• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Wut

CbhC8ppW4AEo58p.jpg:large

Edit: Got kicked to main screen and downloaded a 814kb update.

So I had a Suros Dis-47 stored away in my vault and decided to use its last night in some Skirmish games.

IMG_20160218_100614.jpg

The thing really wrecks. The high rate of fire plus high stability was out gunning Midas and pulses.

So I had a Suros Dis-47 stored away in my vault and decided to use its last night in some Skirmish games.

IMG_20160218_100614.jpg

The thing really wrecks. The high rate of fire plus high stability was out gunning Midas and pulses.

I have two with full auto that I really like

yours has more range but less stability that my two

gun is way better than the trials scout rifle

Mindlog

Titans are not very good in PvP imo, why risk it with the Fist of Havok when I can just throw a ranged FoH with my Voidwalker? Why put a bubble when I can destroy it with just my Stormcaller's super animation? And why even bother with Sunbreakers when it's outclassed by all other mobile supers? At least hunters and warlocks have usable grenades on all subclasses and not just their Strikers.
No super.
Speed + Shotgun. All you need.
o3Tn33a.jpg

Prepare for fusion rifle nerf °ω°
/pours one out
I miss my Fusion Rifles.

Got contacting destiny servers when logging in, and ps4 went Weasel error but was fine to login after. XB1, got weasel error after i visited the postmaster and found nothing.

Titans are not very good in PvP imo, why risk it with the Fist of Havok when I can just throw a ranged FoH with my Voidwalker? Why put a bubble when I can destroy it with just my Stormcaller's super animation? And why even bother with Sunbreakers when it's outclassed by all other mobile supers? At least hunters and warlocks have usable grenades on all subclasses and not just their Strikers.

you need to watch AEGabriel's stream more...

Did you do the regular daily with the "boss" wizard or go inside the Black Spindle area and kill that boss?

I'm pretty sure it was the Black Spindle boss and area. I think the boss's name started with a D, but I'm not sure. We had the 10 minute timer and everything. Sorry if this isn't what you were asking, haha.

they literally said already that the ghosts would be here before the 23rd

not sure how anyone assumed it would be the 18th which is < the 23rd as they never said today is the day

guessing that the patch would mean ghosts = today is fair but I wouldn't get bent out of shape when they tell you today is not the day

Tried out a GoM and it felt pretty damn good. The perks I have aren't even that good (secret round, perfect balance, guerilla fighter).

How about Bungle also does away with the unnecessary nerfs to Nothing Manacles and Aclyophage Symbiote? Glass Cannon Hunter too OP let's also nerf Arcbolt grandes but firebolts are in a perfect little sweet spot. WTF

stay gold

How about Bungle also does away with the unnecessary nerfs to Nothing Manacles and Aclyophage Symbiote? Glass Cannon Hunter too OP let's also nerf Arcbolt grandes but firebolts are in a perfect little sweet spot. WTF

Not that arc bolts don't need buffing, but Firebolts got the exact same nerf, it's the skill tree perks that keep them great.

X-Frame

What's the quickest/easiest way for a new player to get Strange Coins now? It seems like the answer is just to keep playing normally.

Asking for a friend who recently bought Destiny and just hit Level 40.

Not that arc bolts don't need buffing, but Firebolts got the exact same nerf, it's the skill tree perks that keep them great.

The range on fire bolts is stupid compared to arc
bolts.

Edit: The 2.0 patch reduced arc bolt grenade damage by 25% and range by 11%. Fire bolt grenades were not touched.

TP-DK

IMG_20160218_100614.jpg

Yeah I got one with full stability and Im loving it. Im still searching for one with full auto though, that perk would be great with this rate of fire.

What's the quickest/easiest way for a new player to get Strange Coins now? It seems like the answer is just to keep playing normally.

prison of elders 28

can get a bunch from the nightfall or the weekly shaxx bounties (which is like an extra nightfall)

you can get up to 3 per game of crucible but that's an RNG drop

do as many bounties as you can. you can get them form cashing one in (again RNG)

also when you get a package from one of the factions you get 4 SC

Deku Tree

Just play the game, do bounties, turn in engrams, play PvP. They drop pretty frequently from those.

If you need some ASAP then doing PoE 28 can get you 1-3 from the small chests and an additional 3 from the large chest if you have a treasure key.

Might not be so easy for a new player to get treasure keys though. Can get one a week from Petra bounti s but those have a long unlock quest.

I'll see you in the beta tomorrow right?

--

Also I feel so bad for Deku, I join him in his Black Spindle ship farm and on my first and only attempt today I get it. He is 0-11 right now.

Tomorrow is a little tough (12-14 hour work shift) but i will be playing on sat and sun

Would a kind gaffer explain to me how to farm Omnigul for the Grasp pretty please. Thinking about farming for one.

Short version is she can drop it any time she is killed.

So if you kill her in the room before the actual boss fight, that counts as a drop chance. Then you can just die, and kill her there again.

Shadowshot plus swords makes it super easy.

Jafku

Would a kind gaffer explain to me how to farm Omnigul for the Grasp pretty please. Thinking about farming for one.
Two nightstalkers and a defender titan with a weapons bubble. All 3 guardians need a raze-lighter(solar exotic sword)
Nightstalker tethers omnigul and all 3 guardians rush to omnigul and destroy her with razelighter. Adds kill you rinse and repeat.

start with omnigul strike. can be from strike playlist or the level 16 strike. doesn't matter

play through mission normally

when you reach omnigul for the first time "omnigul, DESTROY HER!" tether her right away.

use exotic swords, preferably raze lighter, to deal massive amounts of damage quickly. if she breaks tether, tether again with 2nd hunter.

once she dies, wipe to ads, repeat

best setup I've found is 2x nightstalkers and 1 bubble titan with weapons. she dies instantly

2nd nightstalker is for the first missing tether or she breaks tether because the AA on your sword screwed you and killed a thrull that makes you die, etc

Namikaze1

Short version is she can drop it any time she is killed.

So if you kill her in the room before the actual boss fight, that counts as a drop chance. Then you can just die, and kill her there again.

Shadowshot plus swords makes it super easy.

Two nightstalkers and a defender titan with a weapons bubble. All 3 guardians need a raze-lighter(solar exotic sword)
Nightstalker tethers omnigul and all 3 guardians rush to omnigul and destroy her with razelighter. Adds kill you rinse and repeat.
Thanks! :)

Well, guess I need two hunters then. I want to farm for a bit.

X-Frame

prison of elders 28

can get a bunch from the nightfall or the weekly shaxx bounties (which is like an extra nightfall)

you can get up to 3 per game of crucible but that's an RNG drop

do as many bounties as you can. you can get them form cashing one in (again RNG)

also when you get a package from one of the factions you get 4 SC

Just play the game, do bounties, turn in engrams, play PvP. They drop pretty frequently from those.

If you need some ASAP then doing PoE 28 can get you 1-3 from the small chests and an additional 3 from the large chest if you have a treasure key.

Might not be so easy for a new player to get treasure keys though. Can get one a week from Petra bounti s but those have a long unlock quest.

Thanks you too! He blew all his last Xurday, one on a gauntlet engram that turned into a Hunter item and the Peregrine Greaves, because he really wanted an exotic.

Just asking invade Xur comes with some really good items tomorrow for Titans.

Top Bottom