• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Sh0k

The plan was to try to get some folks (prioritizing mercury virgins i guess) with 7-0 cards to mercury but it might not be viable. Not with such few helpers. We'd need twilight to come back and do a marathon with drizz but he's not around. I'll only be able to begin playing like 3 hours from now and i wont have much time either.

Thanks, I will ask when Im of work to see if there is somebody helping getting virgins to the lighthouse. If not there is always next time.

WipedOut

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

thelongdarkriverofhell - darkistheway

Shinigami no Mori - ShinigamiFrost

LTWood12 - LTWood12(2nd run)

Sky Walker - skywalker_3li

BlindMonkey

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski

PSN Felyx

Might want to rethink LT's second run after posting what he calls sexy. Lol

SpecX

This is sexy.
c3HY13L.jpg

2 shots left for counterbalance. Might even go home during the day to do a card if i can.

Love the color combo, what shader are you using there? I assume it's one of the NM ones since that's their theme. At first I was pursuing dark shaders, but eventually preferred the red and white color shaders.

You make it sound like counterbalance is the reason it "melts", you can have counterbalance on many guns. It's still an AR, it will suck are anything med-long range. Does anyone have any TtK numbers? Is it less than 0.8 secs?

Counter Balance is the reason you can take on people at long range. Without it you need to be much closer. With it, you can easily challenge and win against people with Pulses, Scouts, and even Snipers(if they're a bad shot).

I'm not saying it's the be all end all gun, but it's a lot of fun you use and easily my favorite legendary gun in TTK.

Sky Walker

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

BlindMonkey

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski

PSN Felyx

Could you put my round for the last ? I'll be late.

Kyoufu

Machine Gun ammo needs a nerf in Crucible. Big nerf.

3 v 3 playlists tend to be a case of grabbing heavy and snowballing MGs with Supers. The opposition has no chance.

Frenden

Banned
I'm not sure why there's a backlash to CB D this morning, haha. No one is saying it's the BEST gun ever, but it is a very good one. :p

It's got a very low TTK and melts at close to medium range. It's a good alternative to TLW for people that either a) don't like TLW or b) want to free up an exotic slot. In an era where sometimes TLW shots are lost to bloom RNG, Doctrine is a fine substitute that offers more consistency. It has neither the highest peaks of amazing plays of TLW nor the valleys--sometimes losing the valleys is worth losing the peaks.

It's one flaw (recoil) is largely mitigated by Counterbalance. In the same way that one can get used to taming the up-up-up recoil of TLW, you can learn to compensate for T R U C K E R L A W by holding down on the right stick until Persistence kicks in.

It's effective at longer rangers than it should be, but it's primarily a rushdown or shottie defense weapon. Once you get some practice controlling the recoil with it, you can engage at medium+ range and challenge most scouts and pulses--Ape is great at this. He uses his CB D at longer ranges than I see most able to effectively. His streams over the weekend are, like, tens of hours of examples of how Doctrine is surprisingly decent at long-ish ranges.

Luis_23

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

BlindMonkey

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski

PSN Felyx

Namikaze, I'm at work until 5 PM CST, would you be good to go then? Also, I only need 2 wins. I appreciate the help!

Edit: I'm Felyx

It's got a very low TTK and melts at close to medium range. It's a good alternative to TLW for people that either a) don't like TLW or b) want to free up an exotic slot. In an era where sometimes TLW shots are lost to bloom RNG, Doctrine is a fine substitute that offers more consistency. It has neither the highest peaks of amazing plays of TLW nor the valleys--sometimes losing the valleys is worth losing the peaks.

It's one flaw (recoil) is largely mitigated by Counterbalance. In the same way that one can get used to taming the up-up-up recoil of TLW, you can learn to compensate for T R U C K E R L A W by holding down on the right stick until Persistence kicks in.

It's effective at longer rangers than it should be, but it's primarily a rushdown or shottie defense weapon.

Nailed it. There hasn't been an AR this effective in quite a while.

Namikaze1

We lost to gen-e-us. Won 3 rounds though. That one round though where I tethered all 3 of them and killed them will forever be my greatest trials moment.

Frenden

Banned
We lost to gen-e-us. Won 3 rounds though. That one round though where I tethered all 3 of them and killed them will forever be my greatest trials moment.

That shit was so clutch I shifted into second.

Gen-e-us was obviously good and they weren't bad teammates either. They rushed when they had to and played pretty smart. Hard team.

Namikaze1

I'll post the match later. Moment I saw that name, I knew we were fucked. But damn, I'm not salty about the lost at all. That goddamn tether was just too damn good.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm not sure why there's a backlash to CB D this morning, haha. No one is saying it's the BEST gun ever, but it is a very good one. :p

It's effective at longer rangers than it should be, but it's primarily a rushdown or shottie defense weapon. Once you get some practice controlling the recoil with it, you can engage at medium+ range and challenge most scouts and pulses--Ape is great at this. He uses his CB D at longer ranges than I see most able to effectively. His streams over the weekend are, like, tens of hours of examples of how Doctrine is surprisingly decent at long-ish ranges.

I'm just trying to find data. According the the database it has horrible range, bad stability and average aim assist. Obviously the fast firing rate is what makes it lethal, but I'm a scientist so I trying to separate fact from fiction. People will always read "xxx is the best PvP weapon!", then get one and get some kills and repeat what they read. It's human nature. But if you replaced the Doctrine with Righteousness VII or Paleocontact and the same perks and then had people post how it melts, would everyone jump on the bandwagon? I guess you can't really farm other legionaries in the same way, so maybe that is half of it?

Strictly by the numbers, TLW has like half the TtK of the Doctrine, if the 0.80-0.86sec for the Doctrine is accurate.

Frenden

Banned
I'm just trying to find data. According the the database it has horrible range, bad stability and average aim assist. Obviously the fast firing rate is what makes it lethal, but I'm a scientist so I trying to separate fact from fiction. People will always read "xxx is the best PvP weapon!", then get one and get some kills and repeat what they read. It's human nature. But if you replaced the Doctrine with Righteousness VII or Paleocontact and the same perks and then had people post how it melts, would everyone jump on the bandwagon? I guess you can't really farm other legionaries in the same way, so maybe that is half of it?

Strictly by the numbers, TLW has like half the TtK of the Doctrine, if the 0.80-0.86sec for the Doctrine is accurate.

You do realize that Righteousness and Paleocontact aren't even the same impact tier as Doctrine, right? :p Only Doctrine and Arminus are Y2 autos in this impact class.

How often have you hit two hipfire headshots for TLW with AgBalls on in Y2? Almost no one runs AgBalls and the optimal TTK is seldom achieved with TLW. Again, peaks and valleys. We're speaking from a place of data, not anecdotes. Most of us are intimately familiar with the ttks of the different weapons/impact classes.

I was solely a TLW/snipe guy before Y2. I'm not anti-TLW. But without AgBalls and hitting two hipfire headshots, the super low ttk creeps up quickly. Add in the RNG bloom and you have to unload a full clip at someone to take them down often. I'm not saying Doctrine is strictly better or worse. It's an alternative that is very effective when used properly. TLW is also very effective when used properly.

Doctrine TTK is 1 sec I think, Arminus D is .82

Same impact class. Same ttk.

Axoman

Big thanks to you guys on PS4 helping people get Doctrines, great community here!

Got my second Doctrine last night with rodeo to go with the counter balance drop I got the night before.

We had a to beat a team of 3x Sunsingers for our 7th win, which was an interesting match. For the first match, we were playing very cautious watching out for the firebolt spam and the sunsingers stayed around their spawn just about the entire round until we started to push. The firebolts overpowered us and we lost the first round. Second round came down to them camping in their spawn again, but we pushed in and were able to win the round. We all ended up switching to shotguns and started rushing each round after it was apparent they were just going to camp in their spawn. They didn't know what to do and couldn't handle our rushing, we ended up beating them 5-1. All three of us got the same rodeo Doctrine.

For our 8th match, we got paired up with a very laggy red bar team. Even though the team didn't seem all that great, they were able to secure the win. We probably should have beat them, but man is lag like that hard to overcome. They really need to loosen up on the win matching in the later rounds and focus on securing more fair games by giving connection the priority.

Pretty crazy weekend in trials though. Friday night, played with two strong guys where I was obviously the weakest player and we would either get destroyed the first couple matches or easily make it 5 wins to only hit a brick wall and not make it further. Saturday night, I play with a team where I say we were all closer in skill and make it to Mercury. Then last night, played with Zoso Achilles, who was our strongest by far and another gaffer that doesn't post much, but he and I being close in skill and make it to 7 wins pretty easily only to get stopped by the laggy teams.

Big thanks to you guys on PS4 helping people get Doctrines, great community here!

Got my second Doctrine last night with rodeo to go with the counter balance drop I got the night before.

We had a to beat a team of 3x Sunsingers for our 7th win, which was an interesting match. For the first match, we were playing very cautious watching out for the firebolt spam and the sunsingers stayed around their spawn just about the entire round until we started to push. The firebolts overpowered us and we lost the first round. Second round came down to them camping in their spawn again, but we pushed in and were able to win the round. We all ended up switching to shotguns and started rushing each round after it was apparent they were just going to camp in their spawn. They didn't know what to do and couldn't handle our rushing, we ended up beating them 5-1. All three of us got the same rodeo Doctrine.

For our 8th match, we got paired up with a very laggy red bar team. Even though the team didn't seem all that great, they were able to secure the win. We probably should have beat them, but man is lag like that hard to overcome. They really need to loosen up on the win matching in the later rounds and focus on securing more fair games by giving connection the priority.

Pretty crazy weekend in trials though. Friday night, played with two strong guys where I was obviously the weakest player and we would either get destroyed the first couple matches or easily make it 5 wins to only hit a brick wall and not make it further. Saturday night, I play with a team where I say we were all closer in skill and make it to Mercury. Then last night, played with Zoso Achilles, who was our strongest by far and another gaffer that doesn't post much, but he and I being close in skill and make it to 7 wins pretty easily only to get stopped by the laggy teams.

Now you can help get me a doctrine tonight!! If you're playing of course. Didn't get to play much outside of the runs with dummy and iceman on Friday.

Auto correct changing dmh to dummy. Haha. I'll just leave it like that.

WeTeHa

Finally maxed out sunsinger... only missing stormcaller now to have all 9 subclasses maxed. Hopefully the iron banner xp makes that easier.

Frenden

Banned
Doctrine TTK is 1 sec I think, Arminus D is .82

Edit here's the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7FV9l4hXo2tHD3XlFUp854XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/htmlview#gid=0

Doctrine .93 Arminus can be as low as .80

The spreadsheet is wrong. Before TTK dropped Doctrine was listed as a different impact tier. It belongs to the same impact tier as Arminus and Doctor Nope which both have the lower ttk of .80.

Exo's sheet has had some data problems for a while that need fixing.

Frenden

Banned
How can they possibly be different?

See above post. The spreadsheet is wrong. The Trials guns were in data limbo and used old, datamined stats for a while after TTK dropped. Remember when they paused Trials for a bit? People were posting datasets with pre-release stats in the time after TTK launch but before Trials started back up.

Doctrine was listed with the wrong impact tier ttks and the Trials pulse was listed as a high impact tier too. It was later changed to a medium tier ala-Nirwens and Doctrine was revealed to be a bullet hose AR.

It and Arminus are the only Y2 bullet hoses, so far.

phen0m24

Gen-e-us 5-0'd the next 2 teams after us, then 5-1 the one after.

Watch him stream sometime. He's so cool. He praises the scrub teammates and everything, does karaoke when they go to Mercury with "We are the Champions" and his iconic "Let's gooooooooo!" is great. Hoping he'll play with us when we IB. Dawn wants to roll with us again.

Frenden

Banned
Watch him stream sometime. He's so cool. He praises the scrub teammates and everything, does karaoke when they go to Mercury with "We are the Champions" and his iconic "Let's gooooooooo!" is great. Hoping he'll play with us when we IB. Dawn wants to roll with us again.

He seems nice. I followed him the other day.

Chatted some with Drizz about Trials over the weekend, and he pointed out that one of the reasons why it's so exciting, especially for newcomers, is that there's so much room to improve. I've definitely noticed how good it's felt to improve week over week, yet even now I'm still the weakest link with my Trials group.

So in that spirit of self-improvement, here are some things I learned this weekend:
  • To pay attention to friends movements, just as much as enemies.
    Ape needed help in an engagement, so I charged in and engaged, and stayed engaged when a 2nd enemy showed up, but Ape was still one shot and had to disengage. I didn't notice that so I got gunned down and the enemy got the revive.
  • To learn to move unexpectedly toward orbs to revive.
    Ape was down in a door way, and I sprinted in. I had fast revive and the enemy started tagging me in the last few feet. I thought I'd be fine, but died. Ape very politely pointed out that if I had slid, I would have survived and got the rez.
Things I need to work on:
  • Calling the play.
    I'm spoiled playing with Ape, because he's great at calling out the strategy for the round. I don't need my every move dictated, but if I know how the team's strategy I know how I can pitch in. I had a lot of trouble trying to do that for my other teams during the weekend.
  • Learning how far to push when being aggressive
    My K/D is 1.1 and I'm pulling that up, but I trade way more often than I like when I try to be aggressive. One instance is that I threw a lightning grenade in the Warehouse heavy and popped two of them. So I charged in, but I only got one before the other killed me. They they got the rez and my team was down an orb.
  • Learning to prioritize "living another day"
    I rewatched some of my matches with Igor and it was pretty eye opening how he only took engagements he knew he could win. The number of 1v3s he won are good evidence about how important this can be. Seriously, watch that clip and pay attention to which engagements he takes and which he doesn't.
  • Collapsing on orbs better.
    I had a single round with 8 kills. That feels good to get that many kills, but as Drizz pointed out, high kill rounds means you're not locking down orbs very well.
I learn a lot more from my failures than my successes. :p

There are a lot of Trials newbies this weekend, so I hope other people get some use out of this. Even if nobody does, it helped me laying it all out.

WipedOut

Now you can help get me a doctrine tonight!! If you're playing of course. Didn't get to play much outside of the runs with dummy and iceman on Friday.

Auto correct changing dmh to dummy. Haha. I'll just leave it like that.

the first one was right ;)

Counterbalance hype is real. It's not the end all be all gun for every map, but when you're up close and personal the thing just shreds.

Any car aficionados?

So, I have 0 knowledge about cars. If my car won't start ( i had the trunk cracked open over night on accident), but the radio still works, what does that mean??

Top Bottom