• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

It makes me wish that Destiny's loot was more varied. Just go balls to the walls crazy. Even Halo weapons were more unique! What the hell happened Bungie. Mythoclast and TLW were great. Everything else is shit. I guess Sleeper Stimulant is ok. Could be better. Fuck the low ammo count on that.

Deku Tree

It makes me wish that Destiny's loot was more varied. Just go balls to the walls crazy. Even Halo weapons were more unique! What the hell happened Bungie. Mythoclast and TLW were great. Everything else is shit. I guess Sleeper Stimulant is ok. Could be better. Fuck the low ammo count on that.

ToM is the most unique weapon in a FPS in years.

Swords requiring ammo is dumb tho. It's like that one stupid game where you had to reload your knife. Something rain or something.

It's like if you were playing Metal Gear Rising and had to reload your sword. I refuse to get the exotic swords not just because of the ridiculous grind, but because they're just ridiculous.

They should have made the blades permanent, but add the fancy void/arc/sol flare to the sword if you had ammo.

Then make the swords do half damage (or whatever hilt damage is) when the ammo is empty.

Just a simple visual cue to let you know that your sword is not currently in badass mode.

WipedOut

Sleeper Simulant, Swords and Zhalo were good examples of decent exotics. They pale in comparison to Pre-Patch Vex, Suros. Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker.

Alright guys, who's up for HM KF raid? Will be fresh unless we can find a cp.
I'm thinking 9pm est.

Pandora012
Beagles329
NCR Redslayer
Dreamgazer - Up to Oryx
milkham

Ps. I'm a bit rusty, as I haven't played in a bit.

Another bump.....

Edit: One more person!

psylah

Pocket infinity was my fav before they made special ammo rarer in PVP. It was a firehose on full blast, barely controllable.

DrLupo is super cool. Just talked about Destiny at work. Work has become fun again.

He's playing with Ninja and Ramblinnn (the guy who went 1v3, 26-0 on Blind Watch) on an XB1 tourney this weekend.

Shiv47

I don't think you can play this game regularly and *not* get every single Exotic. For starters, they are all eventually sold by Xur - excepting those which are the reward for trivially easy guaranteed quests. For another, mechanisms like 3oC and Raid chests and NF rewards etc basically mean you'll get everything in weeks or a few months.

I wish this were true. I've been using 3oC and all the other options since TTK launched, and still haven't had a Jade Rabbit, Red Death, and a couple armor pieces drop. It would be nice if they geared it to whatever you're missing like the legacy engrams.

GRIP

I wish this were true. I've been using 3oC and all the other options since TTK launched, and still haven't had a Jade Rabbit, Red Death, and a couple armor pieces drop. It would be nice if they geared it to whatever you're missing like the legacy engrams.

Yeah, I still don't have Jade Rabbit and I've had dozens of primary exotic engrams drop for me since TTK came out. Pretty sure I have everything else non quest related, but that thing just won't drop for me.

Sleeper Simulant, Swords and Zhalo were good examples of decent exotics. They pale in comparison to Pre-Patch Vex, Suros. Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker.

I remember point out how bad the Exotics of TTK looked when so many of them have are based around returning ammo to the player in some fashion.

Off the top of my head:

Bad Juju
No Time to Explain
Black Spindle
Touch of Malice
Invective
IceBreaker
Dreg's Promise
Super Good Advice

All of these have a component of mitigating ammo consumption.

How uninspired is that?

I would lose my goddamn mind if they hired Insomniac to design exotic weapons.
http://resistance.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_3_Weapons

Who designed the weapons from Turok? Lets get that guy/chick.

I still don't have the 4th horsemen. Took me an entire year to get the VoG sniper. Of coarse TTK made it useless a month later.

Oooh that's another fun weapon. I'd put that up there on the pantheon. AND THEN THEY HAD TO NERF SHOTGUNS EVEN FURTHER WITH TTK. BECAUSE FUCK FUN WEAPONS AND FUCK THE END-USER EXPERIENCE.

Fuck. I know i'll be back for whatever update they put out next, but this game really makes me disappointed sometimes.

Wait. The Mass Effect writer that everyone was so excited about joining Bungie was lead writer of Halo 4?

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

I'm out.

Too much salt for me this morning. Reaching heart attack levels.

LTWood12

Lord of wolves is my favorite exotic in the game.

Lord of Wolves was incredible prior to 2.0. Bring it back and reset shotguns to pre-2.0 PvE damage.

Wait. The Mass Effect writer that everyone was so excited about joining Bungie was lead writer of Halo 4?

I'm out.

Maybe we'll get terminals in the story! Destiny Waypoint!

phen0m24

DrLupo is super cool. Just talked about Destiny at work. Work has become fun again.

He's playing with Ninja and Ramblinnn (the guy who went 1v3, 26-0 on Blind Watch) on an XB1 tourney this weekend.

Oh man that's awesome. So good! My one buddy plays CoD and that's about it. :( Maybe he'll do carries with you X :)

I'm out.

I definitely wasn't excited for it. Bioware stories can be trashy. I can't wait to choose between 3 colored engram at the end of Destiny 2.

ocean

Banned

I think he's the only somewhat famous streamer playing Destiny on a KB/M setup though. Not that he isn't skilled, but I don't think that's fair at all.

Oh man that's awesome. So good! My one buddy plays CoD and that's about it. :( Maybe he'll do carries with you X :)

Haha yea he said he's down to play. It's exciting to know someone who plays the same game at work that's also a down to earth guy. And we both work in the same department, sort of.

I think he's the only somewhat famous streamer playing Destiny on a KB/M setup though. Not that he isn't skilled, but I don't think that's fair at all.

Oh that's right, I forgot about that. I remember someone from here talking about it during the last tourney.

I failed the spindle mission for 3 to 4 solid hours the first week. Teasing_Pink carried me and T-44 to victory on 10/1.

Same here. At least one DGAFer rage quit on me and FyreWulf I think.

I'm not playing with that person again. They don't really post here like that anyway.

Magik

Good lord Shadestep needs to be reworked. Had a rumble match with 5 other Hunters who all Shadestep'd at any sign of engagement. And on top of that, they even have invincibility frames.

Good lord Shadestep needs to be reworked. Had a rumble match with 5 other Hunters who all Shadestep'd at any sign of engagement. And on top of that, they even have invincibility frames.

The invincibility frames really need to be looked at.

It sucks that any kind of DoT basically gets a 15% damage reduction when applied to nightstalkers.

I've watched his stream for awhile and he seems like a nice guy but the KB/M thing is weird. Also, I was watching last weekend when he pulled off his own 1v3 Trials match but it was kinda lame imo. After he won he was just like "I bet those kids are super sad!" as if it was a good thing. I guess it's good for building a stream but seems like a waste of player skill when there are so many people always looking for Trials help. Of course everyone gets to decide what to do with their time and he does help w carries but that stuff still rubs me the wrong way.

Nice, you guys are up to OT39! Keeping the faith alive.

Howdy Rene! Most days we're powered by 90% salt and 10% faith but the ratio is bound to improve eventually. Probably. Maybe. Anyway, hope you are doing well!

But everyone loves Dark Souls! Kappa

Magik

The invincibility frames really need to be looked at.

It sucks that any kind of DoT basically gets a 15% damage reduction when applied to nightstalkers.

It always boggles my mind how Bungie comes up with these ideas but never really put any thought into how they actually work and effect real world settings.

Shadestep with their invincibility frames and Viking Funeral for Sunsinger come into mind.

Kyoufu

Destiny may not be a loot game in the sense that Diablo is a loot game, but that doesn't mean Bungie should be excused for their poor attempts at featuring loot in their game. Let's not forget that this game could be improved.

(this is mainly directed at Ocean's post) :p

I've watched his stream for awhile and he seems like a nice guy but the KB/M thing is weird. Also, I was watching last weekend when he pulled off his own 1v3 Trials match but it was kinda lame imo. After he won he was just like "I bet those kids are super sad!" as if it was a good thing. I guess it's good for building a stream but seems like a waste of player skill when there are so many people always looking for Trials help. Of course everyone gets to decide what to do with their time and he does help w carries but that stuff still rubs me the wrong way.

Howdy Rene! Most days we're powered by 90% salt and 10% faith but the ratio is bound to improve eventually. Probably. Maybe. Anyway, hope you are doing well!

But everyone loves Dark Souls! Kappa

I don't like those statements either but I've heard most streamers make at least a comment that can be taken the wrong way like that. I do miss when Nghtly wasn't super popular and was super chill with awesome music.

Top Bottom