• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SpecX

Amalthea (NM)

Thanks! I think I’m still missing that one. What rank did you get it if you remember?

Edit: Doctrine Topper

CYgfbhdWEAADrxv.jpg

Huge thanks to Nami and xplicitone for the carry! Was really fun and I didn't feel like a total tool the whole time :)

Realized about the fifth match that Nami was streaming and had to fight off a bit of stage fright.

So happy to get a CB Doctrine!

Frenden

Banned
Any car aficionados?

So, I have 0 knowledge about cars. If my car won't start ( i had the trunk cracked open over night on accident), but the radio still works, what does that mean??

If your trunk has a light, the battery is probably low. It can be too low to start, but still work the radio. Stop using the radio and making it worse. Jump the car with jumper cables and it should be fine.

If a car ain't starting, it either ain't making fire (outta gas), ain't making spark to start the fire, or ain't getting charge (battery is dead). Unless something bigger is wrong.

Source: Am not the moooost super knowledgeable car guy, but I played one on TV.

Chatted some with Drizz about Trials over the weekend, and he point out that one of the reasons why it's so exciting, especially for newcomers, is that there's so much room to improve. I've definitely noticed how good it's felt to improve week over week, yet even now I'm still the weakest link with my Trials group.

So in that spirit of self-improvement, here are some things I learned this weekend:
  • To pay attention to friends movements, just as much as enemies.
    Ape needed help in an engagement, so I charged in and engaged, and stayed engaged when a 2nd enemy showed up, but Ape was still one shot and had to disengage. I didn't notice that so I got gunned down and the enemy got the revive.
  • To learn to move unexpectedly toward orbs to revive.
    Ape was down in a door way, and I sprinted in. I had fast revive and the enemy started tagging me in the last few feet. I thought I'd be fine, but died. Ape very politely pointed out that if I had slid, I would have survived and got the rez.
Things I need to work on:
  • Calling the play.
    I'm spoiled playing with Ape, because he's great at calling out the strategy for the round. I don't need my every move dictated, but if I know how the team's strategy I know how I can pitch in. I had a lot of trouble trying to do that for my other teams during the weekend.
  • Learning how far to push when being aggressive
    My K/D is 1.1 and I'm pulling that up, but I trade way more often than I like when I try to be aggressive. One instance is that I threw a lightning grenade in the Warehouse heavy and popped two of them. So I charged in, but I only got one before the other killed me. They they got the rez and my team was down an orb.
  • Learning to prioritize "living another day"
    I rewatched some of my matches with Igor and it was pretty eye opening how he only took engagements he knew he could win. The number of 1v3s he won are good evidence about how important this can be. Seriously, watch that clip and see which engagements he takes and which he doesn't.
  • Collapsing on orbs better.
    I had a single round with 8 kills. That feels good to get that many kills, but as Drizz pointed out, high round kills means you're not locking down orbs very well.
I learn a lot more from my failures than my successes. :p

There are a lot of Trials newbies this weekend, so I hope other people get some use out of this. Even if nobody does, it helped me laying it all out.

Love this post. You are so eloquent with your writting John. I am very jealous. You should consider a personal Destiny PvP blog.

I just want to add one of the biggest changes I've made to my game is movement/disengaging a firefight I can't win. We've all faced that one guy that never seemed to go down and would always just slip away. Become that guy. Learning to know when to pull back and recover your health. It's helped me a ton.

Another thing Drizz talks about is, "If I die, where will my orb be? Is that a good spot for a revive? Or is it a dangerous spot for a revive?" That mentality helps me consider if I should go for the kill or not go for the kill.

Love this post. You are so eloquent with your writting John. I am very jealous. You should consider a personal Destiny PvP blog.

I just want to add one of the biggest changes I've made to my game is movement/disengaging a firefight I can't win. We've all faced that one guy that never seemed to go down and would always just slip away. Become that guy. Learning to know when to pull back and recover your health. It's helped me a ton.

Another thing Drizz talks about is, "If I die, where will my orb be? Is that a good spot for a revive? Or is it a dangerous spot for a revive?" That mentality helps me consider if I should go for the kill or not go for the kill.
Disengaging is the one thing I know will totally change my game. It runs contrary to my play style so it is a real challenge. Should tape a note to the tv reminding me.

Anybody want to play 3 trials matches to finish off my gold bounty?

WipedOut

Any car aficionados?

So, I have 0 knowledge about cars. If my car won't start ( i had the trunk cracked open over night on accident), but the radio still works, what does that mean??
If you're getting power but won't turn over it could be the starter. Is it making any noises at all when turning the key?

Edit: what frenden said.

phen0m24

Honestly sounds like Kill Confirmed from CoD. Think about where your orb/tags will end up.
Good stuff guys!

Finally did the Crota and Kings fall raids last night thanks to the subreddit destinysherpa. I recommend checking it out for fellow xbox players who are having a hard time finding enough people on here to get a group going.

Iceman829

Despite your insults I should be up for a few runs...

Now you can help get me a doctrine tonight!! If you're playing of course. Didn't get to play much outside of the runs with dummy and iceman on Friday.

Auto correct changing dmh to dummy. Haha. I'll just leave it like that.

We would've had those doctrines Friday night if you followed my directions. We were up 3-0 in that match on our win card. The tunnel is not to be confused with the middle building. Monday nights are the absolute worst to play on. I'll just go back to not playing trials. All my pvp friends quit the game a year ago and the best time I can focus for trials in the weekend afternoons when no one plays. I'll just stick to IB.

Thanks for the complement, man. I may very well start a blog.

And that's some great advice, from both you and Drizz. Thanks for sharing.

Two Doctrines with CB has dropped so far today.

I *really* want a total # of CB vs # of everything else when you're done.

If your trunk has a light, the battery is probably low. It can be too low to start, but still work the radio. Stop using the radio and making it worse. Jump the car with jumper cables and it should be fine.

If a car ain't starting, it either ain't making fire (outta gas), ain't making spark to start the fire, or ain't getting charge (battery is dead). Unless something bigger is wrong.

Source: Am not the moooost super knowledgeable car guy, but I played one on TV.

If you're getting power but won't turn over it could be the starter. Is it making any noises at all when turning the key?

Edit: what frenden said.

Nice, thanks!

Would anyone on ps4 be able to help me with Thalnok for the quest? I have an Antiquated Rune but not done him before. Happy to help with something in return.

Kyoufu

First day was RAAAAGEFinder. Second day was a lot of Rodeo. I wonder if the RNG seed has any basis on time of day/date.

I waited until Nami and Ape said they haven't seen a CB drop in a while so I thought hey, it's due to drop so yeah, it did.

I still don't like the gun though. TLW <3

Axoman

the first one was right ;)

Counterbalance hype is real. It's not the end all be all gun for every map, but when you're up close and personal the thing just shreds.

I have an Arminus with counterbalance and braced frame and I'd say it's pretty darn close to Doctrine with counterbalance. It of course has more vertical recoil than a CB Doctrine, but it's controllable. The Arminus takes a little more right stick movement.

I'd say if you have the same Arminus, it was a Gunsmith roll a while back, you are very close to having a CB Doctrine.

I need to rank up my rodeo Doctrine to see how it compares.

Top Bottom