• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

phen0m24

That was a blast, I'm down to do that again and friday would be much better on this old ass. I feel your pain, 4 1/2 hours of sleep is just not enough.

Getch' your hot pipin' knights. Oh and shoot the shooters.

Heck yeah man. Justin and I have been playing for a little while and he really appreciated the runs too. He and his gf allowed my son to accompany them in Trials and they had fun.

Holy crap I'm beat

LTWood12

This is sexy.
c3HY13L.jpg

2 shots left for counterbalance. Might even go home during the day to do a card if i can.

Sh0k

Last day of Doctrine Train

I could start now but need a good second.

Now where the heck is that list

Is there a list to help complete the 7-0 cards for a chance to the lighthouse? Yesterday Ape and Igor carried me to get the Doctrine and I have a 7-0 card and the mercy boon still intact, this is the closest I've been to the lighthouse. Stuck at work right now, but I can get online around 7:30-8 EST.

Rehsa

^LOL

Just FYI for the guys who are playing the other D game, you can get a free PC copy if you buy a new Logitech keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Mechanical-Keyboard-920-007739/dp/B01BBKYM3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456157312&sr=8-1&keywords=g810+orion+spectrum

Uplay and not Steam though :/

Damnit phen0m24, after watching the stream last night, I cannot read any of your posts without Hank's voice being in my head. You guys were too funny to watch.

That's the truth haha, glad he finally put it as his avatar, truly the life of the party

SpecX

Damnit phen0m24, after watching the stream last night, I cannot read any of your posts without Hank's voice being in my head. You guys were too funny to watch.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
As one of the lonely few who doesn't have one, can anyone suggest a good counter to Doctrine? It would be nice to have a chance of survival against the relentless hail of bullets in Iron Banner this week. I play on XB1 which mostly rules out DGAF Doctrine trains, most of my friends list were playing The Division beta instead this weekend and I'm not that great at PvP anyway.

I don't understand this group think. When did Doctrine become some super weapon? Does anyone have any data that is superior to anything? It seems the Destiny community is susceptible to flavor of the week hype with weapons, then it gets compounded by confirmation bias. Some guns like TLW have lower time to kill (TTK) than others, but it is somewhat balanced by the poor range and hard to master hip fire. What is the doctrine promising now, fast fire rate? And? That makes it poor for range and hard to handle. Of course every gun can "shred" in the right hands.

Gun with obvious "balance" issues are TLW and Thorn.

I don't understand this group think. When did Doctrine become some super weapon? Does anyone have any data that is superior to anything? It seems the Destiny community is susceptible to flavor of the week hype with weapons, then it gets compounded by confirmation bias. Some guns like TLW have lower time to kill (TTK) than others, but it is somewhat balanced by the poor range and hard to master hip fire. What is the doctrine promising now, fast fire rate? And? That makes it poor for range and hard to handle. Of course every gun can "shred" in the right hands.

Agreed. I've run CB Doctrine the past few weeks and it's not definitely not uncounterable. TLW shreds me in close range. As do shotguns. And that's if people let me get to close range. MIDA users are my bane, since they make it so hard to close the gap.

Basically, don't let Doctrine users get close and/or have a close range response like TLW or a shotgun.

phen0m24

Thanks specX!

Wiped and I were riffing off each other more crazily the more tired we got. And poor oak we were zinging him too.

I default to Hank but do several other voices - is fun trying to keep everyone laughing :)

This morning I got some excellent news and some kind of bad news which leads to another good thing. Bad news, my car won't start so I can't go to work. That leads to me being available to help trim the Trials list down with Nami before Ape comes back.

I'll be free to be carried like a baby in about an hour :)

Last day of Doctrine Train

I could start now but need a good second.

Now where the heck is that list

Do you want to run Dark, Nami?

This morning I got some excellent news and some kind of bad news which leads to another good thing. Bad news, my car won't start so I can't go to work. That leads to me being available to help trim the Trials list down with Nami before Ape comes back.

Do you want to run Dark, Nami?

I'm ready to go anytime.

WipedOut

Thanks specX!

Wiped and I were riffing off each other more crazily the more tired we got. And poor oak we were zinging him too.

I default to Hank but do several other voices - is fun trying to keep everyone laughing :)

Man I was getting so sleep deprived I couldn't tell which way to go when we got teleported back from the shade, a couple deaths were not due to being scrubby, it quite literally was me closing my eyes for a split second while shooting the malice.

Now that's just mean.

I agree with Ruthless, that was the complete opposite of sexy.

Spoo

Kinda bored -- if anyone wants to do bountys or whatever for trials, just add reeducator (psn) / edit: just need a third

The Doctrine is TLW in AR form. With the counter balance roll you can out shoot good Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles. It's exactly what a bullet hose should be. Guns like the Necro and Hardlight are similar but you often have to fight the left to right recoil. The Doctrine is straight up and down with the best roll and melts people. On top of all that, it's a really fun gun to use.

WipedOut

You people are crazy. That armor/shader combo is baller. Go wear your fucking Gwar raid gear and your dog helmets.

Excuse me sir but I do not wear complete raid armor. Only raid gear I use for my titan are the boots and pants, Screenshots will be inbound this evening on what sexy is.

Same goes with the hunter. Not one piece of raid gear on that guy. Warlock, eh I don't have the energy, she has crap gear.

Oh and each one will be holding fakebringer! :)

nowai

I agree with that. I think Destiny's pvp right now in terms of balance with their primary weapons has been as balanced as it has ever been. Obviously snipers with such high AA are still ridiculous but once Bungie figures out a way to nerf that and really not touch anything else, then they might have the most balanced pvp since the game launched....

But this is Bungie and they will fuck something up in the next pvp patch. :p

All they need to do to balance snipers is not allow the high impact variety have quick handling.

Ie, high impact snipers should not be able to roll with snapshot, quickdraw or low zoom scopes.

It would promote use of low impact snipers and reduce to the use of the current body shot > primary meta.

Hey, I'm reeducator on psn -- I already got a Doctrine (even though it's not CB :( ), so someone else should probably take my spot today, even though I do want to go lol

I'd love to help other gaffers, but I only have a 1.03 kd, so while I'm not terrible, I am probably not what people are looking for in a helper.

Thanks for letting me know! I will remove you from the current list. Folks you haven't gotten one Doctrine are the current priority still.

For those asking about runs tonight: I hope to be doing some more runs around 6-7pm CST, but I also want to sneak in a Mercury run for myself too!

All they need to do to balance snipers is not allow the high impact variety have quick handling.

Ie, high impact snipers should not be able to roll with snapshot, quickdraw or low zoom scopes.

It would promote use of low impact snipers and reduce to the use of the current body shot > primary meta.

I use a low impact sniper rifle and found it very viable, but! Year 2 low impacts aren't nearly as good as Year 1. Why? Magazine size & reserve ammo. My Glass Promontory has 4 rounds in it, same as 1kYS. Considering how double taps are very viable, I burn through ammo much faster than 1kYS users, but I have the same number of rounds.

Maybe that's balance, I dunno. I can't revive snipe with it, so it'd be nice to have a few more rounds.

This is beauty:

CbD1xKmWwAEPLHn.jpg

Edit: I went all in on my Trials love and infused all my 320 stuff into my Trials gear. My light is now 319.

Matt Frost

This is sexy.
c3HY13L.jpg

Nice pose, will try to get a screenshot of my Titan wearing her FWC armor when I get home

Edit: That is the girl Titan version of the New Monarchy armor right? Looks great (except the legs that look like the boots from Osiris, I dont like those)

Matt Frost

Yeah the infinite lines stuff is really cool.

It's the Crucible Handler gauntlets and chest armor. Osiris boots.

Infinite Lines FTW, I saw it, I needed it... to get rid of the ugly raid armor that looked like a Rhinoceros with ugly gauntlets. Man except the Warlock chest and Hunter helmet the rest are way too ugly to be weared, everything for the raid are infuse material. Long gone are the days of Crota awesome titan armor... that was cool

And those shoulder thing on the gauntlets should mean more painful shoulder charge, like the FWC one, or like the FWC Titan boots with blades, should enhance damage lol

Is there a list to help complete the 7-0 cards for a chance to the lighthouse? Yesterday Ape and Igor carried me to get the Doctrine and I have a 7-0 card and the mercy boon still intact, this is the closest I've been to the lighthouse. Stuck at work right now, but I can get online around 7:30-8 EST.

The plan was to try to get some folks (prioritizing mercury virgins i guess) with 7-0 cards to mercury but it might not be viable. Not with such few helpers. We'd need twilight to come back and do a marathon with drizz but he's not around. I'll only be able to begin playing like 3 hours from now and i wont have much time either.

Acidote

Back home. Time to get those remaining games done for the bounty.

The plan was to try to get some folks (prioritizing mercury virgins i guess) with 7-0 cards to mercury but it might not be viable. Not with such few helpers. We'd need twilight to come back and do a marathon with drizz but he's not around. I'll only be able to begin playing like 3 hours from now and i wont have much time either.

You guys are doing great. I'll just try to get to Mercury the next time.

Namikaze1

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

Shinigami no Mori - ShinigamiFrost

Sky Walker - skywalker_3li

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski

PSN Felyx

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

thelongdarkriverofhell - darkistheway

Shinigami no Mori - ShinigamiFrost

LTWood12 - LTWood12(2nd run)

Sky Walker - skywalker_3li

BlindMonkey

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski

PSN Felyx

Hey Namikaze, I am at work and won't be on until 8pm-ish EST tonight. Can I get on the train then?

LTWood12

This is beauty:

CbD1xKmWwAEPLHn.jpg

Edit: I went all in on my Trials love and infused all my 320 stuff into my Trials gear. My light is now 319.

I'll be honest. Not really feeling it.

If we're talking year two armor aesthetics, my dusty space cowboy Warlock is my favorite overall look.

CbJBLqrUMAAx5aR.jpg:large

Rad.

So what specifically don't people like about my look? I think the gauntlets and chest armor are fantastic, but can see how the boots sort of look like weird rodeo chaps with shin guards.

Matt Frost

So what specifically don't people like about my look? I think the gauntlets and chest armor are fantastic, but can see how the boots sort of look like weird rodeo chaps with shin guards.

Boots are ugly, the rest of the Osiris armor is fantastic but the legs... nope.

And for your armor, I like it... but how is the helmet?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The Doctrine is TLW in AR form. With the counter balance roll you can out shoot good Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles. It's exactly what a bullet hose should be. Guns like the Necro and Hardlight are similar but you often have to fight the left to right recoil. The Doctrine is straight up and down with the best roll and melts people. On top of all that, it's a really fun gun to use.

You make it sound like counterbalance is the reason it "melts", you can have counterbalance on many guns. It's still an AR, it will suck are anything med-long range. Does anyone have any TtK numbers? Is it less than 0.8 secs?

Top Bottom