• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Does anyone know if there's any veracity behind this? It's about 3oC again...

I'd be highly skeptical of anything purported to work '9 out of 10' times. Claims that a method works 'all of the time except for when it doesn't' are too open to biases.

In any event, it seems clear from the comments that many posters were not able to replicate the success rate in the OP, and instead of trying to concoct reasons why these posters got some aspect of the method wrong, I think it's more reasonable to conclude the post is either bogus or just an extremely lucky streak for one individual.

GutZ31

I mean it's true that somebody posted on Reddit saying that method gave them 11 exotics from 12 3oCs. Maybe they made it up, maybe it was normal RNG (hot and cold streaks are normal) etc. Nobody even at Bungie knows exactly how they're programmed to work and a sample size of 12 is way, way too small to make any conclusions.

The only way to prove or disprove the theory is by collecting way more data points and compiling the data sets of other players. If anybody cares enough to track it, we might make some reasonable conclusions (assuming people both track and report their data accurately). Bottom line: if you're going to run Strikes might as well help test it. Anecdotally myself and other friends have had decent luck popping a 3oC every 3rd Crucible match fwiw.
it ain't worth much

FTFY lol

Ryck

Ok figured it out the court of oryx was crazy hard cause I had loaded the nightfall and just kinda wandered off and started doing the court. I went back to orbit and did patrol and it was back to normal difficulty.

chur

Ok figured it out the court of oryx was crazy hard cause I had loaded the nightfall and just kinda wandered off and started doing the court. I went back to orbit and did patrol and it was back to normal difficulty.
That sounds cool. I'm going to have to try that.

Haha ok, I admit you got me there :p

But honestly that's part of the issue with any definitive "this is how it works!" posts. Destiny is a complicated game and it's never safe to assume anything that looks simple actually is simple. But if they're surprised by their own Ghost drop rates then I'd be surprised if 3oCs could be predicted by any basic method.

As the old scientific adage goes, "extraordinary results demand extraordinary proof." Doesn't mean it's untrue, but a Reddit post claiming 11 of 12 is far from extraordinary.

GutZ31

Would be awesome if they actually dropped better gear for the difficulty jump.
Doubtful though.

Haha ok, I admit you got me there :p

But honestly that's part of the issue with any definitive "this is how it works!" posts. Destiny is a complicated game and it's never safe to assume anything that looks simple actually is simple. But if they're surprised by their own Ghost drop rates then I'd be surprised if 3oCs could be predicted by any basic method.

As the old scientific adage goes, "extraordinary results demand extraordinary proof." Doesn't mean it's untrue, but a Reddit post claiming 11 of 12 is far from extraordinary.

Everything that can be heard, seen, smelt, or felt can be error if a human is involved in the process.

Ryck

Nightfall modifiers aren't active in public areas right?
Not the helpful ones. It just seemed like I couldn't hurt the Tier 1 bosses. It took all of my sword ammo to take down one of those night bro's using the solar sword uppercut.

along with an adept Doctrine with counterbalance. Thanks bro

Flawless x2 this weekend
Scarab emblem
And this?!?!

200w.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My observation for today. The guys with the highest K/D are actually great and have very good sportsmanship. But the lower ones are the ones taunting, etc.

WeTeHa

Played trials for the first time today. Got to 6 wins with 2 friends, then lost 3 games in a row. All of us are pretty average to decent at pvp though. I noticed a lot of sidearm/icebreaker/invective shenanigans. We even met 1 guy who was using thorn.

Got a full auto/third eye inward lamp from the gold bounty. Is that good?

Frenden

Banned
Sorry, Kadey. Lunch ended up being longish. I'll make up for it by playing SFV badly and being destroyed next week if you're up for it, haha.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Played trials for the first time today. Got to 6 wins with 2 friends, then lost 3 games in a row. All of us are pretty average to decent at pvp though. I noticed a lot of sidearm/icebreaker/invective shenanigans. We even met 1 guy who was using thorn.

Got a full auto/third eye inward lamp from the gold bounty. Is that good?

It's an ok weapon. Fun to use if you like scouts. You may find it losing to the usual meta stuff consistently in pvp though. If it has stability perks it's a keeper!

WeTeHa

It's an ok weapon. Fun to use if you like scouts. You may find it losing to the usual meta stuff consistently in pvp though. If it has stability perks it's a keeper!

Thanks.
Yeah, it has 1 stability perk. Guess I'll try it out, see if I like it.

blazeuk

Good games Blaze and Wheel. That was a crazy amount of high level people we ran into.

Yeah thanks for jumping in and helping out, sorry that Trials run was so scrubby, had some weird things happen in a few of those games connection wise. As for running into high level people, for some reason that is my Trials experience in Y2, I never go a week without constantly running into multiple 2.0KD+ teams.

Deku Tree

Did Gene beat him again? Lol

What's detonation

I didn't see who it was, could have been gene but somebody rekt them 0-5 and then they stopped streaming.

What is genes twitch?

Detonation is MACMs clan of really high K/d Spanish speaking top 1% pvpers.

Why is the fucking lag so bad in this specific game. God damn.

I'm not really asking. Makes me feel better inside.

Well you see, when one connection falls in love with another, the birds and the bees come out to connect both using electric wires. Unfortunately the birds and the bees like to go across the world to connect these two loving connections. So if your connection was in, say, California, the birds and the bees will probably go over to Russia. Because the honey is better, or something. So the birds and the bees work together to frantically connect all the consoles together, and in doing so they cross wire and magical lag happens. When 2 connections have a lag, then their life becomes worse(But better!) as they have to take care of this lag, feed it, put it in diapers, and eventually the lag goes away. When the lag goes away, everyone is happy but by the time that happens the match ends and the connection loses the other, and everything burns down until you get another connection and repeat this wonderful process.

Merry Valentines day, everyone.

Top Bottom