• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Matt Frost

One of the class specific scouts perhaps? Tlaloc or Boolean Gemini? Have been trying to find an exhaustive list of *all* exotics in the game and it's actually not that straightforward...

Same here, been googling it but with no results. And from what I know, is not any of those weapons... Is something no one knows about

Number45

Same here, been googling it but with no results. And from what I know, is not any of those weapons... Is something no one knows about
Yeah, there must be other inconsistencies as well. For example, on bungie.net there are eight special Y2 exotics - as far as I'm aware I'm missing just one (The Chaperone) but I only have six available to buy from the kiosk.

Also, the PlanetDestiny DB only shows seven Y2 specials as well. :/

WipedOut

It's probably a bug, the Xbox side has been showing an extra one which would be presumably the Jade Rabbit. Now we have two missing slots.

Matt Frost

Yeah, there must be other inconsistencies as well. For example, on bungie.net there are eight special Y2 exotics - as far as I'm aware I'm missing just one (The Chaperone) but I only have six available to buy from the kiosk.

Also, the PlanetDestiny DB only shows seven Y2 specials as well. :/

The only info I got is on Reddit and they dont even know as well... so, yeah super secret weapon no one know anything about... wondering what it is... a hidden quest? RNG? If someone know, please shed some light...

Misc Other Hidden stuff

There seems to be a secret scout rifle which shows on the blue prints as hidden (after acquiring a year 2 Mida)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3l7f8n/guide_to_attaining_year_2_exotic_weapons/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3w21qm/new_hidden_exotic_most_likely_tied_to_the_mida/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vysi8/undiscovered_exotic_scout_rifle_slot_appears_in/

Tri4

Any ideas on what exotic armour I should be running on my bladedancer for PvP? supposedly the third man only increases arc blade duration by 1 swipe which doesn't seem worth it. The ATS/8 looks better since it reduces your grenade timer by a few secs and arc blade by like 30 secs.

Deku Tree

The only info I got is on Reddit and they dont even know as well... so, yeah super secret weapon no one know anything about... wondering what it is... a hidden quest? RNG? If someone know, please shed some light...

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3l7f8n/guide_to_attaining_year_2_exotic_weapons/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3w21qm/new_hidden_exotic_most_likely_tied_to_the_mida/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vysi8/undiscovered_exotic_scout_rifle_slot_appears_in/

File it in the same category as the fatal vision ship in the kiosk

Any ideas on what exotic armour I should be running on my bladedancer for PvP? supposedly the third man only increases arc blade duration by 1 swipe which doesn't seem worth it. The ATS/8 looks better since it reduces your grenade timer by a few secs and arc blade by like 30 secs.

Shinobus Vow when they finally get around to releasing them, until then the tarantella is the best of a bad bunch

Frenden

Banned
Tarantela is rad.

Number45

This is what I've got from bungie.net, PlanetDestiny and assuming the missing Y2 special is No Land Beyond:

Primary

Auto Rifles
  • SUROS Regime
  • Monte Carlo
  • Fabian Strategy
  • Hard Light
  • Zhalo Supercell
Hand Cannons
  • Ace of Spades
  • Hawkmoon
  • The Last Word
  • The First Curse
Pulse Rifles
  • Bad Juju
  • Red Death
  • No Time to Explain
Scout Rifles
  • MIDA Multi-Tool
  • Touch of Malice
  • Boolean Gemini
  • The Jade Rabbit
  • Tlaloc

Special

Fusion Rifles
  • Plan C
  • Telesto
Shotguns
  • The Chaperone
  • Invective
  • The 4th Horseman
Sniper Rifles
  • Black Spindle
  • Hereafter
  • No Land Beyond*

(* - NLB under specials because that's where bungie.net seems to place it)

Heavy
Fusion Rifles
  • Sleeper Simulant
Machine Guns
  • Thunderlord
  • Super Good Advice
Rocket Launchers
  • Dragon's Breath
  • Truth
Swords
  • Bolt-Caster
  • Dark-Drinker
  • Raze-Lighter

Highlighted are the Y2 items I'm missing (The Chaperone will be with me on next armsday reset).

EDIT: Just noticed your post about the extra scout in the kiosk, which doesn't seem to be on the website. Not at home so can't confirm I have that or not (assume I do as I have the Y2 MIDA unlocked).

Well, I'm home today playing destiny for a few hours until my dentist appt rolls around.

I cracked two teeth yesterday because my brain was too stupid to wait for the fork to leave my mouth before I bit down...

Guess I'm going to try for Rank 5 on my hunter...

Also, Iron Banner Lag has gotten pretty rough again this weekend. I've taken a few clips that I'll post later.

Here is the exotic blueprint kiosk with all weapons unlocked. Someone should message the guy with Fate of All Fools to see if and where it appears in his kiosk.
lczEWwBh.jpg

Deku Tree

Here is the exotic blueprint kiosk with all weapons unlocked. Someone should message the guy with Fate of All Fools to see if and where it appears in his kiosk.
lczEWwBh.jpg

I think it doesn't appear in the kiosk, and its year one power only. That guy can pick up as many of them as he wants at the special orders vendor.

embalm

How do you guys manage your Exotics versus your other equipment?

Is there one slot you almost always use for it? Do you juggle equipment and swap it around a lot?

Right now I'm using Exotic specials on my Warlock character, swapping between Black Spindle and Invective.

I'm using exotic primaries on my Titan, swapping between No Time to Explain, Mida, and Hard Light.

Now I've got Exotic swords coming soon, a Dragon's Breath, SGA, and Thunderlord and I have no idea what to do with them.

On Friday I joked about taking a break from DGAF for a bit and LT was all:

giphy.gif

So, I'm back. Which reminds me, Dr Drizz, where you at?

giphy.gif

Where's that ranking of Raid Encouters already?

Don't hate me, Drizz! Was gif hunting and found that one. Was too perfect not to use.

Number45

How do you guys manage your Exotics versus your other equipment?

Is there one slot you almost always use for it? Do you juggle equipment and swap it around a lot?

Right now I'm using Exotic specials on my Warlock character, swapping between Black Spindle and Invective.

I'm using exotic primaries on my Titan, swapping between No Time to Explain, Mida, and Hard Light.

Now I've got Exotic swords coming soon, a Dragon's Breath, SGA, and Thunderlord and I have no idea what to do with them.
Swords I use quite a bit, the Dragon's Breath if I need a solar RL and TLW in PvP. Other than that the only exotics I use regularly are ToM and BS and that's in raid content only.

I'd probably use MIDA/Bad Juju/Red Death but I need them to drop at 310. I don't have much primary infusion fuel.

IB rewards...

320 Helmet (Hunter)
317 Hand Cannon (Warlock)
311 Gauntlets (Titan)

...not bad considering I don't think I played 30 matches in total across 3 characters.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
IB rewards...

320 Helmet (Hunter)
317 Hand Cannon (Warlock)
311 Gauntlets (Titan)

...not bad considering I don't think I played 30 matches in total across 3 characters.

I got a 310 ghost. Fuck Bungie.

It moved to the kiosk, or w/e.... I wonder if in year 1 that guy could create infinite exotic shards.
I thought he got it in the postmaster and not from Tess, but I'm just going from memory.

EDIT: His wife wrote that he got it from "Tess the Post Master" so who the hell knows.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Did you go to orbit after collecting your reward package? Sometimes it doesn't drop until then. Relax, breathe easy, log back in as that character and you will get something.

No. Thanks for the heads up. Is this a bug?

Matt Frost

I have a contract for the Boolean Gemini that asks me to hunt Grayris in Venus but I cant find her at all, any clue please?

File it in the same category as the fatal vision ship in the kiosk

Been looking at it, actually completed every adventure I had (more below) and shows as locked. Definitely another mystery to be solved

WipedOut

How is the IB Sniper?

I got one with:
Shortgaze/Ambush
Partial Refund
Perfect Balance / Hand Laid Stock / Smallbore
Hidden Hand.

Oh and speaking of Pulse Rifles, I miss my Hawksaw on XB1, Wish I had this roll on PS4.

Hawksaw:
SPO-28
Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Smallbore

Capture.png

How is the IB Sniper?

I got one with:
Shortgaze/Ambush
Partial Refund
Perfect Balance / Hand Laid Stock / Smallbore
Hidden Hand.

Oh and speaking of Pulse Rifles, I miss my Hawksaw on XB1, Wish I had this roll on PS4.

Hawksaw:
SPO-28
Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Smallbore

Capture.png

I think yours would be the highest aim assist a sniper can have atm (shortgaze, range buff and hh). It cant revive snipe though.

This Thursday's Weekly Update is going to be very important in my estimation of Destiny and Bungie's attitude toward the live game:

The February Update includes more than Crimson Days. There are more bullets we’ll be firing to impact the quality of your Guardian lifestyle. Pay us a visit next week for a preview.​

I'm not interested in a Social Shooter with a Live Event model where Quality of Life updates aren't taken seriously. It sounds like it's being addressed, which pleases me, but I can't forget the weapons part nerf. (In my mind, the Weapons Parts nerf is the worst thing to have happened in Year 2. It's on par with Rexurbishing & Commendations.)

I realized that Bungie has frittered away what goodwill I had toward them when I can take the above post, which is ostensibly good news, and I write a post with such a negative tone.

There are so many low hanging fruit:

PvE
Fix the Nightfall/Weekly Shaxx Rewards
Make strikes, particularly heroics, more rewarding (maybe better chance at Strike Specific loot?)
Change up Challenge Mode Rewards (artifacts, class items, ghosts)

PvP
Actually increase drop rates
Roll out new CB priority MM to more playlists
Nerf special ammo spawns (You shouldn't be able to use a special as a primary)
Nerf Heavy ammo spawns in 3v3s
Nerf HMG ammo in Crucible (you shouldn't be able to keep a HMG for a whole game)
Have Planetary mats drop post game

General:
Rotate Vendor Stock
Have Xur sell higher light items
Have all the shaders be in the drop table (Crucible & Cryptarch ones, I'm looking at you.)
Lower the rare planetary mat requirement for swords. (I still only have one exotic sword)
Be more generous with legendary marks, strange coins, etc. (Make it rain)
Actually have the Cryptarch give better rewards on rankup? Remember when Bungie said that was a thing?

Bigger ideas (but not new content or changing designs):
Let shaders affect class items again. (Sweet Jesus, who let that change?)
Put Year 1 strikes in Playlist. Don't even have to modify them or Takenify them. Just put them in the playlists, including Nightfall.
Allow Year 1 class items to be infused

None of these are new content. None of these are invalidating design decisions, no matter how bad they are. There are huge big things that this doesn't touch (raid drops in general as an example.)

Just making our current game, as it is, a bit friendlier to the players.

I want more variety. And so that's why I want more cosmetic options and more rewards so we're not all running 1kYS vendor roll & Hung Jury.

So yeah, Thursday will be very interesting. How much does Bungie care about the live game and players beyond exploiting us for Microtransactions?

Number45

I have a contract for the Boolean Gemini that asks me to hunt Grayris in Venus but I cant find her at all, any clue please?
She's the taken ultra that spawns in the Forgotten Shore (head right at the spawn) once you've taken down three lieutenants. She can be a pain to take down because there's a lot of cover, she's surrounded by hobgoblins usually and it's not the most populated area. Get it today while she's still the subject of the weekly Petra bounty!

Top Bottom