• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SpecX

okay... I'm practicing my hand cannon skills in the crucible, because I'm even worse with them than any other weapon...

but goddamn, I'm not getting any better :D

Looks like I'm never completing the chaperone and first curse quests :S

I'm with you on the Chaperone quest. I can't get past 30% or so and should have just equipped TLW while running SRL laps. RL friend who sucks at PvP got his this way, the one exotic weapon he can hold over my head as having and I don't :(

Edit: Page topper!

0.jpg

I'm with you on the Chaperone quest. I can't get past 30% or so and should have just equipped TLW while running SRL laps. RL friend who sucks at PvP got his this way, the one exotic weapon he can hold over my head as having and I don't :(

you can always wait till you get your super with a roaming super, equip it, then pop super and go on a kill streak, then take it off

works well with heavy machine gun if you don't want to get it legit

edit: Um, yea! Doctrine is awesome

especially my adept version with counter balance

Managed to get in a low skill Rumble lobby where I'm up by 1k at the end. I usually start suiciding off the cliff and letting people kill me so I do not get kicked from this group for beasting too hard.

Always only do it when I have my super for an easy kill.

Got my 5 rumble wins for the day, sitting at 85 wins out of 100.

SpecX

you can always wait till you get your super with a roaming super, equip it, then pop super and go on a kill streak, then take it off

works well with heavy machine gun if you don't want to get it legit

edit: Um, yea! Doctrine is awesome

especially my adept version with counter balance

Hmm, I didn't think about the roaming super to get the kills/percentage. I thought the heavy machine gun method got patched? I'm definitely giving this a shot once I finish the crucible bounty quest.

NastyBook

HM KF raid 9 PM EST
Starting from Daughters, followed by Oryx CM + multiple if needed.

Confirmed:
Beagles329
NCR Redslayer
Dreamgazer - Up to Oryx if not 310 by then.

Waiting for Response:
Pandora012
milkham
lightsaberut

Backups:
Nicodemic
PSN: GibbShift
Need those Oryx multiples. Missed out on Wiped's run.

HM KF raid 9 PM EST
Starting from Daughters, followed by Oryx CM + multiple if needed.

Confirmed:
Beagles329
NCR Redslayer
Dreamgazer - Up to Oryx if not 310 by then.
Pandora012

Waiting for Response:
milkham
lightsaberut

Backups:
Nicodemic
Kaiken
Nastybook (GibbShift)

If the backup list grows too large, I'll start another group tomorrow for Oryx HM CM

Hmm, I didn't think about the roaming super to get the kills/percentage. I thought the heavy machine gun method got patched? I'm definitely giving this a shot once I finish the crucible bounty quest.

it's possible it was, but if the roaming super thing works I would think the machine gun thing works as well

you get bonus percentage for getting medals and streaks

Deku Tree

I never claimed it was Trials; it says Salvage in the picture. I'm just showing that all the 'X beat Y once' posts can be turned on their head. It was just a random game.

Yeah I wasn't saying that you claimed it was trials. I misunderstood your picture at first, didn't look at it close enough, and that's why I mentioned Trials.

I don't really understand the difference between destinytracker elo and guardian.gg elo. And I don't know if destiny tracker elo is all of crucible or if it is separate for each game type.

Anyway nice game! Seems like the SBMM causes a team like the one you had to match up against Gene's team or MACM's Detonation squad more often than not.

Probably already posted, but this pulse rifle analysis is fascinating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...e_rifles_range_is_better_than_stability_gifs/

Basically always spec for range on pulse rifles over stability.

This is really getting old with certain stats working in ways that make no sense according to their name.

Why is Range actually Velocity on a Fusion Rifle?

Why is Range actually Spread on a Pulse Rifle?

Why is Range actually Aim Assist on a Sniper Rifle?

What the fuck is going on here?

WeTeHa

when using the last word, from close range to mid-close range. hip fire. until you're good at placing your reticle, try tapping the fire button instead of hold for full auto

from mid-close range to mid-range, you really want to ADS that gun

the gun has one of the best time to kills in the whole game. it's definitely worth getting good with.

if you need headshot kills with imprecation, body shot with the 1kys, then finishing with a headshot from your HC works very well. would be easier to do this on your blade dancer

thanks for the tips! just played a match using your advice and got 22 kills with a 2.2 k/d :O (which is pretty damn good for me)

Homeboyd

Omnigul is such a troll, unless you are Wipedout.
So glad GAF is seeing what I've been saying about Wiped since Destiny came out. Between him and Trance, there was barely anything left to go around.

Wipedout aka "Mr. I Get Things" or "Mr. Steal-Yo-Loot"

thanks for the tips! just played a match using your advice and got 22 kills with a 2.2 k/d :O (which is pretty damn good for me)

lol nice!

I actually love TLW but it does have a steep learning curve. there's nothing like someone trying to push you with a shotgun and you just shake your head "no" with your TLW

LTWood12

This is really getting old with certain stats working in ways that make no sense according to their name.

#saltofosiris

zrgkrcq.jpg

Unstable said:
Seriously, how do you parse this? I’ve put an ungodly amount of hours into Destiny, and I have absolutely no fucking clue. How the hell do you quantify this? What are the stats relative to? The class of the weapon? It’s completely unintelligible. Stats aren’t comparable between weapon types, so how do you judge if an Auto Rifle is better than your Pulse or Hand Cannon? You don’t. Not to mention, attack rating is completely meaningless. There’s simply no internal logic. We all know that half baked features are nothing new in Destiny, that being said, I simply can’t see where any thread once existed. Currently weapon stats are so incoherent that I can only assume they are designed to be intentionally void of information.

Namikaze1

I've seen just 4 purple drops so far.

3 are just engrams

1 is the bond

Edit: a third grasp just dropped.

Not for me.

Insert all the anime girls crying gifs here.

LTWood12

What do they say about the Messenger?

Applies to all pulse rifles. Basically stability makes it easier to line up shots, but has no effect on the grouping of the burst. Game weights the first shot of the burst and depending on the range basically does or doesn't apply rounds 2 & 3 to the same spot. Lower range gives you phantom bullets like hand cannons.

Yeah I read that thread. But when I max stability Ina pulse rifle, it doesn't kick like mad. It also resets to the original firing position quicker, which is exactly what the description for "stability" says.

It's hilarious

Range on a Hand Cannon is accuracy
Range on an Auto Rifle is damage drop off
Range on a shotgun is how far it shoots(Actually follows range)

BUNGIE
U
N
G
I
E

WipedOut

My edit tho.

But yeah, prob Trance. Wiped just gets stuff all day long. Trance will literally siphon shit out of your inventory.

I'm just glad me getting things has brought you to Post again in DGAF. Call me what you want but Welcome back HomeyB

But yeah, I'm having one of those classic Wipe/Trance resets.

1. NF - 2/3 exotics (3rd drop was a 309 Heavy)
2. Zhalo from Oryx
3. God Roll Imago Loop (Got two others to drop with shit perks)
4. Amazing roll on Grasp (Which I got 4 to drop, oh and an Omnigul Bond)
5. Still have one more Oryx to go, what will I get?
6. x3 VoG need to be done
7. x3 CE need to be done
8. Oh and Trials - My counterbalance Doctrine is waiting

Namikaze1

Me:
4 legendary engrams
1 sublime engram
1 bond
0 grasp

Vaal:
1 grasp

Jakfu:
2 grasps

Don't know how many legendary engrams for them.

Slayerage is so extreme in his grinds man. He's at 336 Undying Mind kills and what i assume 0 Fakebringer (imago with the right perks) drops (i hope he would stop if one dropped).

LTWood12

Yeah I read that thread. But when I max stability Ina pulse rifle, it doesn't kick like mad. It also resets to the original firing position quicker, which is exactly what the description for "stability" says.

Sure. Basically what this is teaching is that the wall test is useless on a pulse rifle. It's a hitscan weapon, and it's scanning on an enemy based on the initial round of the burst. Higher range means the entire burst is going to hit on target. So if you're able to realign your bursts, the gun has high aim assist, or both; then prioritizing range is going to hit shots more reliably.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I've seen just 4 purple drops so far.

3 are just engrams

1 is the bond

Edit: a third grasp just dropped.

Not for me.

Insert all the anime girls crying gifs here.

Welcome to Grasp farming. Enjoy your stay.

Took me a week O_O

Slayerage is so extreme in his grinds man. He's at 336 Undying Mind kills and what i assume 0 Fakebringer (imago with the right perks) drops (i hope he would stop if one dropped).

He's keeping going until he gets outlaw and firefly, best he's got is Outlaw, Braced and Life Support

took 13 hours for me to get my first Grasp

I still farm it

I have two with hand-laid stock and headseeker

I'm trying to get braced frame, counter balance or head seeker, and either glass half full or third eye with a good dot scope

Man, I want to make like a collaboration now. How does Range work on different weapons.
To be fair, range is damage drop off on all weapons (maybe not fusion rifles?) Range also affects accuracy on all weapons (implicitly on fusions.) The damage drop off is apparent. The accuracy manifests with aim assist, bullet magnetism, and bullet spread cones. Changing the range stat on a weapon adjusts the "effective engagement range" for that weapon, within Some max/min range for that weapon. If you've played halo, this is similar to the "red reticle range" of a weapon, where the reticle would turn red when aimed at a target. Outside that range, you get no assistance with your shots.

So, lower range on pulses of course reduces the accuracy. The bullet spread cone becomes wider at distance, meaning it is more likely your second or third shot in a burst will be further out from the centerline. If I had to guess, I'd say this case (pulse rifles) is very similar to the halo 3 battle rifle. They had a detailed explaination of the accuracy cone on the BR in one of their weekly updates, if anyone can find it.

Holy shit man, I'm loving TLW with your tips.

2nd match:

I'm at 72% of the chaperone quest after 2 matches after I was still at <3% after 3 matches earlier :D

I forgot to mention

you absolutely want to be running hand cannon reloader when using a hand cannon. helps a ton

TLW is really a god-tier exotic that allows you to shit on anyone dumb enough to get close to you. with practice you can extend that range to close-mid to mid range

works very, very well with a sniper rifle

just wait till you 2-shot someone with low armor with hip fire. 3 shots with one head shot + 2 body shot is pretty epic as well

Why would Bungie nerf the Doctrine? It's not this insanely OP weapon some of you guys seem to be making it out to be.
I remember them saying that if too many people love one weapon a lot they're doing their job wrong so I assumed the worst. I guess it was over reacting but you know how bungie is their auto rifles.

Top Bottom