• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WeTeHa

urghs, don't like clash. will probably never get the top scorer bounty. may even have trouble with 2.5k points and win (maybe not on my main, but on my alts :()

If it's to be for dicking around you'd be better off with Praedyth's Revenge. Better Impact, Range, Stability, and Reload ratings. WM isn't any good in regular 6v6 and shite in 3v3.

It's the same impact as the Yr1 trials one which head shotted everything bar Rez shields,

So it should be faster to rank up to right? Didn't they increase the rep you get from each match?

Yep 20% I've got 5 medallions and 7 dailies to cash in

Frenden

Banned
I prefer IB Clash over Control and Rift. Shorter games, quicker opportunities to get to drops, way more solo-able.

Here's the verbiage surrounding IB Clash matchmaking that I found weird. I figured it out, though.

The team might even deploy new Matchmaking settings that favor connection quality over skill. That could result in fiercer competition, but that threat should be of no concern for a true champion of the Iron Lords. In the meantime, play some Control and talk to us about your combat experiences.

First, couching the matchmaking changes under the modifier, "might," is as unclear as possible. I suppose they're being cute and it's going to change over. Otherwise, why mention it?

Second, "[The matchmaking changes] could result in fiercer competition..." This threw me. CBMM makes games less sweaty, not more. But then I realized Deej was addressing the super duper casual folks. They weren't the ones as heavily penalized by SBMM in the first place. They've been matching against each other and avoiding us sweaty fucks altogether since December.

So, essentially, if they do change matchmaking over, the super casual person has a slightly increased chance to happen into a lopsided game full of uber pros. But, for everyone here reading this, it means things should be less sweaty. Games should be like they used to be. For us, it shouldn't really get any harder.

maomaoIYP

Clash is so boring though. Not enough flow. It's better than rift I suppose. I'm ready for 3v3 banner :p
"Saladin has decided to move to the reef to be with Brother Vance. We call the new game mode Iron Trials of Osiris's Banner. 3v3 rotating game modes, and only a flawless passage will grant you IB reputation."

v1perz53

Random question, but does anyone know if the exotic class items with the CE (25% faster new subclass, level increases 10% faster) affects levelling speed for other subclasses, like Gunslinger and Bladedancer for hunter. The wording is vague (level increases 10% faster), so I don't know if that means the XP you earn is 10% higher so it would, or just the level bar increases faster.

stay gold

Clash sucks. Sometimes I feel like the game actively searches for supers to spawn me in front of.

Will play for the aimbot sniper though.

Clash is so boring though. Not enough flow. It's better than rift I suppose. I'm ready for 3v3 banner :p

Or 4v4. Since they can do doubles, they got away from their "love of 3s" and can move onto playlists of 4. Elimination IB would be cool, too. Essentially Trials without the worry of flawless. But maybe I'd prefer Skirmish more to practice how "sweaties" feel like haha.

Side note: I hope even Destiny 2 has 4 player Coop for campaign. I have a group of 3 IRL buddies and we had to split in 2 groups of 2 when we played Destiny PvE, so dumb. And same with Rocket League Ranked, only goes up to 3. Screw 3!

ocean

Banned
Puts me into a 2v6 10k down match on Skyshock. Get killed by Tocket immediately.

I quit...and get put back in there.

Nobody likes this map Bungie just delete the files and the assets and all the YouTube footage of it and let's pretend it never existed. Never ever had a match there reach 20k, and I can't recall ever playing it without people quitting.

It's like (insert your least favorite map)l but worse in literally every single way.

maomaoIYP

Probably already posted, but this pulse rifle analysis is fascinating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...e_rifles_range_is_better_than_stability_gifs/

Basically always spec for range on pulse rifles over stability.
A higher range does allow you to get more headshots over distance, but in a real situation with a rapidly moving target, a higher recoil from having a lower stability means more aim correction in between shots, resulting in an overall slightly lower rof and more shots missed. This is especially true if the recoil of your pulse has a considerable horizontal component.
Source: me, lifelong pulse user. I also have a PDX-41 with rifled barrel and perfect balance. Both range and stability for this setup is high, but stability is not maxed.

Kyoufu

Or 4v4. Since they can do doubles, they got away from their "love of 3s" and can move onto playlists of 4. Elimination IB would be cool, too. Essentially Trials without the worry of flawless.

Side note: I hope even Destiny 2 has 4 player Coop for campaign. I have a group of 3 IRL buddies and we had to split in 2 groups of 2 when we played Destiny PvE, so dumb. And same with Rocket League Ranked, only goes up to 3. Screw 3!

They're totally going to add a new class, character slot and fireteam slot in Destiny 2. I can feel it.

Top Bottom