• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

So, I have four objectives this week:

• My first Oryx HM kill. Yes, I've never killed him.
  • The usual three NF runs.
  • The achievement for the Salvage games. Annoying, I don't like Salvage.
  • FLAWLESS RAIDER TO BECOME A GUARDIAN LORD. I'm gonna need help with this one.

Hit me up later and i'll help you with Salvage, can also help with Glord

Auctopus

So, I have four objectives this week:

• My first Oryx HM kill. Yes, I've never killed him.
  • The usual three NF runs.
  • The achievement for the Salvage games. Annoying, I don't like Salvage.
  • FLAWLESS RAIDER TO BECOME A GUARDIAN LORD. I'm gonna need help with this one.

I'm down to try Flawless with you. Raid trophies are the only ones between me and Guardian Lordship.

Edit: Won't be free for about 10 hours though.

Acidote

I'm down to try Flawless with you. Raid trophies are the only ones between me and Guardian Lordship.

Edit: Won't be free for about 10 hours though.

Yeah, I've been at the office for a while now and I have a long shift today, so I won't be home for 7-8 hours either. We have the whole week ahead anyways.

Thanks everyone, I'll hit you guys up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is the most dead I've seen at reset. Time to put the HB and top tier weapons back. It was good while it lasted.

caesar

Banned
Noob here. Wow, hunter is easily the most fun class to play. Dat shadestep and double jump. The others feel so horrible to control in comparison. Like wtf is that floaty warlock jump

GutZ31

Noob here. Wow, hunter is easily the most fun class to play. Dat shadestep and double jump. The others feel so horrible to control in comparison. Like wtf is that floaty warlock jump

I don't know you, but I think I like you already.
Welcome to the Pro-Hunter Club.

Titans are pretty nice too if you get use to them.

caesar

Banned

Titans are so annoying how they run at you with shotguns/shoulder charge and do that stupid slam thing. -_-

Matt Frost

I been playing a long time and have the same feelings as well, shadestep is really fun to use, as well as fugacity, the weird but awesome jump that the bladedancer subclass uses, is fun to use as well. Try it. Both well used owns PvP. First one with a shotgun, the other with Last Word.

Warlock is a target practise on PvP (specially Osiris) with that jump lol, so wrong. So easy to kill... except the void one of course that works like fugacity.

Yep, Titans are cool too. Shoulder Charge is amazing. And Sunbreaker was fun to use until it lasted.

Titans are so cool how they run at you with shotguns/shoulder charge and do that lethal slam thing. :D

Fixed xD

maomaoIYP

This is the most dead I've seen at reset. Time to put the HB and top tier weapons back. It was good while it lasted.

I can't believe how dead it is. Just played a game of the daily. No one on my side was above 300 light. There was a couple on both sides that had below 60 light.
CbVJuDSUUAA2MyH.jpg:large

GutZ31

Titans are so annoying how they run at you with shotguns/shoulder charge and do that stupid slam thing. -_-

Sure, but it's also pretty fun to do. Could say the same about hunters being annoying about shade step, or warlocks being annoying because of storm trance lasting too damn long, but it really just comes down to how fun the character is to play for you.

As long as there is a way to counter each class, I am ok with a little bit of "abuse".
If you like shade step, you would love playing shoulder charge/twilight garrison titan.
It is stupid fun, and leads to some really high skill playability, as well as cheap kills lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
IB is next week so I'm always looking forward to that.

I guess I'll have to wait until people are up to do Nightfalls and such.

Wrong
The correct answer is:

Warlock >> Warlock >> Warlock

Im getting saltier at warlocks the more i watch krafty (and play trials). So much bullshit and undeserved wins at 1v1 because they know how to press L1. Its basically L1, one shot with any weapon=you are dead even if for the one shot he hits you hit all 4 and kill him.

Lnkn52

Im getting saltier at warlocks the more i watch krafty (and play trials). So much bullshit and undeserved wins at 1v1 because they know how to press L1. Its basically L1, one shot with any weapon=you are dead even if for the one shot he hits you hit all 4 and kill him.
And forget about going upclose and challenging with your melee. Lol

But if you take that away, you would literally neutered the Warlock.

caesar

Banned
Yeah ive only been playing for 2 months so my opinion isnt worth much, but sinsingers seem really powerful. So much armour and those grenades are hilarious, if one has the last word theyre absolute machines up close.

Matt Frost

Whats all this Hunter nonsense

CZ_xvT9WkAAjIcF.jpg

Come at me bro

xD 295... anytime :p

At that level a candy for my MIDA or Last Word, and then if you revive Ill be waiting with my Golden Gun, Arrow or even bladedancer.

:p

Warlocks are for beginners who need to revive

Dont forget the absurd granades that burn you or two fusion granades

Agreed. Hunter > Titan >>> Warlock

Agreed

caesar

Banned

At that level a candy for my MIDA or Last Word, and then if you revive Ill be waiting with my Golden Gun, Arrow or even bladedancer.

He has a thorn hence 295, I wouldn't go near him with a 40ft pole.

And forget about going upclose and challenging with your melee. Lol

But if you take that away, you would literally neutered the Warlock.

Mike-Ehrmantraut-Shakes-His-Head-Breaking-Bad.gif

Speaking of Krafty did you see him carrying Broman. I like Krafty a lot but was glad they got rekt as Broman is possibly the most annoying person in the world

Goth is equally as annoying but I can see why he's got so many followers. I can't for the life of me work out why Broman has so many

Matt Frost

He has a thorn hence 295, I wouldn't go near him with a 40ft pole.

Thorn? I seen them a lot lately, yeah, they only work with teammates, one shoots you with thorn the other finishes you with another weapon... outside of that... Last Word >>>>> Thorn

Matt Frost

Or Thorn destroys you in 3 shots.

Speaking of Last Word, I been playing with a extremely good player lately (1200.. something on the PvP raking) and recommended me a new LW configuration that kills a lot, a lot, compared to what I had before. Thing seemed absurd to me at first: less range, more impact. I thought... really, less range? But then started the slaughtering, and yes. Convinced forever.

Try it. First row, last circle. Third row, last circle. The other two missing rows only one option. That thing slays, even at a distance. Makes me wonder why they put that range since I can kill faster and at longer distances than before with full range. My hunter with fugacity and that slays now.

Been playing against Thorn (more now than a few weeks ago, is like is rising again) with that and no, sorry but no (once you get used to that green anoying effect on the screen of course)

Thorn? I seen them a lot lately, yeah, they only work with teammates, one shoots you with thorn the other finishes you with another weapon... outside of that... Last Word >>>>> Thorn

Don't forget that Thorn is used a lot by people like me - those not that good at PvP trying to use every advantage they can...and so you'll see quite a few assists.

TLW seems to be used by a lot of pros as a finisher for a snipe body shot or to stop a shotgun rusher. They always get kills.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thorn really does seem more OP than ever. I was wrecking whole teams with it a lot in Crimson. Wouldn't be able to do that with any other gun.

Acidote

And to think that I dismantled my Thorn and my Icebreaker thinking their days were long gone. Now I'll have to level them up again.

Matt Frost

Don't forget that Thorn is used a lot by people like me - those not that good at PvP trying to use every advantage they can...and so you'll see quite a few assists.

TLW seems to be used by a lot of pros as a finisher for a snipe body shot or to stop a shotgun rusher. They always get kills.

Agreed, is the main assist weapon now or so it seems. Seen a lot lately. For that, seems pretty effective.

And agreed, my pro buddy uses that method as well, sniper for a distance, TLW for close combat, finish wounded people fast, fugacity to surprise and trick people, move really well... I learned a lot from him.

Thorn really does seem more OP than ever. I was wrecking whole teams with it a lot in Crimson. Wouldn't be able to do that with any other gun.

You seem to be a really great PvP player, would like to play with you and learn a few things...

And to think that I dismantled my Thorn and my Icebreaker thinking their days were long gone. Now I'll have to level them up again.

Same here, and I really miss my Vision of Confluence now

I couldn't bring myself to shard any levelled/upgraded gun - I remember how long I spent levelling them!

I haven't been that fussed about year 2 guns, so I've only kept the ones I really want. Conversely I still have 52(ish) year 1 guns in the vault. Including all the PoE ones which were genuinely considered rubbish!

Hmm I wonder if the wolfs claw auto-rifle is any good now...

Does anyone know when the next Iron Banana is?

Not really playing Destiny much outside of that as Raiding isn't what it used to be and all the other drops are bad.

Gong

Speaking of Krafty did you see him carrying Broman. I like Krafty a lot but was glad they got rekt as Broman is possibly the most annoying person in the world

Goth is equally as annoying but I can see why he's got so many followers. I can't for the life of me work out why Broman has so many

I had to close the window of that stream, was appalling to watch. Kraftyy is a great streamer and carries so many folks and is so cool to watch, but listening to that utter bellend broman basically walk into kills (and complain about it), burp, talk utter shite and generally tilt the whole time was painful. He contributed nothing, and when you consider Kraftyy carries little Jademan (who is 8 years old ffs!) and he contributes to the games he plays, the contrast was staggering.

He's like something from that Mike Judge film Idiocracy, awful.

I had to close the window of that stream, was appalling to watch. Kraftyy is a great streamer and carries so many folks and is so cool to watch, but listening to that utter bellend broman basically walk into kills (and complain about it), burp, talk utter shite and generally tilt the whole time was painful. He contributed nothing, and when you consider Kraftyy carries little Jademan (who is 8 years old ffs!) and he contributes to the games he plays, the contrast was staggering.

He's like something from that Mike Judge film Idiocracy, awful.

Haha, perfect. You'd think he'd turn it in and make an effort for an hour

Top Bottom