• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

aarcane

Thanks for the offers of help, only trouble is I play on XB1. Mistakes were made, and all that...

I'm glad that I have quite a few DGAF people in my friends list. I've always had fun playing with you guys.

Good, but I don't understand the slow rollout like this. Are their update tools that awful that the entire game world will crash if they do the entire thing? Is this a job security measure or something they can talk about as they slowly release the changes? Bungie, why can't you make sense?

they can only push instant sever changes to 5 playlists at a time. To do all of them has to be in an update https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44307/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--02042016

So yep it's because there tools are shit

Ryck

No mic. Just kill orbs, knights witches, everything else in that order. Play aggressive, but smart :]
I'm going to start now and make it to the bottom of the elevator waiting.

Wow, that was pretty intense, thanks didn't think we would be able to two man it.

Lee

Outlaw and Firefly are the two main components. Sureshot IS is a nice bonus. As far as the middle perks, it cannot roll field scout or single point sling. Rifled or reinforced barrel are ideal, but if you get outlaw/firefly everything else is gravy.

Thanks man.

What makes outlaw better than other fast reload perks, like spray and play (increased reload when mag is empty)?

WipedOut

Party created, join up when ready.

Running a quick Oryx Challenge tonight, we already have CP. Who's in?

Kings Fall HM CM Oryx CP - PS4 - 6PM Eastern

1. W193D0UT
2. Jafku
3. Nami
4. Ocean
5. EvilKalamari
6. ThingontheFloor

Alts: (Jaf and I have already run it twice. If multiple runs are wanted we can bring in alts)

1. dthomp
2. GibbShift

LTWood12

Thanks man.

What makes outlaw better than other fast reload perks, like spray and play (increased reload when mag is empty)?

On a hand cannon you should be aiming for the head every time anyway. Headshot kill gives you 5 seconds of max reload if you want to use it. For someone like me, who is a compulsive reloader, this is great. It's just a more versatile perk and you'll be able to take advantage of it more often.

SpecX

they can only push instant sever changes to 5 playlists at a time. To do all of them has to be in an update https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44307/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--02042016

So yep it's because there tools are shit

Thanks, didn't read that update, so good to know. Hopefully they plan to resolve this in Destiny 2 and not keep this crap around. I know there's only so much they can change, but if they continue on their 10 year journey with these awful tools for updates/changes, then they better continue to expect the hate they get and that's some awful forward thinking/planning.

Mindlog

Wow, that was pretty intense, thanks didn't think we would be able to two man it.
Thanks for the fun run. I was surprised by how easily we made it considering we left the middle with 7 minutes. Thought the last encounter would be a little closer to 0:00 on the clock. Team Titans made it look easy.

"Destiny is really fun sometimes still." Needs to be a featured quote on the next commercial.

Namikaze1

Party created, join up when ready.

Running a quick Oryx Challenge tonight, we already have CP. Who's in?

Kings Fall HM CM Oryx CP - PS4 - 6PM Eastern

1. W193D0UT
2. Jafku
3. Nami
4. Ocean
5. EvilKalamari
6. ThingontheFloor

Alts: (Jaf and I have already run it twice. If multiple runs are wanted we can bring in alts)

1. dthomp
2. GibbShift
Gonna have to sit this one out, chief.

Lee

On a hand cannon you should be aiming for the head every time anyway. Headshot kill gives you 5 seconds of max reload if you want to use it. For someone like me, who is a compulsive reloader, this is great. It's just a more versatile perk and you'll be able to take advantage of it more often.

Thanks again man. I can definitely see how Outlaw is better. With that said, I should be happy if I can get Firefly + a reload perk, and Outlaw/SureShot/etc. are bonuses.

Trying to set my expectations right, seeing as streamers are grinding 300+ kills for this.

I like the new look, and I'm glad they took my advice to do a weekly show.

Clash in Iron Banner should be fun, as it's one of my go to modes in The Crucible. I only need the PS gauntlets for my Hunter, and I really want that Sniper rifle.

I hope the rifle is good, though.

SpecX

Me Mr Todd, me. I like Control more than Clash! I prefer some type of object than just regular death match. Unless, that objective is the spark. Rift can burn in hell.

I'm with you!

giphy.gif

milkham

my weyloran's march has shortgaze, army of one, quickdraw/snapshot/casket mag and spray and play, what do you guy's think? i haven't really used it

The sniper has a base AA of 79 (1000yd is 51) get Shortgaze and HH and it will be ridiculous

Edit your supposed to aim for the head Grim :p

Had a Ramlock survive a headshot without any extra overshield. *shrugs* That's when Weyloran's March became Grims infusion material.

It's the Y1 trials sniper rifle with less range lol. 13 impact rating.

FyreWulff

What an odd restriction.

Their playlist backend always has peculiar restrictions at first glance.

For example, Halo: Reach only supports 26 playlists. So when 343 was adding all the Anniversary playlists, they had to delete some old ones to make room.

You also couldn't have Invasion in any other playlist but by itself, due to how the backend handled it. They were only able to integrate Invasion into other playlists with a significant backend update that probably 'shimmed' Invasion into working in regular team modes.

I'm going to make a wild assumption here that the 5-playlist hot-data limit is left over from this era of Destiny:

article_post_width_Salvage_Destiny.jpg

Where they had 5 playlists max. I imagine other playlists added since then (Osiris, IB, double rotators, and the Legacy lists) were done in another way behind the scenes. It's likely the current system was never designed for this amount of aggressive adjustment and updating, so the new playlist backend upgrade is probably coming along and they're just waiting for that to be stable and deployed.

Frenden

Banned
I'm left a little confused by the verbiage regarding Clash IB matchmaking in the BWU. It sounds like it might get the new Control MM, but they're both vague and verbose about it. Winning combo there.

Yeh I know, still decent for dicking about with. I've still yet to get the trials sniper with HH so don't have a decent low impact high RoF one

If it's to be for dicking around you'd be better off with Praedyth's Revenge. Better Impact, Range, Stability, and Reload ratings. WM isn't any good in regular 6v6 and shite in 3v3.

Top Bottom