• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

zethren

Banned
Right on, I'll add you guys! My GT is: zethren117.

It'll be nice to play with folks again, as my usual fireteam isn't on much anymore haha.

Ghazi

I really, really wish that they'd remove the time reduction on the Achlyophage. I don't understand why that's there, it'd be nice if they at least explained their reasoning behind that change. I don't believe that it was particularly broken and it becomes a unique exotic in that there are actually trade offs to using, something that other exotics don't have. Achlyophage with combustion was a really fun combo in year 1 for me. Celestial for PvE and Symbiote for PvP were my go to exotic choices for Gunslinger.

Thank you guys for the tips for the subclass of yesterday.

Quick question, how many of you have more than 1 character? In vanilla Destiny having 2 was very helpful, is it still the same?

I really, really wish that they'd remove the time reduction on the Achlyophage. I don't understand why that's there, it'd be nice if they at least explained their reasoning behind that change. I don't believe that it was particularly broken and it becomes a unique exotic in that there are actually trade offs to using, something that other exotics don't have. Achlyophage with combustion was a really fun combo in year 1 for me. Celestial for PvE and Symbiote for PvP were my go to exotic choices for Gunslinger.

They did on one of the crucible radio podcasts, I'll try to dig it out but it was something along the lines of to many people used it and got to many kills

boofa

Neo Member
They did on one of the crucible radio podcasts, I'll try to dig it out but it was something along the lines of to many people used it and got to many kills

Even with 4 shots w/o the time reduction, I don't think I would use it over YAS now that you get double trips AND extended duration. I get so many kills dropping those by a door and running away, lol.

ocean

Banned
Even with 4 shots w/o the time reduction, I don't think I would use it over YAS now that you get double trips AND extended duration. I get so many kills dropping those by a door and running away, lol.
You mean there's actually people who don't spec full armor?

Ghazi

If that's their logic then Stormtrance duration needs to be dramatically reduced.

I like Tripmines, but ever since the buff the incendiary grenade is amazingly good so I've been running those, so Symbiote would still be really great for me.

Mindlog

Stormtrance isn't a problem. It could probably use a modest buff to speed.
Voidwalker needs to make as many orbs as it used to. The notion that other items would boost orb production (relics and such) is silly because actually getting those items in a useful configuration at a useful light level is so rare. Shatter should split into five large fast aggressive tracking projectiles instead of 3 slow moving ones.

Both Sunsinger and Voidwalker could use a slight boost to melee range to bring it in line with Stormcaller.

ocean

Banned
Voidwalker needs to make as many orbs as it used to. The notion that other items would boost orb production (relics and such) is silly because actually getting those items in a useful configuration at a useful light level is so rare. Shatter should split into five large fast aggressive tracking projectiles instead of 3 slow moving ones.

Both Sunsinger and Voidwalker could use a slight boost to melee range to bring it in line with Stormcaller.
Boost
Sunsinger
Melee
Range

Wat. 122 damage + DoT + Overshield *on hit* (not kill) and super long range already, along with some silly auto aiming. Warlock hands are OP as shit already :p

SpecX

If that's their logic then Stormtrance duration needs to be dramatically reduced.
Seriously this was my same stance. How can you say Hunters are getting too many kills because of the duration and then give Warlocks 30 secs on their super?

Stormtrance is extremely fast if you equip ionic blink. I don't think the other subclasses need a melee range buff considering the range on Stormcaller melee is already extended to a broken range if you have the range perk equipped.

The exact opposite of what you said is true. In pvp, armor determines health, light level is meaningless. Even in IB and trials, light level affects damage given and taken, not health.

I was talking about PvE, kappa.

I always talk about PvE, unless I'm talking about Thorn, in which case I talk about PvP.

Preparing myself for Trials later.

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Gotta get that Doctrine.

Top Bottom