• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Thanks! This lower light level business seems to work. 17 hours at 320, no ghosts, drop to 283, 3 ghosts in 4 hours.

Assuming you don't need that 320 ghost anyway...

Edit: of course, rng gonna rng, but I want to believe!

I had a theory that the higher light you are/more you play the worse the drops are for you. Sounds like some of that might be true now that people are dropping their light and actually being rewarded.

How is everyone liking CD? I've taken a bit of a break from Destiny for the last couple weeks. I've just been lurking here to see how things are going. Has CD been fun?

I seriously doubt they will change or add stuff to the old raids. Best bet is challenge modes for the boss fights and upgraded LL on loot drops.

As long as the weapons and armor drop at max light and have the same fixed perks, I'll be happy.

I had a theory that the higher light you are/more you play the worse the drops are for you. Sounds like some of that might be true now that people are dropping their light and actually being rewarded.

Could be, I was 298 during the last 30 odd games with Wipedout and got 5 ghost drops.

Wipedout was 314 and had zero ghost drops.

I seriously doubt they will change or add stuff to the old raids. Best bet is challenge modes for the boss fights and upgraded LL on loot drops.

As long as the weapons and armor drop at max light and have the same fixed perks, I'll be happy.
I don't think anyone expects them to add new things to the raid. Most people just want them to be max light so past raids are relevant again.

Kalamari

They should add challenge modes to VoG and CE, complete with 320 level Y1 drops.

Breezy can finally get a 320 Hezen's Vengeance.

And I can still struggle to get the 320 BH that will never ever drop.

Alright, who carried Wiped in CD?

Team effort. One game a titan tea-bagged Wiped in the first round. Should have seen him, he went berserk and got a 7 K/D that game and bagged the shit out of that titan in the final round :p

I don't think anyone expects them to add new things to the raid. Most people just want them to be max light so past raids are relevant again.

Yup that's all we want.

Deku Tree

Thanks! This lower light level business seems to work. 17 hours at 320, no ghosts, drop to 283, 3 ghosts in 4 hours.

Forgot about my SRL armor. Equipped that... now at 207 light lol.

I really wonder what the loot algorithm looks like...your theory doesn't sound too off when you consider how iron banner loot also seems to turn to shit when you hit rank five.
Forgot about my SRL armor. Equipped that... now at 207 light lol.
Nice, hope it works!

Team effort. One game a titan tea-bagged Wiped in the first round. Should have seen him, he went berserk and got a 7 K/D that game and bagged the shit out of that titan in the final round :p

Yup that's all we want.
Eh replay old content using/to get the same weapons we used in year 1? Think I will past.

phen0m24

Who is this Grimlock you speak of? I kinda remember him posting here somewhat regularly but he hasn't been around much anymore.

My recollection: he was this funny cool dude who liked some goofy kid's singing and had MAD RUSHING SKILLZ

Of coarse!

Destiny players are stuck wandering in a desert. Anything substantially new at this point would be like finding water in a Oasis.

Sure hope they go nuts with Destiny 2 and that it isn't "Hey it's the Tower again and we're back in the Cosmodrome - now with a few new exotics..." Eh will give them the benefit of the doubt as they've been tight-lipped to this point.

Hedera

I really don't see the appeal of running the old content for items I already have but with higher level.

If there would be an item or currency (cause we need more of those) that would drop during the raids that would let me upgrade my fatebringer to current light levels I'd consider running the old content. If not, I'm not seeing myself grinding for that gear yet again.

(Not that I had to grind for my FB since that baby dropped on my first HM Templar)

WipedOut

Still waiting on a response from the message I sent. ;)

That may have been my best game in Destiny.

I just got an email from Bungie.

"Happy Crimson Days!" here's some new merch you can buy from our store. Haha. Cute.

Buy one get one free dude. Go wild :p

Eh replay old content using/to get the same weapons we used in year 1? Think I will past.

Old content is better than new content. Old weapons better than new weapons.

Still waiting on a response from the message I sent. ;)

That may have been my best game in Destiny.

You scarred him for life, poor guy will never teabag again.

It also will give more opportunities for 320 stuff...maybe.

All in all it just makes running the best raid worth it again. I miss me some VoG.

Man sucks that we have to wait tell 2017 for Destiny 2. Hopefully they really pimp out the game tho.

ocean

Banned
How is everyone liking CD? I've taken a bit of a break from Destiny for the last couple weeks. I've just been lurking here to see how things are going. Has CD been fun?
Depends on what you go into it for. If you want a 320 ghost, it'll probably be frustrating. If you want a ghost to drop at any light level it might also be frustrating for that matter :p

If you play because you like shooting people instead and not because you like loot, on the other hand, it's pretty great. Probably the second sweatiest playlist in the game (right behind Classic Free for All), with plenty of 1v1 and 1v2 scenarios. It's freaking great tbh except for a few maps which are rather large for 2v2 (looking at you, Frontier).

There's no way Bungie would let those weapons out of the Vault at year two light levels. For some reason, they view the perfection of VoC and Fatebringer as a problem.

If they bring the raids back, it will be with reworked weapons.

maomaoIYP

Depends on what you go into it for. If you want a 320 ghost, it'll probably be frustrating. If you want a ghost to drop at any light level it might also be frustrating for that matter :p

If you play because you like shooting people instead and not because you like loot, on the other hand, it's pretty great. Probably the second sweatiest playlist in the game (right behind Classic Free for All), with plenty of 1v1 and 1v2 scenarios. It's freaking great tbh except for a few maps which are rather large for 2v2 (looking at you, Frontier).

I'm actually enjoying CD a lot too. Don't care for a 320 ghost, just having fun with it.

WipedOut

Now I see why you jumped to PS4 - to clean up on the clearly inferior competition lol.

Played 5 games with Rueric last night and we went 5-0.... I'll admit though, Competition was sweatier over there. Every Match went the limit except 1, where Ruthless and I had many 5-0, 5-1, 5-2 matches.

There's no way Bungie would let those weapons out of the Vault at year two light levels. For some reason, they view the perfection of VoC and Fatebringer as a problem.

If they bring the raids back, it will be with reworked weapons.

The guns and their perks are fine, what they didn't like is the elemental burns, but the way that enemies in TTK are designed I can't see this being a problem anymore, They neutered our burn output, bring the damn guns back and let us have our fun again. I mean diablo rewards you with making a great build and finding those rare items by letting you wreak utter destruction.

4 hours of suicides last night, and no ghost. Has anyone here gotten anything above 312?

320 Crimson Ghost, seem to be in the very minority to get one, like the .04% of the .04%. That dropped in the first 15 matches playing legit and we lost when it dropped.

Deku Tree

And the method is real! I got a 212 pink ghost as a 208 LL wearing SRL armor...

LTWood12

Does anyone ever use No Time to Explain? On paper it just seems like it should be so good. But I never use it, nor do I ever see anyone else using it.

Deku Tree

Does anyone ever use No Time to Explain? On paper it just seems like it should be so good. But I never use it, nor do I ever see anyone else using it.

I use it in Iron Banner, and also when doing Vault of Glass, or other content. The problem is that my main content now is Raid's three times a week. And for those the only exotic weapons that I would equip are Spindle, Malice, and maybe/possibly Sleeper.

The guns and their perks are fine, what they didn't like is the elemental burns, but the way that enemies in TTK are designed I can't see this being a problem anymore, They neutered our burn output, bring the damn guns back and let us have our fun again. I mean diablo rewards you with making a great build and finding those rare items by letting you wreak utter destruction.
I agree but it is more than just the burns. They did nerf some of the things that make those guns what they are. Without field scout, VoC feels like a different gun. The general nerf to Hand Cannons along with the fact that Firefly can crash the game makes Fatebringer lesser.

My feeling right now is that Bungie has no idea how to make Destiny fun. Everything they do reduces the fun factor according to some unwritten philosophy they have. Game is hard to play right now - loot sucks, Crucible is broken and endgame is double RNG boredom.

I wish they would just reset everything to House of Wolves Era - the only problem I had then was Thorn... not like they really solved that one, right?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I really don't see the appeal of running the old content for items I already have but with higher level.

If there would be an item or currency (cause we need more of those) that would drop during the raids that would let me upgrade my fatebringer to current light levels I'd consider running the old content. If not, I'm not seeing myself grinding for that gear yet again.

(Not that I had to grind for my FB since that baby dropped on my first HM Templar)

I was assuming that by bringing the raids up to current light level we were all also asking that the drops in those raids would be brought up to be current as well.

I would love to have Fatebringer and Vison back.

Deku Tree

I really wonder what the loot algorithm looks like...your theory doesn't sound too off when you consider how iron banner loot also seems to turn to shit when you hit rank five.
Nice, hope it works!

Pink, I'm gonna be in another room for 10-15 minutes so if I get disconnected or something then I'm not gonna be back until then... hasn't happened yet though.

Hedera

I was assuming that by bringing the raids up to current light level we were all also asking that the drops in those raids would be brought up to be current as well.

I would love to have Fatebringer and Vison back.
Yeah and I'm saying that, maybe my wording isn't clear. What I don't want is to grind for items I already have and already had to grind for even if they drop at higher levels.

Top Bottom