• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Matt Frost

Yeah is annoying when people start complaining about things that are obvious, like Warlock punching distance, sunbreaker armor, TLW, fire damage, splash deaths from rocket launchers, and such things. Just deal with it. Like the other day, I was playing with someone who reported everyone who killed him for cheating. Those players think they are the best and the best and untouchable. They need to deal with it instead of complaining so much.

Always confuses me when people argue about which class is best.

At this point who doesn't have and use all three?

I have my main Warlock at 319 (Sunsinger, Firebolt, RAM wearing Last Word user)
Titan at 315 (Only have sunbreaker and Defender partially levelled)

I love my Sunsinger as it fits my playstyle perfectly. I find quite a few players that are happy sitting at range with their snipers get a little uncomfortable when they see a fire breathing Ram getting into Last Word / Melee range.

I watched the end of the Broman/Krafty stream, and it was pretty painful.

I don't know who the third was? Was that a random trying to get to the lighthouse or one of Broman's chums?

Just Broman constantly talking, doing callouts of his subs etc, and basically very visibly making no effort at all whilst Krafty was trying to focus and carry him to the LH.

A couple of times Broman did say he was trying really hard - but it really didn't sound like it. Compare and contrast to when he did the first KF hard mode run - he was much quieter and focussed and talking strats/tactics.

EDIT:-

Your profound dedication (during this time) to this game captivates me.

I guess people are aiming for rank 25 gunsmith to see if anything unlocks, like it does on the factions?

deadduck

Speaking of Krafty did you see him carrying Broman. I like Krafty a lot but was glad they got rekt as Broman is possibly the most annoying person in the world

Goth is equally as annoying but I can see why he's got so many followers. I can't for the life of me work out why Broman has so many

Dammit, missed Broman getting rekt, no idea why he is popular. Goth had a hes got a local radio voice, talk alot and is engaging.

Would like to play them in PvP. Took great delight in shooting the moreconsole guy the other day out of his Shadestep expolit.

Most of the big streamers do my nut in because they are talking about the stream/follows/sub's more than the game.

I know some of these guys just argue for kicks. Wouldn't take them seriously.
Pff watcha know about me? I am always super cereal!

Yeah is annoying when people start complaining about things that are obvious, like Warlock punching distance, sunbreaker armor, TLW, fire damage, splash deaths from rocket launchers, and such things. Just deal with it. Like the other day, I was playing with someone who reported everyone who killed him for cheating. Those players think they are the best and the best and untouchable. They need to deal with it instead of complaining so much.
True however there are always a few things that are broken such as in Modern Warfare 2 pre-patch akimbo 1887..I dont mind warlock melee, sunbreaker armor, TLW RoF. However the Titan melee was terrible in comparison, the tracking on the Sunbreaker's Super was cheap, the 111 glitch for TLW, final round on high impact SRs. You get the idea...

Destiny related, its IB this week? If so the exclusives PS4 gear can only drop post match correct?
Anyone?

Ji66a-Man

Can Undying Mind nightfall be cheesed to farm Fakebringer, or is that the other vex strike?

Nope, that's Echo Chamber. This week's modifiers make the strike especially annoying. Good luck farming this strike to get a god-roll Fakebringer like this one.
UEQEUXY.jpg

But certain things are bullshit, like burn grenades the way they are now.

WeTeHa

I watched the end of the Broman/Krafty stream, and it was pretty painful.

I don't know who the third was? Was that a random trying to get to the lighthouse or one of Broman's chums?

Just Broman constantly talking, doing callouts of his subs etc, and basically very visibly making no effort at all whilst Krafty was trying to focus and carry him to the LH.

Yeah I watched part of it as well. I really like watching Krafty, but I do not like Broman. I've never watched the guy before, only heard him occasionally when I watch Goths stream (which does not happen often), but he seemed like a condescending jerk in Kraftys stream.
When he got that message that he should kill himself and he was like "oh look at me, let me look at my amazing life and my beautiful fiancee and blablabla and then just kill my self because you said so blabla".
I mean, it's okay to make fun of messages like that, but just the way he said that stuff made him seem like a huge ass to me. Won't be watching again.
Also, I do not get this whole "yeeeah thanks for the sub, welcome to XXX-nation/country/whatever, you are the best person ever, I love your face"-bullshit with notifications popping up all over the stream and a 10 second soundclip blasting for every donation. That's just terrible.

Btw, thanks to everyone for the raid/nightfalls. I'm up for more raiding with my titan (and maybe with my warlock :p) today.

Yeah I watched part of it as well. I really like watching Krafty, but I do not like Broman. I've never watched the guy before, only heard him occasionally when I watch Goths stream (which does not happen often), but he seemed like a condescending jerk in Kraftys stream.
When he got that message that he should kill himself and he was like "oh look at me, let me look at my amazing life and my beautiful fiancee and blablabla and then just kill my self because you said so blabla".
I mean, it's okay to make fun of messages like that, but just the way he said that stuff made him seem like a huge ass to me. Won't be watching again.
Also, I do not get this whole "yeeeah thanks for the sub, welcome to XXX-nation/country/whatever, you are the best person ever, I love your face"-bullshit with notifications popping up all over the stream and a 10 second soundclip blasting for every donation. That's just terrible.

Btw, thanks to everyone for the raid/nightfalls. I'm up for more raiding with my titan (and maybe with my warlock :p) today.
That's why krafty is so great because while we does have sub notifications and callouts, he doesn't make a big deal about and just says thank you to that person and that's it. He's always so chill to which amazes me because I can't imagine how frustrating it can get doing double carries sometimes. But he's just always chill and having fun and he's fun to watch. Yesterday when I was watching him he used his blade dancer, swiped towards a Titan then swiped back to get the Titan to waste his smash, then did the razors edge thing, it amazes me how people even thing to do that and he does it so smoothly.

Deku Tree

Nope, that's Echo Chamber. This week's modifiers make the strike especially annoying. Good luck farming this strike to get a god-roll Fakebringer like this one.
UEQEUXY.jpg

We tried the ToM strat but couldn't quite get the positioning down so we just did it normally. Solar burn makes it a lot tougher.

http://youtu.be/0j28LQAfr24

I think Undying mind can be done really quickly with different modifiers. Solar Burn makes it particularly annoying with the ToM strategy.

That's why krafty is so great because while we does have sub notifications and callouts, he doesn't make a big deal about and just says thank you to that person and that's it. He's always so chill to which amazes me because I can't imagine how frustrating it can get doing double carries sometimes. But he's just always chill and having fun and he's fun to watch. Yesterday when I was watching him he used his blade dancer, swiped towards a Titan then swiped back to get the Titan to waste his smash, then did the razors edge thing, it amazes me how people even thing to do that and he does it so smoothly.

He is a machine - I can't think of any other way to describe him - he just sits there for hours a day, every weekend, doing double carries for ever.

The *only* thing I don't like is when he comments on how "disgusting" he is and sad/lonely etc. He always sounds like he means it slightly more than just a jokey defense mechanism...which is a shame for him.

E92 M3

He is a machine - I can't think of any other way to describe him - he just sits there for hours a day, every weekend, doing double carries for ever.

The *only* thing I don't like is when he comments on how "disgusting" he is and sad/lonely etc. He always sounds like he means it slightly more than just a jokey defense mechanism...which is a shame for him.

When you're constantly make self-deprecating jokes it makes it harder for others to bring you down. Actually keeps the chat very clean lol.

The fact that class items don't change with shaders continues to *really* bum me out.

LLShC.gif

There are a lot of strike specific class items that would look horrible if they changed with shaders, like Taniks cloak, Flayer mantles, etc.

Put on that shattered vault cloak if you want a class item that changes color with shaders :p

The fact that class items don't change with shaders continues to *really* bum me out.

LLShC.gif

You and me both! Definitely one of the most disappointing things since TTK launched. Fashion-DGAF has never been the same.

I can't think of any reason why they would not enable shaders on class items except to force people to eqiup different class items. The thing is, most of the class items don't match with every shader, they are very specific (looking at you, disgusting Seahawks colors hunter crucible cloaks).

Lnkn52

There are a lot of strike specific class items that would look horrible if they changed with shaders, like Taniks cloak, Flayer mantles, etc.

Put on that shattered vault cloak if you want a class item that changes color with shaders :p

LLShC.gif

Yeah, I would understand why some class items wouldn't change shades, especially the Flayers Cloaks. If they did, there wouldn't be any reason to grind all three.

If only there were a way for Bungie to toggle which class items change and which don't!

Oh well. I guess the technology's not there yet.

When the match starts with red and yellow bars, you know it won't be a good one.

When you check profiles and players are from a continent and an ocean away, you have to wonder if playing the game in this state is worth it. It is pure aggravation.

Honestly, in a play mode this fast-paced and precision-based, connection has to be the primary foundation of matchmaking. I would happily wait longer and risk getting matched against better opponents than deal with this much latency in every match.

My casual PVP play of Destiny might be over. I'll jump in when I have a couple of hours or a DGAF fireteam but just playing here and there is not worth it.

Out of interest is there a way of getting this on the PS4, have you guys seen it in the wild?

CDAI_wIW0AAGrPy.png:large

Wondering if you could have both the necessary XBL and PSN accounts on the same B.Net login.

WipedOut

He's at the beginning of the strike right now. How are they doing it?

Also, anyone got the Oryx or Daughters cp?

Supposedly going all the way to the left, standing on a ledge, killing all hobgoblins and goblins, all 3 blights then killing the yellow bar centurion..

Edit: I didn't catch that last method but looks faster whatever they did.

NF's tonight?

LTWood12

Supposedly going all the way to the left, standing on a ledge, killing all hobgoblins and goblins, all 3 blights then killing the yellow bar centurion..

NF's tonight?

It's challenge mode night for me, but I'll probably do it a number of times this week. I've got a Underdog/Firefly Imago Loop. It's good, but it's no Fakebringer.

psylah

About an Exotic Arc Blade quest:

I got the start of the quest (PVP kills + Major Kills) on my warlock, but I would rather do the quest on my Titan. If I drop the quest on my warlock, will it show up on the Dropped Quest bulletin board in the tower?

Out of interest is there a way of getting this on the PS4, have you guys seen it in the wild?

CDAI_wIW0AAGrPy.png:large

Wondering if you could have both the necessary XBL and PSN accounts on the same B.Net login.

Ji66a has it on PS4, you have to be a bungie.net user for 10 years I think.

oh man, that is silly easy, going to have to farm for a fakebringer

Yeah the final room strat is so easy that way. The boss doesn't even shoot back.

I really like how they are using the TG to move around the map.

Yup, titan master skate race :p

He's at the beginning of the strike right now. How are they doing it?

First two parts are the same, kill blights + centurion from cheese ledge and run through, then jump around the big stairs and raze light the wizards, wipe at boss.

Final room - clear initial adds before boss spawn, weapons bubble at the very back of the room and snipe that fool.

Gonna beg Drizzay for another Trials carry for Doctrine this week. :3

Get in line :p

About an Exotic Arc Blade quest:

I got the start of the quest (PVP kills + Major Kills) on my warlock, but I would rather do the quest on my Titan. If I drop the quest on my warlock, will it show up on the Dropped Quest bulletin board in the tower?

No, the quest kiosk is character specific.

E92 M3

Ji66a has it on PS4, you have to a bungie.net user for 10 years I think.

Yeah the final room strat is so easy that way. The boss doesn't even shoot back.

Yup, titan master skate race :p

First two parts are the same, kill blights + centurion from cheese ledge and run through, then jump around the big stairs and raze light the wizards, wipe at boss.

Final room - clear initial adds before boss spawn, weapons bubble at the very back of the room and snipe that fool.

Get in line :p

No, the quest kiosk is character specific.

Mythic member on the old forums. There was an emblem for Heroic, Legendary and Mythic. Back when Bungie forums were cool and moderated lol.

Top Bottom