• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Deku Tree

Slayerage is so extreme in his grinds man. He's at 336 Undying Mind kills and what i assume 0 Fakebringer (imago with the right perks) drops (i hope he would stop if one dropped).

For a normal player, I'd agree with you. But he does have 1k people watching him. Way more people are watching Slayerage farm imago than used to watch him do speed runs. He usually has a vastly lower viewer count. I don't get it, but he is entertaining 1k people somehow.

I remember them saying that if too many people love one weapon a lot they're doing their job wrong so I assumed the worst. I guess it was over reacting but you know how bungie is their auto rifles.

just wait till everyone gets one this weekend with trials. it will probably get worse (doctrine week this week in trials FYI)

Sure. Basically what this is teaching is that the wall test is useless on a pulse rifle. It's a hitscan weapon, and it's scanning on an enemy based on the initial round of the burst. Higher range means the entire burst is going to hit on target. So if you're able to realign your bursts, the gun has high aim assist, or both; then prioritizing range is going to hit shots more reliably.
One thing also pointed out in that thread, which should be common knowledge, is that all the weapons are hitscan (besides the obvious fusions, rockets, vestian dynasty and dreg's promise.) So yeah, this probably works like the halo 3 BR. The first shot goes exactly where your reticle is. The second and third shots operate under probability distribution functions to determine their distance from the centerline of your first shot. Because we're talking about bullets, this pdf manifests as a cone in 3D. Simply put, higher range stat means tighter cone.

Namikaze1

Counterbalance, perfect balance, and feeding frenzy.

YOU STOLE MY GRASP, VAAL!

I TAKE BACK THE WARLOCK COMMENT I MADE DAYS AGO!

Edit: it was Jafku?!

Question for the titans out there....what are the ideal loadouts for Striker?

I tend to run max agility + armor + low agility because of skating. I like Unstoppable because Shoulder Charge is very inconsistent for me. Juggernaut is cool but I tend not to run head first at an enemy that often unless I am going for a shotgun kill.

I tried armor + agility but after each enemy kill the time I needed to wait to recover seemed like forever. I'm trying to experiment because...for whatever god forsaken reason, my KD is best with a Titan...

I put Warlocks to shame :(

Do you want a full run down of Striker Builds? Because you're getting a full run down of Striker Builds.

Stats:
Armor & Agility or Armor & Recovery, the choice is yours. I'm a sniper, so agility really helps me move around to set up for new picks or to push forward to support teammates. It also means that if I get tagged, I'm more likely to have time for recovery. You on the other hand are a shotgunner, so Recovery seems the right choice for you. Titan skating does make agility less of a factor, but it also helps make your jumps higher and farther, which is nice if you're running Increased Control.

Super:
Aftermath and Shockwave are your two best bets and playstyle will dictate which you prefer. Death from Above should be avoided because it's only viable if you jump up high, which in general, is a great way to get teamshot af. Aftermath is great for area denial, either for capture points or denying rezzes, including sunsinger rezzes. I personally use Shockwave, because there's nothing worse than shorting a smash. Shockwave goes a long way and even you're not scrubbing it up, it lets you smash early when closing the distance otherwise would get you killed.

Melee:
Overload is only a chance to reset your melee. Since I'm not meleeing all the time, and it's not a guarantee, I don't use this. Amplify helps your Smash cooldown, but it's not dramatic enough that I really notice when I already have T5 INT. Discharge is where its at. Discharge does an AoE arc explosion, which is great for when two people are close, like when there's a rez happening.

Class Perk Set 1:
Headstrong gives an agility bump, which is nice I guess, but it's not Aftershocks. Transfusion is nice for starting regeneration immediately, maybe you want that being a shotgunner, but it's not Aftershocks. Aftershocks is frankly the best choice, It makes your Lightning grenades last for days. Lightning grenades are SOOOO good. They do hella damage and are simply unbeatable for area denial. I get a pick and I put a grenade down. Nobody's getting the rez.

Class Perk Set 2:
Shoulder Charge and Juggernaut both require deliberate playstyle changes to get their benefits. Shoulder Charge I would not recommend for you, because it actively competes with your shotgun loadout. If you were going to do Shoulder Charge, I'd recommend learning to Slide Charge and switching to a faster firing shotgun. That said, Shoulder Charge is a melee, and melee netcode is terrible. As is, it's a great way to trade kills. Juggernaut is really powerful, but situational. When I run it, I don't use it to warrior someone. Instead I use it to move between cover when it's dangerous, but puts me in an advantageous spot. Remember too that with Alpha Lupi, you can rez someone at full sprint without slowing. That means you can rez someone who would otherwise get rez sniped. Your shield will take the sniper round and you'll both be up, with rez shields intact. That's power.

But I think at the end of the day, Unstoppable is the best choice. It grants +2 armor and gives an additional +25% damage resistance during your smash. Last weekend I saw a Titan tank a Truth round from Jakfu and go on to smash Jak in the face. I was sad to lose the round, but as a Titan I was impressed.

So all that said, my setup is this.

And you can always check out Guardian.gg for their usage stats.

WipedOut

Counterbalance, perfect balance, and feeding frenzy.

YOU STOLE MY GRASP, VAAL!

I TAKE BACK THE WARLOCK COMMENT I MADE DAYS AGO!

201503_1034_dadei_sm.jpg

ocean

Banned
Unless you're using a Hori Turbo pad, that Grasp is gonna kill your joints before it kills an enemy. It's like a non automatic firing Auto Rifle.

WipedOut

Sweet Jesus, what have we done Ruthless, we have kicked off the thirst for grasp. Haven't seen this many people wanting to farm.... like ever.

Nami, Jaf, Vaal, sounds like they are just dropping left and right for you guys now.

Thirsty Thursday

Indeed. I farmed for the Grasp twice. Got one bad roll and one decent roll. Then I did a card Rubenov and watched him lay waste to people with a Hawksaw that had a worse roll than mine(which is damn good). Never looked back.

But I totally understand why folks would want one

Namikaze1

Sweet Jesus, what have we done Ruthless, we have kicked off the thirst for grasp. Haven't seen this many people wanting to farm.... like ever.

Nami, Jaf, Vaal, sounds like they are just dropping left and right for you guys now.
For them.

Not for me.

Nami too salty.

And me, magic, tito. Thirst is real.

Frenden

Banned
*drowning Sack Boy image*

Better get them reps in for that Trials tomorrow. Please by a good map.

Everyone wants a Doctrine, so the map is going to be awful.

Frenden, our Warlock Voidfang Firebolt Hand Cannon game too strong.

I like this.

Yeah. We were wrecking house. Every game was broken up to find better teams after, haha.

Amazing, I get a hand cannon the shoots where I point it and I'm not total trash. :p

Everyone wants a Doctrine, so the map is going to be awful.

Yeah. We were wrecking house. Every game was broken up to find better teams after, haha.

Amazing, I get a hand cannon the shoots where I point it and I'm not total trash. :p

POSITIVE THINKING!

But yes if it's awful I'm out lol

Ain't nobody got time for Bannerfall

Namikaze1

We had four Grasps drop. None for me.

4 (or was it 5) bonds drop. 2 for me.

10-13 legendary engrams. 8 of them were mine.

Edit: got a shit ton of weapon and armor parts though.

ocean

Banned
Trials on Skyshock because fuck your feelings.

That nap would actually be cool if it let us farm Spinmetal and complete Public Events and stuff. Best memory was a time I was there and finding enemies was so hard that Zoba and I resorted to sparrow racing across the map.

Decided to try some skirmish today and see how it goes.

This guy decides to get a revive just as i was standing right behind to him with an arcblade so i'm like shit don't let me stop you, go ahead and get that res so i can kill him and then you.

Lag says NOPE

http://i.imgur.com/0JdEmmB.gifv

milkham

HM KF raid 9 PM EST
Starting from Daughters, followed by Oryx CM + multiple if needed.

Confirmed:
Beagles329
NCR Redslayer
Dreamgazer - Up to Oryx if not 310 by then.
Pandora012

Waiting for Response:
milkham
lightsaberut

Backups:
Nicodemic
Kaiken
Nastybook (GibbShift)

If the backup list grows too large, I'll start another group tomorrow for Oryx HM CM

yeah i'll be there, just don't make me fireteam leader again
also if you're not 310 you can be the runner

Namikaze1

Gonna go eat dinner but I'll be back for some more farming. Taking my hunter this time since only the hunters in the previous run got the damn weapon. Twice.

So if anyone is looking to do some farming in say 15 minutes, let's do it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Now that it appears Stability doesn't do what I thought it did for Grasp, I may farm for one with a better balance of Stability and Range.

Mindlog

Probably already posted, but this pulse rifle analysis is fascinating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...e_rifles_range_is_better_than_stability_gifs/

Basically always spec for range on pulse rifles over stability.
Over 5 tests, with 3 guns, each with a different archetype, the wall results were all markedly similar. This is in contrast to the enemy tests, which showed significant differences.
That's why there is no firing range in the tower. It would be useless. KAPOW

Are you still using a potato for internet? I remember when you joined me in VoG and things broke instantly.

Uhhh i uhh don't have any recollection of anything of that sort happening >_>

Maybe.

This potato has been in my family for a long time, i can't just dump it in the trash like that Kappa

Top Bottom