• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WipedOut

If you need 1 let me know
Gotta find a 2nd first. Quiet night. Something about some silly commercial holiday going on.

image.jpg

Kalamari

So yeah. My arcade stick came in. Im ready to bang my head against the wall in Street Fighter V. :p

See you online, breh.

Don't become disheartened if you lose a lot, just know that the learning curve in fighting games is probably the steepest of any genre.

Also, anyone for Trials bounties? Or a super sweaty carry, got my lucky sweatpants on!

WipedOut

See you online, breh.

Don't become disheartened if you lose a lot, just know that the learning curve in fighting games is probably the steepest of any genre.

Also, anyone for Trials bounties? Or a super sweaty carry, got my lucky sweatpants on!
Come play with Jaf and I, at least get the bounties done.

EL CUCO

So they introduced the Freelance playlist, but it is extremely laggy. I'd rather play against a full party than have 2 or 3 red bars in every match.

Thnks but no thnks bungie

Frenden

Banned
I played some Battlefield 4 on the new 45hz servers and was hitting longrange sniper headshots on running targets while leading them and accounting for bullet drop. I forgot how amazing dedicated servers are.

Freelance has been redbar filled for me too. SBMM + dwindling playerbase = less likelihood of finding someone on your skill level close to you and with low lag, I'm sorry--latency.

Kyoufu

So they introduced the Freelance playlist, but it is extremely laggy. I'd rather play against a full party than have 2 or 3 red bars in every match.

Thnks but no thnks bungie

It's been perfect for me and that's all I've been playing since I semi-returned.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Edit: Found a partner for now.

Anyone want to suicide farm Crimson Doubles for a bit? I've been playing legit for hours each night and still no ghost; pretty frustrated at this point.

Just looking for a no-mic thing so I can watch TV while the matches pass by. I'm Semedi on PSN.

Jafku

Anyone want to suicide farm Crimson Doubles for a bit? I've been playing legit for hours each night and still no ghost; pretty frustrated at this point.

Just looking for a no-mic thing so I can watch TV while the matches pass by. I'm Semedi on PSN.

Have you played 7 legit matches? you get a 320 ghost on the 23rd bro

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Have you played 7 legit matches? you get a 320 ghost on the 23rd bro

Yeah I have - played a ton of legit matches. But, I'm a hoarder and want both shells. Frustrated that none have dropped for me all week, while watching them roll in for team mates.

SpecX

Yeah I have - played a ton of legit matches. But, I'm a hoarder and want both shells. Frustrated that none have dropped for me all week, while watching them roll in for team mates.
Feel your pain, no I got both shader and have yet to get a ghost. I'm not looking for a 320, just the ghost so I can check it off my hoarding list. I might be on in an hour if you're still looking.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Feel your pain, no I got both shader and have yet to get a ghost. I'm not looking for a 320, just the ghost so I can check it off my hoarding list. I might be on in an hour if you're still looking.

Cool, I'll update my post if I've found someone before then.

Yup. was playing with one of my kid friend, and he got the following in 3 consecutive matches: spare change,party crasher, 320 chocolate ghost. I got nothing

Highwind

Well you see, when one connection falls in love with another, the birds and the bees come out to connect both using electric wires. Unfortunately the birds and the bees like to go across the world to connect these two loving connections. So if your connection was in, say, California, the birds and the bees will probably go over to Russia. Because the honey is better, or something. So the birds and the bees work together to frantically connect all the consoles together, and in doing so they cross wire and magical lag happens. When 2 connections have a lag, then their life becomes worse(But better!) as they have to take care of this lag, feed it, put it in diapers, and eventually the lag goes away. When the lag goes away, everyone is happy but by the time that happens the match ends and the connection loses the other, and everything burns down until you get another connection and repeat this wonderful process.

Merry Valentines day, everyone.

This post...

and this

IT'S BECAUSE OF THAT LAG MATH

Don't jump off that map in another Crimson Suicide. We can talk about this. You suck because of the lag. Just say it. Tell everyone in this thread. "I suck". Become free from this game. Together we can transcend destiny. We will fight Bungie.

Just say it. "I suck". It's the lags fault! It always was! It always will be!

Are killing me. Thank you.

Taking a break from this game has done me some good when it has come to salt management. Nearly threw my controller the other day.

Nicodemic

I'm just missing a few handcannon kills in Crimson Doubles if anybody has the time.

In other news, I won the lottery and got a 312 crimson ghost shell. Let's hope I get a chocolate one from the guaranteed 320, apparently it's a 50/50 chance.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I'm just missing a few handcannon kills in Crimson Doubles if anybody has the time.

In other news, I won the lottery and got a 312 crimson ghost shell. Let's hope I get a chocolate one from the guaranteed 320, apparently it's a 50/50 chance.

I'll play some rounds to finish hand cannons off. Semedi on PSN.

So in order to get the Doctrine of Passing, does one have to win 9 times in a row?

Nope, just run Trials next week and try to get to 7 wins since Doctrine is the weapon drop next week. As long as you have at least 9 Passage Coins to buy all the boons that just means you'll have to win 5 games before losing 4. So basically go at least 5-3, as long as you win your first game. If you lose your first game then you'd have to go 6-2 after that because of how the boons work.

The other way to get a Doctrine is to get a 9-0 flawless card which actually means 7-1 assuming you have all three boons. There's a 25% chance that the weapon you get from the Mercury chest will be the Doctrine; it could also be the hand cannon, scout or pulse rifle.

Is this week's 7 win reward?

Rocket Launcher this week, Doctrine next week

SpecX

Nope, just run Trials next week and try to get to 7 wins since Doctrine is the weapon drop next week. As long as you have at least 9 Passage Coins to buy all the boons that just means you'll have to win 5 games before losing 4. So basically go at least 5-3, as long as you win your first game. If you lose your first game then you'd have to go 6-2 after that because of how the boons work.

The other way to get a Doctrine is to get a 9-0 flawless card which actually means 7-1 assuming you have all three boons. There's a 25% chance that the weapon you get from the Mercury chest will be the Doctrine; it could also be the hand cannon, scout or pulse rifle.

Interesting, thanks for this info. Can you run it multiple times per character or is it a 1 time chance till the next trials reset?

WipedOut

*cough* come out of retirement next week *cough*

Interesting, thanks for this info. Can you run it multiple times per character or is it a 1 time chance till the next trials reset?

You can run it as many times as you want per character. You only get the rewards once per character per week (armor piece at 5 wins, weapon at 7 wins, primary weapon between 310-320 Light from Mercury).

Of course if you don't have a big stockpile of Passage Coins then you'll run out pretty fast and your odds of hitting Mercury without any boons probably aren't great, haha.

SpecX

You can run it as many times as you want per character. You only get the rewards once per character per week (armor piece at 5 wins, weapon at 7 wins, primary weapon between 310-320 Light from Mercury).

Of course if you don't have a big stockpile of Passage Coins then you'll run out pretty fast and your odds of hitting Mercury without any boons probably aren't great, haha.
Cool, going to train in PvP all day tomorrow and throughout the week. Hopefully I can team up with a group without holding them back.

*cough* come out of retirement next week *cough*

Hmm yeah that's a definite possibility. It'll be a full 3 weeks by then, with another 2-3 weeks of very limited Trials-time before that. Frankly I'd be fucking depressed if I couldn't help people at least get the 7 win rewards, lol.

I need to do some Crimson Doubles either tonight or tomorrow before reset, so hopefully that can get me a little warmed up for PvP again.

SpecX

Hmm yeah that's a definite possibility. It'll be a full 3 weeks by then, with another 2-3 weeks of very limited Trials-time before that. Frankly I'd be fucking depressed if I couldn't help people at least get the 7 win rewards, lol.

I need to do some Crimson Doubles either tonight or tomorrow before reset, so hopefully that can get me a little warmed up for PvP again.
I could, um you know.....help you avoid that depression by joining you for a carry next week...

Top Bottom