• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WipedOut

H O U R S

I think I spent more hours waiting for that Warsat than I have actual amount played with that gun.
Xbox I got the warsat in buried city first try. PS4, spent around 6 hours waiting for that damn thing.

EDIT: Top of the page Ma!

65219857.jpg

Luke Smith said they wanted it to be a loot game. That's why ghost shells and class items now are itemized. That's why artifacts were introduced.

But it's not. The drop rate is abysmal and the itemization and skill trees are so tiny as to defeat any notion of builds.

It's a reward game. As in sometimes you get rewarded sometimes you get jack shit.

A loot game would actually suggest you get actual loot.

Destiny has changed from a loot game to a reward/quest game. Diablo is a perfect example of what a loot game should be.

It is but it's not a very good one. I haven't seen a legendary weapon engram drop in a long time. Plenty of armour engrams are dropping though.

Your best bet is to buy them with marks from vendors.
Everytime I play Diablo 3 I sort through my drops marveling at the variety of perks and possibilities.

To me this is a fundamental problem with Destiny.

With the Taken King, Bungie moved into the quest/reward style of game and didn't keep the content coming (except with artificial timegates).

It means that right now you really only play for the gameplay loop. And without sufficient incentive, it is getting really hard to play anymore.

I wish they recognized this and dramatically increased the drop rates. Crucible weapons should drop like they did in House of Wolves. Why not have a legendary guaranteed at the completion of every Heroic strikes?

What harm would come to the game?

Beagles329

Neo Member
It's a reward game. As in sometimes you get rewarded sometimes you get jack shit.
...like when you get a fucking sparrow tool kit and 2 strange coins for a NF reward?

I would've much rather have received a crap weapon that I could've broken down for weapon parts and glimmer.

Deku Tree

I got one 320 Titan helmet from Oryx before CM. Then I got a 320 Warlock helmet and a 320 Hunter helmet from the first Oryx CM. Since then I have gotten no more 320 helmets. Only primaries.

Alright guys, who's up for HM KF raid? Will be fresh unless we can find a cp.
I'm thinking 9pm est.

Pandora012
Beagles329
NCR Redslayer

Ps. I'm a bit rusty, as I haven't played in a bit.

Does Light level on weapons even matter in Trials/IB? Does a sniper rifle do noticeably less damage at say, 280 Light than 320 Light?

I haven't noticed on weapons. I do notice when I am 10 LL higher than someone I do...wait for it...1 EXTRA POINT OF DAMAGE PER SHOT BABY!

Oh God.

I just realized that since we're not getting a sequel this year, we're likely just getting Year 2 all over again next year.

A sequel would have given Bungie a chance to reboot things. And there's a lot that doesn't need to be tweaked, it needs to be rebooted.

Another year of Light level grinding. Another year of Armor taking forever to level. Another year of shitty Nightfalls. Another year of raid drops that suuuuuuuuuck. Another year of SBMM. Another year with Microtransaction driven events.

Year 2, in retrospect, has been one step forward, two steps back. I think Bungie has way more to fix in the next expansion than they did with Taken King.

Kyoufu

Oh God.

I just realized that since we're not getting a sequel this year, we're likely just getting Year 2 all over again next year.

A sequel would have given Bungie a chance to reboot things. And there's a lot that doesn't need to be tweaked, it needs to be rebooted.

Another year of Light level grinding. Another year of Armor taking forever to level. Another year of shitty Nightfalls. Another year of raid drops that suuuuuuuuuck. Another year of SBMM. Another year with Microtransaction driven events.

Year 2, in retrospect, has been one step forward, two steps back. I think Bungie has way more to fix in the next expansion than they did with Taken King.

Another year of crap raid loot would leave a giant "Bloodborne" on my heat map.

Number45

For some reason I did the SS quest twice. Still can't work out why I bothered to do this.

Also, for those stuck with the horrible PvP section of The Chaperone quest... wait for SRL to roll back around and you'll have it in no time.

Oh God.

This is the time when you should be drinking that bourbon, not during the raid you lush :)

Do you have Shaxx bounties unlocked?

Magik

What's so sad is that almost all of the things you just have listed could be fixed right away yet we all know that it'll probably take the course of another year to fix them.

Oh God.

There were significant changes made from Year 1 to Year 2 / The Taken King. No reason to think there won't be significant changes from Year 2 to Year 3 / New Expansion. Whether they will be declared as flawed changes over time is TBD. For the love of god please bring back the re-rolling Gunsmith option for current year legendary weapons.

Kyoufu

Perfect Balance vs Snapshot

Which one would you take on a sniper rifle? I feel like I should just buy the vendor Antinomy XVI for Snapshot.

E92 M3

Oh God.

There is a chance that the Fall expansion will have some new ideas and changes implemented.

There is a chance that the Fall expansion will have some new ideas and changes implemented.

Most of the things I listed, Bungie could fix now if they thought it was a problem. Best case scenario is that they think they're problems, but they don't care about the live game and are all "we'll fix it in fall".

This is the time when you should be drinking that bourbon, not during the raid you lush :)

Do you have Shaxx bounties unlocked?

It's 10:30 in the morning, Ape! Too early for Bourbon, but just in time for a high sodium breakfast!

Also, as you can attest, I save my salt for the thread, that way I don't get salty or rant while playing.

And yep, I have the Ghost bounties unlocked. ;)

I bought three Cocytus SR4. Hoping for a god roll someday.

I got one from from the Gunsmith with Triple Tap, Rifled Barrel (gave it maxed out range), and Firefly. It is the same specs as Gheleon's Demise but missing the important Outlaw perk.

It's alright but feels a bit sluggish to me.

LTWood12

If Unstable was still alive he'd have some strong feelings about this: https://thesaltofosiris.wordpress.com

This especially sticks out to me
You’re actually never getting stronger in Destiny. A Fallen Vandal in the Cosmodrome will always take two headshots with a primary. It doesn’t matter if you’re level 4, 40, or light level 320, that Vandal will always take two headshots. Experience and Light levels? Completely superficial, and as a result, gear is too.

So true. You never really feel more powerful. Doing the nightfall as a 320 is no easier than doing it as a 290.

E92 M3

Most of the things I listed, Bungie could fix now if they thought it was a problem. Best case scenario is that they think they're problems, but they don't care about the live game and are all "we'll fix it in fall".

Yeah, at this point we just need a fresh reboot and that won't happen for a while.

Deku Tree

Doing the nightfall as a 320 is no easier than doing it as a 290.

NF is easy anyway.

Doing Oryx HM as a 320 is a lot easier than doing it as a 310. Doing Atheon as a 300+ is a lot easier than doing it as a Forever29. Doing Scrota as a 300+ is ridiculously easy compared to doing it as a level 32.

EDIT: a 320 Cocytus SR4 can one precision shot kill a hive thrall in KF HM.

LTWood12

NF is easy anyway.

Doing Oryx HM as a 320 is a lot easier than doing it as a 310. Doing Atheon as a 300+ is a lot easier than doing it as a Forever29. Doing Scrota as a 300+ is ridiculously easy compared to doing it as a level 32.

But that's the thing. All that really matters is reaching the artificial light level gate of the activity. Once you get there there's no additional progression w/ regard to that activity.

Deku Tree

But that's the thing. All that really matters is reaching the artificial light level gate of the activity. Once you get there there's no additional progression w/ regard to that activity.

And I think that's a good thing. No point in even playing if it's just going to be ultra god mode.

NF is easy anyway.

That's the thing. The entire end game is centered on increasing your light, but increasing your light does not change how you play.

I will despair if the light system isn't completely redone for Year 3. It is a huge problem.

Deku Tree

That's the thing. The entire end game is centered on increasing your light, but increasing your light does not change how you play.

I will despair if the light system isn't completely redone for Year 3. It is a huge problem.

Nah I disagree... if your 319+ light level you can afford to run KF HM using only Ace of Spades for fun. If your 310 that's not an option. It can change how you play, if you want to change.

E92 M3

And I think that's a good thing. No point in even playing if it's just going to be ultra god mode.

I stopped playing because Destiny went from feeling badass with broken weapons to making everyone average and "efficient enough." There is nothing inherently fun to being "efficient enough" in a game that sells people on becoming a legend. Year 1 had some fantastic weapons that people CRAVED to have. Year 2 has nothing of that sort. If Bungie continues with their philosophy of making boring weapons and nerfing PVE guns like the shottie, I will never return.

Makes me very sad to utter those words. Destiny PVE (ideally) should be like Diablo with loot coming out of every orifice of the game.

It's 10:30 in the morning, Ape! Too early for Bourbon, but just in time for a high sodium breakfast!

Also, as you can attest, I save my salt for the thread, that way I don't get salty or rant while playing.

And yep, I have the Ghost bounties unlocked. ;)

If you want to get some practice in before trials this week let me know. We can work on Ghost Bounties together. Maybe we'll let LT in. Maybe.

Why are you always shaming us whiskey drinkers? :p

Hahah. I love whiskey. I actually got a chance to try some Pappy Van Winkle recently!

LTWood12

280 light level NF, Atheon, Crota, Court of Oryx Tier 3, 240 light level daily stories are already god mode.

Completely disagree w/ the bolded ones. Go do the Warsat on SABER without a bubble w/ any of the shitty modifiers added. And as far as dailies, look at how hard the black spindle mission is. It's 240. Many of us were closing in on 300 the first time it came around and banged our heads against it for hours.

edit: I love the challenge of the Spindle mission, but the point i'm making is that light level is really fucking obtuse.

Top Bottom