• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Deku Tree

Thanks Biggy and Liam for the carry! and playing three cards with me!
Only played four ToO cards in year 2.
Last one was my first y2 Mercury.
Got water star and doctrine with rodeo 2x.
I have a 9-0 card with a mercy still active now.

How am I supposed to go form 291 light to 300+? It seems like I'm stuck since I'm not high enough light to do Oryx.

Try your luck with engram drops from Court of Oryx and Heroic strikes, and Trials if you're good at pvp/can find a decent team.

291 is fine for normal Oryx up to the final boss fight, and you'll get a few drops on the way that should push your light up higher.

Axoman

There are a few of us... feel free to add me GT dmh33. And add Axoman too, he's gonna carry everyone to the lighthouse this weekend.

If not the lighthouse at least to a doctrine.

I expect you and axo to be on your games. Get that icebreaker warmed up!

You guys are funny! dmh is usually leading us to victory with the early picks. We just have to stick together and crash on any enemy orbs.

Let's see if axo can stay logged in for more than 5 minutes tonight
Axo have a potato for Internet?

Usually I have solid internet, I've got 40Mbps down/5Mbps up. Last night it was having issues, but Ares was too.

Axo and xplicitone, when do you guys want to redeem ourselves in trials and get a doctrine in the process?

I'm game for today. I'm available pretty much all day.

Sent you guys a message, but I can be available any night for trials. I hope to be on sometime after 10:30PM EST tonight.

US X1 player. Trip Like I Do. Always down for trials.

I'm hoping to still run with you this weekend if your offer to help still stands.

ocean

Banned
Nami and Igor thanks a million for the carry. I'm nowhere near good enough to get there myself - you both pulled crazy 1v3 clutches.

I'm on 7 wins with Mercy intact, gonna shoot for Mercury on this card sometime in the weekend. Haven't been there in a long time. Maybe there I'll get a Counterbalance roll :)

Guess I should say I'm too low to do it with websites like DestinyLFG.net and whatnot.

Nah. On the weekends you can usually find chill groups on LFG that are willing to take on newbies.

Here's a few options to raise your light level.at least:
The Vanguard Quest (5 Vanguard + 5 Heroic + 1 Nightfall) will give you a 300 Light Special Weapon

The Exotic Sword Quest will give you 310 heavy weapon.

Court of Oryx Quest will give you a 300 light artifact.

Nightfall if you're lucky will drop you up to 310 gears.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
How am I supposed to go form 291 light to 300+? It seems like I'm stuck since I'm not high enough light to do Oryx.

The raid is painfully long and slow and I never had luck for loot. Watching people fall to their deaths for 45 minutes gets old. The best way to get some high light stuff is IB. Get the weekly bounties done and save them for the last day, you can go from rank 3 -> 5 when you turn them in. You can get 300-320 stuff for rank 5 rewards. Grind to 300 light and use exotic engrams (save them for 300+) to hopefully get 310 stuff.

Without raiding I grinded up to 311, so its possible.

The raid is painfully long and slow and I never had luck for loot. Watching people fall to their deaths for 45 minutes gets old. The best way to get some high light stuff is IB. Get the weekly bounties done and save them for the last day, you can go from rank 3 -> 5 when you turn them in. You can get 300-320 stuff for rank 5 rewards. Grind to 300 light and use exotic engrams (save them for 300+) to hopefully get 310 stuff.

Without raiding I grinded up to 311, so its possible.

Alternatively, you also just do the weekly challenge mode (beating 1 boss in a particular manner) portions of raids only. Which will guarantee a piece of 310 gear for the NM challenge or 320 for HM challenge.

The warpriest challenge next week can easily be done with minimal effort.

Namikaze1

Fuck. We lose Igor after going 4-0. We had them the next round if not for that fucking rez.

Oh and fuck firebolt.

Nami and Igor thanks a million for the carry. I'm nowhere near good enough to get there myself - you both pulled crazy 1v3 clutches.

I'm on 7 wins with Mercy intact, gonna shoot for Mercury on this card sometime in the weekend. Haven't been there in a long time. Maybe there I'll get a Counterbalance roll :)
No problem. :)

I've got my characters to 313,312,311 without raiding

Finish the taken quest. It will give you a shotgun at 300
Do Eris court of Orix. Guarantee artifact at 300

Nightfall will get you (with some luck) drops up to 310

IB can given you drops up to 320

Also participate on the special events like SRL and crimson. You will read a lot of the more experienced players moan about them, but for the ones that do not do the raid on HM, we can grind them for better loot

Also join up for the Trials bounties, or Shaxx bounties (although Shaxx quest is quite long and tedious).

And as someone said, keep any exotic engrams until you are 300 or higher. Some of them my decrypt at 310

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Update

So, I gained a little weight 10-15lbs, went from full liquid diet to carb low, but good reason for it
I was tired out quickly due to no protein and "fuel to keep me going

Now with a steady balance of "fuel" I move around more

Stopped using the harness and now I do transfers from wheelchair to a rolling walker
Can get roughly 5-8 steps, have good balance

I have a discharge date set for March 8th to home, but I may get lucky and yet transferred to a sub acute facility for more extended physical therapy
So another 2 month course, but this will be more vigorous
Let's see how the cards are dealt, if not I'm home and back with DGAF right at when every1 switches to other DGAF, DivGAF

Me in January:
nkj7znyl.jpg

Me about a week ago:
mFtOKQvl.jpg

Almost reaching the end.

I believe the Normal King's Fall Raid CM drops 310 LL weapons / armor and artifacts. Next week is Warpriest CM so you could get either a 310 special or heavy to go along with the 310 artifact followed the next week by the Golgoroth CM which will net you a 310 piece of armor and 310 artifact and the the following week you should be able to do the Oryx CM comfortably on normal difficulty which will get you a 310 primary / helmet and a 310 artifact.

As others have mentioned do all the quests to get higher level gear. You should be high enough to be carried through the normal raid. Even if you don't clear the entire thing making it past the daughters should net you with some decent loot to get you to 300.

If your on PSN hit me up J-squared77. I have a friend in the same boat as you that I'm going to take though his first run

Frenden

Banned

Awesome, Grave! Looking good, dude!

:D

Biggy and Liam and I took a trip to Doctrine lane. I got Counterbalance!

We had a great run (almost no deaths between any of us for a while there, let alone losses) and then Destiny booted Biggy on final boss. Boo. :(

I got an Adept Water Star as Liam and I finished out a man down. It was tense!

Thanks again, Doctrine squad for the help! :D

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well that was weird...

So if I'm home I'll carry checkpoints and learn everything while y'all go to some dark zone

Top Bottom