• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Frenden

Banned
So Rodeo > CB ?

No. It's easier to control the perfectly vertical recoil provided by CB than the bouncing all around, but slightly less vertical recoil of Rodeo.

The recoil pattern of a non-CB Doctrine is pretty loosey goosey, so the consistency that CB gives is pretty important.

Without CB, it's pretty unpredictable, even with half the vertical recoil.

images

Edit: Top of page T R U C K E R L A W H Y P E. And I have no idea what this image is supposed to mean, but it comes up when you type trucker law into Google image search.

phen0m24

No. It's easier to control the perfectly vertical recoil provided by CB than the bouncing all around, but slightly less vertical recoil of Rodeo.

The recoil pattern of a non-CB Doctrine is pretty loosey goosey, so the consistency that CB gives is pretty important.

Without CB, it's pretty unpredictable, even with half the vertical recoil.

Let us conduct experiments.

Rodeo plus braced frame, breh

ich00

I got 2 CB and one with rodeo. I think out of the 10 that dropped while I played 5 or 6 had CB, including the adept one my brother pulled from the chest.

Frenden

Banned
B the way, there are other guns with the same firing rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgdQZIBK-A

The Arminius can be an arms day package.

I mentioned Arminus in my posts, but thanks for sharing.

Gunsmith sold it once, offered a Counterbalance/Braced roll once.

Common opinion is that it's nearly the same as Doctrine, but much harder to get and lacking the ability to roll Counter, Braced, and Persistence at the same time, so maaaybe slightly worse.

I got the Doctrine with rodeo. After a couple of matches I was able to make it work for me. I manage to go positive during those matches, so far I'm enjoying it.

Lets do a Mercury run tonight. Perhaps your CB Doctrine awaits at the Lighthouse.
Fingers crossed. Send me a message on PSN whenever you want to run tonight. I'm up for it whenever.

All I want out of this game anymore is the Darkblade Helm. Only seen one drop, for a friend.
I dismantled my only one yesterday. Had to use it to as infusion material.

Have yet to ever see a Taniks cloak drop for my Hunter.

LTWood12

I still haven't gotten:
Taniks Cloak
Grasp
Void Flayer
Solar Flayer

I think that's it. I've gotten a bunch of Baron's Ambitions but they all had shitty rolls.

embalm

So this is my second week of playing trials. Holy shit do I have a long way to go. Last week our team was pulling 2 to 3 wins a ticket. This weekend we were lucky to get 1. I've been trying a few different load outs.
  • The Last Word + 1KYS: I just got the last word and it's a lot of fun to use for the rapid hip fire. In Trials I was getting crushed. (My jolly holiday quest fell from 40% to 0% within a single ticket)
  • Mida + Party Crasher: A scout rifle and shotgun has been my go to load out since I started playing the game. I've very comfortable with this setup, but my head shots with the Mida are unreliable at best.

I want to reach Mercury and I fully believe I am capable, but I need to get better.

Is there any place to get some more tips on how to PvP? For those familiar with Hearthstone, I'm looking for the Trump Teaches of Destiny.

My map knowledge is incredibly small. So are there map guides or anything like that?

JohnOfMars' post was straight up amazing. I want more of that! Where can I find it?

Deku Tree

You can only run the same strike/raid over and over for so long before you get burnt out.

It''s not even that I'm burnt out, it's just boring. Need a new side chic.

I also feel the "new content" for PvE players there gonna give us in March or April is just gonna be grind the same old content over and Over again for higher LL numbers and no substantially new PvE thing. Nerf doctrine and create some other OP weapon archetype for people to chase. And some new $5-10 dances.

(Does a desperate "me too, me too" wave) :p

me me me! :D

This would actually be a full run not a carry. As I said a few pages back, the last two matches on any card are difficult, even for a seasoned Trials team. I'm also not confident enough to carry folks to Mercury. Getting someone 7 wins is much easier and much more forgiving. I will probably only have time to run folks who haven't gotten a Doctrine yet and a personal Mercury run tonight. Sorry guys!

Fingers crossed. Send me a message on PSN whenever you want to run tonight. I'm up for it whenever.

Will do.

Namikaze1

What the fuck happened?! I had a full bar previous round. I go to do my super and it says I have 75% instead of a full bar. I died and next round shows I have a full bar.

LTWood12

I also feel the "new content" for PvE players there gonna give us in March or April is just gonna be grind the same old content over and Over again for higher LL numbers and no substantially new PvE thing. Nerf doctrine and create some other OP weapon archetype for people to chase.

^it will most definitely be this. really hope they don't nerf hoses though. I want a year 2 Nechrocasm w/ this meta.

Axoman

I mentioned Arminus in my posts, but thanks for sharing.

Gunsmith sold it once, offered a Counterbalance/Braced roll once.

Common opinion is that it's nearly the same as Doctrine, but much harder to get and lacking the ability to roll Counter, Braced, and Persistence at the same time, so maaaybe slightly worse.

I posted my thoughts on the previous page, but comparing my CB/Braced Frame Arminus to CB Doctrine, they are pretty close. Arminus just takes a little more stick to control due to lack of Persistence.

This would actually be a full run not a carry. As I said a few pages back, the last two matches on any card are difficult, even for a seasoned Trials team. I'm also not confident enough to carry folks to Mercury. Getting someone 7 wins is much easier and much more forgiving. I will probably only have time to run folks who haven't gotten a Doctrine yet and a personal Mercury run tonight. Sorry guys!

Will do.

Aw, thats ok. I am totally grateful for the help to get my doc yesterday anyways!

It just seems a shame to waste a card with 7 wins and a mercy left, so I have to find a way to try. I will find someone I am sure, even if we crash and burn, it's not wasted. all good!

So this is my second week of playing trials. Holy shit do I have a long way to go. Last week our team was pulling 2 to 3 wins a ticket. This weekend we were lucky to get 1. I've been trying a few different load outs.
  • The Last Word + 1KYS: I just got the last word and it's a lot of fun to use for the rapid hip fire. In Trials I was getting crushed. (My jolly holiday quest fell from 40% to 0% within a single ticket)
  • Mida + Party Crasher: A scout rifle and shotgun has been my go to load out since I started playing the game. I've very comfortable with this setup, but my head shots with the Mida are unreliable at best.

I want to reach Mercury and I fully believe I am capable, but I need to get better.

Is there any place to get some more tips on how to PvP? For those familiar with Hearthstone, I'm looking for the Trump Teaches of Destiny.

My map knowledge is incredibly small. So are there map guides or anything like that?

JohnOfMars' post was straight up amazing. I want more of that! Where can I find it?
Map knowledge is huge in Destiny because of the emphasis on CQC and sniper lanes.

r/CruciblePlaybook usually has a call out map for each week of Trials.

Keep reading posts here. There are some really good players.

Top Bottom