• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

If there's a train going and you need passengers, I am game. Got 1 doctrine but no CB

Would like to join the club, but don't want to take up space for those who haven't got any

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

Shinigami no Mori - ShinigamiFrost

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski

PSN Felyx

Light_Knight_Sky

Nicodemic

sturgboski (won't be on till 8PM EST)

Felyx (won't be on till after 5PM CST)

Xeroblade, are you around? If not, ShinigamiFrost? We have 3 more wins left for this card

embalm

Map knowledge is huge in Destiny because of the emphasis on CQC and sniper lanes.

r/CruciblePlaybook usually has a call out map for each week of Trials.

Keep reading posts here. There are some really good players.
Thanks for the tips.

Map knowledge is legit. I played a lot of IB Rift and got pretty familiar with 4 or 5 of those maps. I didn't think much of it, but my wins and KDs are much better on those maps. So I've been focusing a lot on learning the maps in Trials both this week and last week.

Rift was actually excellent as a map learning tool. At times I really got to explore the entire map looking while running or looking for runners. Exploration in Trials is a little less forgiving.

Thanks for the tips.

Map knowledge is legit. I played a lot of IB Rift and got pretty familiar with 4 or 5 of those maps. I didn't think much of it, but my wins and KDs are much better on those maps. So I've been focusing a lot on learning the maps in Trials both this week and last week.

Rift was actually excellent as a map learning tool. At times I really got to explore the entire map looking while running or looking for runners. Exploration in Trials is a little less forgiving.

Play inferno. You have to be much more map aware

The Biggy/Inapplicable train is up http://www.twitch.tv/biggy70686

Drizzay said something about not using super when you're low on health, I sent that message to this guy :p

o2vZQz.gif

Theorry

Really like to play with my old skool red hand again. Sure its not as good as in Year 1 but after the little buff again its really good.

Tri4

I had an Eyasluna drop with Rifled and Hidden Hand. It hits the HC range cap at 62 and feels so good. It makes me miss Hawkmoon even more.
How often is hawkmoon able to 2 tap now? Before the nerf it seemed pretty frequent, though it's been a while.

Also I'm jealous of that roll. I rarely ever get rifled barrel let alone both those perks. I did manage an imago loop with sureshot and rifled though.

Frenden

Banned
How often is hawkmoon able to 2 tap now? Before the nerf it seemed pretty frequent, though it's been a while.

I'm not 100% because of the changes to AgBalls on top of the changes to LitC that are specific to HM, but I think you have to have two headshots with one being a LitC. It doesn't seem to happen often.

I really am not sure, though, because I never bothered to use it much or research it after the last nerf. It felt so bad.

Also I'm jealous of that roll. I rarely ever get rifled barrel let alone both those perks. I did manage an imago loop with sureshot and rifled though.

It feels so good. The roll has Sureshot, Hidden Hand, and BOTH Rifled and Reinforced in the middle column, so I choose between less stability or less reload (I opt for less reload).

Roll:

CbhoVT0UUAEGLsf.jpg

Best hand cannon I've used in Y2. Feels like a Y1 gun.

Highwind

Anyone wanna try helping me get to 5 wins on my Titan? Would like the trials boot.

If it goes well we could try for another Doctrine but I mainly want the boots.

I've also given up on flawless on my Hunter so I need to complete 4 matches for Gold Tier.

We're running shinigami now: Next in line is Nicodemic, then:

Xerobiade - XeRoBlaDe

Psn spaaaaaaaaace___

killerbee40

sturgboski (won't be on till 8PM EST)

PSN Felyx (won't be on till after 5PM CST)

TylerDurden

Damage fall off visualized for Doctrine of Passing:

TL;DR: Use OEG Rifle Sight + Braced Frame if you don't mind the (somewhat) cluttered sight.

No thanks. Also, this would carry more weight if the tests were done in the crucible with comparisons of the times to kill due to the damage drop off.

ocean

Banned
The thing with Hawkmoon is that it got hit by a lot of things at once. The Hawkmoon specific fox wasn't too bad. The thing is, Aggressive Ballistics - which everybody used - was nerfed too. Luck in the Chamber, which defines the weapon, was nerfed. Hammer Forged was nerfed. And then Hand Cannons as a weapon type were nerfed.

So basically Hawkmoon itself was nerfed along with its weapon class and every single one of the perks on its tree. The fact that the thing is still good (but not top tier) despite being hit so hard from all sides speaks volumes to how amazing the concept behind it is.

Tri4

I'm not 100% because of the changes to AgBalls on top of the changes to LitC that are specific to HM, but I think you have to have two headshots with one being a LitC. It doesn't seem to happen often.

I really am not sure, though, because I never bothered to use it much or research it after the last nerf. It felt so bad.

It feels so good. The roll has Sureshot, Hidden Hand, and BOTH Rifled and Reinforced in the middle column, so I choose between less stability or less reload (I opt for less reload).

Roll:

CbhoVT0UUAEGLsf.jpg

Best hand cannon I've used in Y2. Feels like a Y1 gun.
Damn, you're one lucky guy, congrats. That's literally the ultimate HC roll I've been looking for.

As for hawkmoon, I guess I should dig a little more. I forgot that if you use another ballistic instead of aggressive, you get a serviceable range stat so if aggressive is no longer viable then at least we'd have that extra range.

Highwind

Anyone wanna try helping me get to 5 wins on my Titan? Would like the trials boot.

If it goes well we could try for another Doctrine but I mainly want the boots.

I've also given up on flawless on my Hunter so I need to complete 4 matches for Gold Tier.

Repost.

Well Frenden ya got me to use my eyasluna with hidden hand and reinforced barrel. Never really tried it in crucible so let's see how this goes.

Top Bottom