your over 320.
End game normal mode PvE recommended 330.
End game hard mode PvE activity recommended 350-360.
Once over 340 exotic engrams have a chance to drop at 350.

Of course they could use a new style system.

Let's say the world update brings a new approach at achieving 360 all together.

VoG drops 330 gear, requires 310-320 (normal-hard)
Crota drops 340, requires 320-330
PoE drops 350, requires 330-340
KF drops 360, requires 340-350

Special events continue with their own 1 or 2 items that drop to help fill in the gaps in chasing 360.

IB and Trials reward based on current light level (as I thought they were supposed to do already).

Dthomp

So far I think I've done maybe 5 hours of suicide play, and best I've got is a 315 Choco Ghost, but no legendary crucible guns, and only a few leg. engrams. Maybe 15 or so strange coins. Not sure it's been worth it, todays two hours got me nothing of note other then EXP for my hunter

todd360

What's the point of going for a 320 ghost (anything really) now anyway? I'm just gonna do what Frenden and Ape did to get the damn pink ghost (screw poop ghost!) since the light level is being increased in a few months anyway.

Are you fucking kidding me? I've been saying that playing just to get to 320 was a waste of time for months now. You can do everything in the game at like 310 and 320 won't even give you an advantage when the new light level hits because you will be past 320 within an hour.

and then i got nerfed rip

How much is Forge to "blame" though? You said Forge is the best its ever been + you said Forge has always dominated your playtime since forever = you would probably have quit even without a nerf?

Whats that meme again? The problem with x is that its just too damn good?

stay gold

I must say the damage referee thing seems to be working ok in Control. Ran into a teleporting red bar earlier and he couldn't damage me at all but my shots were registering fine on him.

E92 M3

This next expansion needs a snowy area, it's like the 1 thing The Division has over Destiny.

Hell yeah, but I'm not expecting it.

Agreed.

They were really afraid of falling into the Fatebringer/Vision of Confluence + Found Verdict + Gjallarhorn cookie cutter loadout trap again so they made everything trash for the sake of diversity.

I hold my hand up and admit that I was one of those who complained about the lack of loadout diversity in Year 1 but their solution wasn't to build on powerful weapons but instead removing them altogether.

It's kind of like how Mass Effect 1 had flawed RPG systems but instead of building and improving them Bioware just said fuck it and removed all of it in ME2.

I thought the diversity was fine in Y1 except Gjallarhorn was the defacto super weapon. Every game needs a super weapon, though. Now we have nothing.

Trance is that you? Haha, he says that all the time.

Anyone need a doubles partner on PSN?

That's a man who knows what's up!

Deku Tree

Wait, how many hours have people been grinding this with no results? I am aware of Slayerage's 24-hour stream, but I was really hoping it was an outlier.

Goth played it for many hours and got nothing too. Not quite 24 but a lot. Lots of gaffers are playing a lot and getting nothing too. I played probably 120+ Games losing 0-5 and got one poop ghost.

i guess i still owe dennis a trials run tho

Muahaha that run did end at 8-0 because of my internet :)

No rush though, one day we'll get it done. Play it when you actually enjoy it, i like playing with you (it goes for anyone else really) when you are having fun.

GhaleonEB

Random thought: repurpose the SLR tracks into PvE arenas, turning them into full on combat zones. We mount our equipped weapons to the Sparrows.

This is what happens when I'm tired and still at work.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Destiny needs a firefight type mode. Endless waves, increasing in difficulty, adding modifiers, etc. Basically ODST firefight.

Yes. The game is set up for it already too. Just make it like non stop public events happening. Mothyards would be. Great place for it.
Or let us use the raid areas.

So much wasted potential in this game. And we have to believe that they have staff that have thought of these options and have just not decided to go that route. Cause it would be sad if they haven't thought of these things.

Top Bottom