• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

He seems so happy. Should we tell him?

Challenge modes do give you 320 gear, but they won't give you 320 class items or ghosts. Need to do live events for those, one of which you've already missed. Even then, CM is very fickle and you probably won't get the drops you need. I've been doing them since week 1 and can't get the helmet. At all, much less 320. There's no more secrets, unless you mean secret changes to Skill Based Matchmaking which murdered the PvP Community.

Don't chase 320. Don't.

Good to see you Private! 320 is not something specifically worth chasing, but most of us have been in lieu of anything else meaningful to chase. Challenge modes are a source of:

320 Primaries (Oryx CM Drop)
320 Heavies (WP CM Drop)
320 Sniper Rifle (WP CM Drop, NOT fusion rifle or Shotgun)
320 Helmets (Oryx CM Drop)
320 Gauntlets, Chest, Boots (Golgoroth CM)
320 Artifacts (Guaranteed drop for completing any challenge mode)

For those of us that have been running challenge mode weekly, and aren't 320, we're almost assuredly missing either a 320 ghost, class item, or both. Getting either of those is still dependent on the regular HM RNG, or doing something like SRL (class item) or Crimson Doubles (ghost).

The fun to be had is just from playing with all the nice folks here. Most of us have the challenges on farm, so if you ever need help w/ one shoot me an invite. My regular group usually does it Tuesday nights, though this week we're doing it Friday night.

Hey, thanks for the info (and offer of help). I guess it's kind of good for me that 320 is so elusive, I won't feel too left behind when I come back. AR's were making a comeback last I played...is there a top tier AR to chase at least? I'm still hopeful that they'll say "fuck it" and bring back ascending and re-rolling until the next content release. Sucks to have so much content locked to year 1.

Deku Tree

What's up DGaf? How did the challenge modes work out? I've been going through a long list of Neflix/Amazon Instant TV shows and movies for the last few months, but I think it may be a good time to dip my toes back in and get my toons up to 320. Has the live team given us any more secrets like the Black Spindle? That was a lot of fun and a good glimpse into the possibilities of reusing old geometry. What's the best path to 320 right now? A couple of weeks of Hard Oryx?

Missed you guys.

H U D S O N !!!!

What's up DGaf? How did the challenge modes work out? I've been going through a long list of Neflix/Amazon Instant TV shows and movies for the last few months, but I think it may be a good time to dip my toes back in and get my toons up to 320. Has the live team given us any more secrets like the Black Spindle? That was a lot of fun and a good glimpse into the possibilities of reusing old geometry. What's the best path to 320 right now? A couple of weeks of Hard Oryx?

Missed you guys.
The secret to hitting 320 is to give DrDrizzay your account login.

Lnkn52

WYL enters his first match of Skirmish under the new CBMM, match makes in with people playing with Thorns.

He backs out. LOL

LTWood12

Hey, thanks for the info (and offer of help). I guess it's kind of good for me that 320 is so elusive, I won't feel too left behind when I come back. AR's were making a comeback last I played...is there a top tier AR to chase at least? I'm still hopeful that they'll say "fuck it" and bring back ascending and re-rolling until the next content release. Sucks to have so much content locked to year 1.

Doctrine of Passing
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1173766590

Just so happens this coming weekend it will be the reward for 7 Wins on a Trials passage. Counterbalance is the perk you want in the last slot, with Hidden Hand coming in a close or distant (depending on who you talk to) second.

The secret to hitting 320 is to give DrDrizzay your account login.

Except he quit :(

It's always alternated Primary->special/heavy->Primary->special/heavy. It was the HMG this past weekend, so unless they've changed the rotation it wouldn't be the weekend after this coming one 2/5-2/8.

I can't find the Reddit list. I hope you're right. That's the only thing I am still "chasing"

Ain't nobody got time for NFs and Shaxx bounties.

Doctrine of Passing
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1173766590

Just so happens this coming weekend it will be the reward for 7 Wins on a Trials passage. Counterbalance is the perk you want in the last slot, with Hidden Hand coming in a close or distant (depending on who you talk to) second.

Except he quit :(

I wasn't good at Trials before my time off. I can't imagine how bad I'll be now.

Drizzy quit? Had to happen eventually. Did he get burned out running GRX's toon?

Goes into control match. Takes Icebreaker for the fun of it
Gets 16 kills. 10 of them are with Icebreaker. Still usefull, still a great gun

NF x 1 done. 1 exotic engram (suros at 310) and radiant machines at 310 has reward
Infused Hung Jury and boots

Hunter at 312 withiut any raiding

WipedOut

Dedicated servers will resolve some of the issues. Their net code is still shit though.
There is no need for Dedicated Server's for PVE, I didn't even think that was a discussion.

On a side note:

PSN - Extreme Lag
XBL - Not as but but still some lag

Some of the issue you guys have been seeing is on Sony's end, I'm sorry but their Online service is ass compared to Live. Literally is night and day.

Well at least the top commenter knows what's up. The fact of the matter is that we don't want dedicated servers for PvE just PvP. Lag is much less pronounced in PvE and doesn't give one player an advantage over another like it does in PvP.

If there isn't a Destiny 2 this year I really hope Bungie builds it from the ground up again. The addition of dedicated servers for PvP would be a good inclusion. They also should improve the engine and graphics without having to consider last gen. Finally they need to revamp their terrible creation tools. The fact that it takes a day to boot up the editor to make one small change to the world is ridiculous and probably is partly to blame for the content drought.

He seems so happy. Should we tell him?

Challenge modes do give you 320 gear, but they won't give you 320 class items or ghosts. Need to do live events for those, one of which you've already missed. Even then, CM is very fickle and you probably won't get the drops you need. I've been doing them since week 1 and can't get the helmet. At all, much less 320. There's no more secrets, unless you mean secret changes to Skill Based Matchmaking which murdered the PvP Community.

Don't chase 320. Don't.

I am happy with 319. That's as close as I am getting

7YOEaV0CDydQk.gif

*snip*
Don't chase 320. Don't.

^^^^ so much this....

I wasn't good at Trials before my time off. I can't imagine how bad I'll be now.

Drizzy quit? Had to happen eventually. Did he get burned out running GRX's toon?

Trials carries killed him :/

Between two platforms and countless hours of SRL I have yet to receive 1 320 Helmet. Last week I did 5 Oryx CM last week, all 5 were 320 Primaries.

Only have 1 320 helmet from 9 Oryx CM clears. Everything else has been primary after primary, but at least I was able to get a 320 Full Auto Doom of Chelchis and a 320 Firefly Smite.

My Warlock's IB rank 5 package had a 320 helmet in it yesterday though. Now I don't have to wear that freaky Stag helmet anymore.

phen0m24

It's doable, i can play via my nexus 6p

Who are you and what are you doing here? ;) rogue penguin

Missed you guys.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

hahaha what's up dudes? You should totally
not
chase 320, PWH. Most of us
sans a few, and Drizz/Grave
gave up in the teens.

I beat the Uncharted trilogy and Diablo 3 (now The Witness)
I saw Nilla playing Division.
Everyone is finally taking Hawkian's early advice about taking breaks and getting refreshed.

And since the new CEO said we've yet to see Bungie's best work, we definitely have something to look forward to.
Hopefully maybe

And with this extended away time, you should at least be lieutenant Hudson by now, bro! :)

I beat the Uncharted trilogy and Diablo 3

yhce4.jpg

Beating the game means you can finally start the real game. (cue 'this isn't even my final form' jokes)

But seriously, Diablo has an infinite end game. And then you try out another character and see another infinity stretching out before you.

phen0m24

yhce4.jpg

Beating the game means you can finally start the real game. (cue 'this isn't even my final form' jokes)

But seriously, Diablo has an infinite end game. And then you try out another character and see another infinity stretching out before you.

I started playing again, John, I did. I made it to the first gate, then looked over at my backlog. I wasn't sure I could start a NG+ with so many uncompleted games staring at me. :( One day.

I started playing again, John, I did. I made it to the first gate, then looked over at my backlog. I wasn't sure I could start a NG+ with so many uncompleted games staring at me. :( One day.

I like to think of Diablo 3 as that game you just play forever. Like, how Destiny is in alot of aspects.(Most gametime spent in a game last year for me is deffo Destiny).

http://i.giphy.com/7YOEaV0CDydQk.gif

^^^^ so much this....

Trials carries killed him :/

Who are you and what are you doing here? ;) rogue penguin

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

hahaha what's up dudes? You should totally
not
chase 320, PWH. Most of us
sans a few, and Drizz/Grave
gave up in the teens.

I beat the Uncharted trilogy and Diablo 3 (now The Witness)
I saw Nilla playing Division.
Everyone is finally taking Hawkian's early advice about taking breaks and getting refreshed.

And since the new CEO said we've yet to see Bungie's best work, we definitely have something to look forward to.
Hopefully maybe

And with this extended away time, you should at least be lieutenant Hudson by now, bro! :)

It's been too long. I'm anxiously awaiting reviews for The Division. If it's a bit more liberal with the loot drops/customization of gear then Destiny, I think that I'll have to pick it up.

I really don't want a lot from them, just mash a couple of sets together and have a drop down fight that ends with me standing in a pool of goo that lets me pick a weapon
FB
to ascend.

Deku Tree

I was just flicking through YouTube and this came up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uImzxADTidM

Still the best Destiny PvP montage and probably the best player I've watched, halcyon days

GOAT Nghtly

Wonder why the 13 Dev's never play Tourneys... Kappa

He should stream more. Most fun player to watch for sure.

Looking at his profile here, https://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/Nghtly/14, he doesn't even really play much anymore.

GOAT Nghtly

Wonder why the 13 Dev's never play Tourneys... Kappa

Looking at his profile here, https://guardian.gg/en/profile/2/Nghtly/14, he doesn't even really play much anymore.

Last time I saw him streaming was about a month ago. He was playing zone control with Saturdaynights, Cat, Hype and some Twitch due who was trying to get him to go for a partnership

I don't think he's really arsed, Hype is the only one I see on streams nowadays. Its a shame (pun intended) as he was easily the biggest streamer for Yr1 trials

LTWood12

Last time I saw him streaming was about a month ago. He was playing zone control with Saturdaynights, Cat, Hype and some Twitch due who was trying to get him to go for a partnership

I don't think he's really arsed, Hype is the only one I see on streams nowadays. Its a shame (pun intended) as he was easily the biggest streamer for Yr1 trials

'arsed'?

Top Bottom