• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Namikaze1

Okay, back for some more Grasp farming. Anyone interested in farming for a bit on ps4? PSN is same as GAF. I'll be using my hunter this time. No mic though.

Ryck

Help!

I've beeb trying to solo Fear's Embrace for the Hunger Pangs quest, it hasn't been going well. Anyone wanna lend me a hand?

PSN: Dominat-R

After farming Omnigul literally for hours with a fireteam, I got my second Grasp just as I got my first one - by doing the strike properly, from start to finish, with randoms.
Old one has Exhumed, Injection Mold, and Spray & Play; new one has Headseeker, Fitted/Hand-laid Stock, and Third Eye.

Help!

I've beeb trying to solo Fear's Embrace for the Hunger Pangs quest, it hasn't been going well. Anyone wanna lend me a hand?

At work, but you can solo that mission by just staying inside the small corridor when you respawn. Snipe at the boss and only run out if the "the air around you is crackling" + throw grenade at minotaurs.

aarcane

I've decided the only way I'm going to be able to continue enjoying Destiny is to accept I'm not a good enough player to get all the decent gear and embrace being a casual. I've tried several times and failed miserably to get the Spindle, all other exotic quests* are at varying stages of completion and I haven't even finished the raid. I haven't bothered with Trials apart from a couple of cards not long ago, just to do the bounties.

And I don't care anymore.

I really don't enjoy PvE without friends and most of them have stopped playing, especially the raid, and I don't have the patience to deal with LFG people. I'm not remotely competent enough to solo content like Nightfalls or the Spindle mission either, so that's out as well. Also, I hate the Taken. For me, Bungie created an enemy more annoying to fight than the Flood and I'll be happy when they're gone.

PvP? Grinding Iron Banner to rank 5 and playing daily matches for the marks is fine by me. Seeing as IB (along with SRL) is the only sure way I can get weapons or armour at a decent light level, it'll have to do. Getting 310 stuff from 3oC helps a bit.

So why the hell am I still playing? I really love the shooting and those little moments when things go right, like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOc9_bGKG4. When Firefly procs on your Fatebringer and that pack of thralls goes bye-bye. When you throw a tripmine at a control point and take out multiple enemies. That first time Atheon drops the Mythoclast. When you land the headshot with the sniper or a throwing knife. When 3oC works and the boss drops two exotic engrams. When those engrams do not decrypt to another Alpha Lupi. When you find out Atheon's Epilogue is a beast now. And so on.

This isn't a stealth "raid/lighthouse carry pls DGAF" post. I'm not interested in doing those particular endgame activities. I was, but not anymore. I'm happy enough just logging on, shooting some bad guys for varying lengths of time and then going on my way. I know I'm not a great player, but I have enough great times to keep playing, even if it is just on a casual level.

*Not counting Ace of Spades and Boolean Gemini. Even I could get those

Dez_

Help!

I can lend a hand. Doing that mission solo is a pain in the ass. The only thing is I won't be on until later tonight, but if you're still looking for some then I'd be happy to help.

Ryck

I can lend a hand. Doing that mission solo is a pain in the ass. The only thing is I won't be on until later tonight, but if you're still looking for some then I'd be happy to help.
Thank you, Chur jumped in and we knocked it out. ( thanks Chur) Now just need an Oryx CM and I am good for the week.

Ryck

I have enough great times to keep playing, even if it is just on a casual level.
I know totally know what you mean, I have been playing on my Nephews account very casually (nothing left to do on my account) and I have been enjoying that. He only has one character and it feels less like a job and more like how I would want it to feel.

Might delete my two extra characters on my actual account going forward.

Mindlog

This week wehereintoforth we look upon possible futures yours truly may or may not have spied a fracture in the obscuring shield which was erected following my last premature premonition of sorts in which I related the news untowitch of what was coming. We're getting very close to revealing the date for our first teaser for the next massive expansion in Destiny! You have been heard. For now all I can say is, STAY TUNED!
A lot of interesting speculation in the comments, such as how the range affects the bullet spread. So, are bullet spread and recoil independent of one another?
Hark. A connection is established.

They should really replace the weapon stats with some random lore for Marathon.
I've decided the only way I'm going to be able to continue enjoying Destiny is to accept I'm not a good enough player to get all the decent gear and embrace being a casual. I've tried several times and failed miserably to get the Spindle, all other exotic quests* are at varying stages of completion and I haven't even finished the raid. I haven't bothered with Trials apart from a couple of cards not long ago, just to do the bounties.

This isn't a stealth "raid/lighthouse carry pls DGAF" post. I'm not interested in doing those particular endgame activities. I was, but not anymore. I'm happy enough just logging on, shooting some bad guys for varying lengths of time and then going on my way. I know I'm not a great player, but I have enough great times to keep playing, even if it is just on a casual level.

*Not counting Ace of Spades and Boolean Gemini. Even I could get those
Even so. I could remote play now and help you get a Spindle if you'd like. Anyone else around for a Spindle run?

Ryck

This week wehereintoforth we look upon possible futures yours truly may or may not have spied a fracture in the obscuring shield which was erected following my last premature premonition of sorts in which I related the news untowitch of what was coming. We're getting very close to revealing the date for our first teaser for the next massive expansion in Destiny! You have been heard. For now all I can say is, STAY TUNED!

Hark. A connection is established.

They should really replace the weapon stats with some random lore for Marathon.

Even so. I could remote play now and help you get a Spindle if you'd like. Anyone else around for a Spindle run?
I am down for that.

Dominat-R

( I only have like 20-30 min before I need to sign out tho :-0 )

Mindlog

I am down for that.

Dominat-R

( I only have like 20-30 min before I need to sign out tho :-0 )
Spindle:
1) Mindlog
2) Dominant-R
3)

No mic. Just kill orbs, knights witches, everything else in that order. Play aggressive, but smart :]
I'm going to start now and make it to the bottom of the elevator waiting.

Dez_

So for the folks farming Omnigul, do you just pick the strike or is there a better chance at getting the pulse rifle when doing vanguard or heroic strikes? All this talk about grasp kind of makes me want to attempt a run later.

Lnkn52

SBhtZxC.png

UPDATE (02/18/2016): Matchmaking tuning has been revised to prioritize finding people who are close to your locality in the interest of further reducing lag.

Lee

Fatebringer has Firefly - Field Scout/Single Point Sling/Explosive Rounds - Outlaw

Is this the Imago Loop roll everyone is after?

SpecX

Good, but I don't understand the slow rollout like this. Are their update tools that awful that the entire game world will crash if they do the entire thing? Is this a job security measure or something they can talk about as they slowly release the changes? Bungie, why can't you make sense?

Lnkn52

Good, but I don't understand the slow rollout like this. Are their update tools that awful that the entire game world will crash if they do the entire thing? Is this a job security measure or something they can talk about as they slowly release the changes? Bungie, why can't you make sense?

They're collecting data....

It's better than 4 months wait.

LTWood12

Fatebringer has Firefly - Field Scout/Single Point Sling/Explosive Rounds - Outlaw

Is this the Imago Loop roll everyone is after?

Outlaw and Firefly are the two main components. Sureshot IS is a nice bonus. As far as the middle perks, it cannot roll field scout or single point sling. Rifled or reinforced barrel are ideal, but if you get outlaw/firefly everything else is gravy.

Skip it how?

One character ("main") has to do the quest up to the materials part.
Once at that stage, you can take the 220 light sword from 2 alts and transfer it to main.

main will then upgrade the 220 swords to 280 light, and the quest for those swords will then bypass the crucible part and straight to materials collection..

Essentially you get 3 exotic sword, but only 1 character has to do the crucible part.

As for the material collection part, I prefer the sniper scan method way better than re-spawning the same mat.

Top Bottom