• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Ghost shells need to be removed from crucible weekly rewards. They are never a helpful light level and the perks aren't noticeable enough to make one preferable to another.

Ghost shells need to be removed from crucible weekly rewards. They are never a helpful light level and the perks aren't noticeable enough to make one preferable to another.

Yup. It was great that they gave ghost shells a role, stats, etc.

I don't think they have really taken advantage of them in a big way. Would be great to see additional attributes on them to differentiate, rather than 'helps find planetary mats'

bah.

I don't think they have really taken advantage of them in a big way. Would be great to see additional attributes on them to differentiate, rather than 'helps find planetary mats'

bah.

Yup. Unfortunately as is the case with artifacts the perks are all simply too tame and uninteresting. Just spawning orbs or getting mats is boring. Give me a perk that has a chance to start health regen on multi kills with the odds increasing based on how big the multi kill is, or a perk that increases headshot damage for 7 seconds after a headshot kill and have it stack multiple times. I, like many people here, would really like to see them branch out in this regard and be more willing to have perks that feel empowering and meaningful.

Matt Frost

Here is my Titan wearing her 320 Future War Cult Armor, looks amazing...

Cb2Ka7PXIAEUOH5.jpg:large

Also.... Where is the 320 Ghost? Can find it, log in with my tree characters and nothing... ??? Guess when Iron Banner starts?

Anyone that watched the streams knows the amount of salt i spewed at arcblade's hit detection and just how many GAMES (not rounds) at 4-4 we lost because of it.

Same here, been killed with a punch while trying to kill him with the arcblade. Ridiculous. Same with people needing two hits to be killed, is supposed to be a super...

Acidote

bah.

They could easily give them an important role if they had gone the route of the Graviton, giving you one of your spec perks like Graviton gives you shadestep. If they choose them carefully you would always want to have a few of them and change them situationally. But I guess it would be tricky to not make something too OP.

Matt Frost

Just got shaxx weekly bounty. Autocompleted itself. Gave nothing. 4 coins + 4 motes of light. WTF?

That happened a few times to me as well. Got nothing. Twice in a row. Since then I dont usually do them anymore. Waste of time for the loot they give: spectres, low light stuff, strange coins... worthless to me

Matt Frost

I get it now and don't get it how you still beat him at that light level.

Well, he had to hit him two times with a fusion rifle, when it usually kills in one shot, then he needed to punch him to kill him. Is what is to be expected at that light level. Nothing unusual.

Just got shaxx weekly bounty. Autocompleted itself. Gave nothing. 4 coins + 4 motes of light. WTF?

It means you got a Bunch of Strange Coins. If you didn't then it was glitched. The rewards you can get from him are as follows:

Ghost Shell 😑
Bunch of Strange Coins
Legendary Crucible Gun like a Party Crasher
Exotic Item
One of two really rare Crucible Ships (I got one called Mind Bleacher)
One Ultra Rare Shader called Kingspyre

Tri4

Ugh, gotta quickly grind my level 37 warlock to level 40. Light level shouldnt be too big a deal because ive been boosting it using my other classes and i have a stack of engrams to use as soon as i hit 40. I wanna actually do the nightfall with my warlock for the first time this week.

I didn't receive my xbox messages all day because for some reason my phone logged me out and my windows PC isn't refreshing or getting notifications so I'm sorry for missing them!

I went online to help misterthirsty get a doctrine but he went offline :(

Thanks for hopping on, not sure if you sent a message or not (didn't get one). Dmh and zoso had to deal with my terrible play. Seemed like no matter where I went it was the wrong way. Need to play a lot more trials for practice and maybe finally learn to use a sniper.

No doctrine so I guess I'll learn to use my Arminus from the gunsmith.

Also sleep was calling me.

Anyone that watched the streams knows the amount of salt i spewed at arcblade's hit detection and just how many GAMES (not rounds) at 4-4 we lost because of it.

Arc blade registration has always been bad and made much worse by lag, and it's definitely worse now. Even so it ranks pretty low on my Sources of Salt list for Trials or Year 2 overall, well below the general melee registration problems since those have been so much worse relative to Year 1. I've sorta adjusted to the arc blade limitations as a tradeoff for an otherwise strong subclass, but there's no way to adjust to your melee randomly doing 0 damage for no reason. It's just broken and I don't know what went wrong.

Arc blade registration has always been bad and made much worse by lag, and it's definitely worse now. Even so it ranks pretty low on my Sources of Salt list for Trials or Year 2 overall, well below the general melee registration problems since those have been so much worse relative to Year 1. I've sorta adjusted to the arc blade limitations as a tradeoff for an otherwise strong subclass, but there's no way to adjust to your melee randomly doing 0 damage for no reason. It's just broken and I don't know what went wrong.

For sure. Melee registration as a whole is just straight broken right now which is why arcblade a melee based super sucks so fucking much. I have never seen someone take a smash (inside the hit detection) and survive or a hammer (straight on) and survive but with arcblade its everytime. 2-3 swipes and i consider myself lucky if the guy dies.

What the hell happened with melee Bungie.

Sitting at HM Totems if anyone wants the checkpoint, will be logging off soon..

Clash

For MM, I'm not sure. Last I read they hadn't added it to Clash but it could be different now.

This is what they said in the weekly for IB:

The team might even deploy new Matchmaking settings that favor connection quality over skill. That could result in fiercer competition, but that threat should be of no concern for a true champion of the Iron Lords. In the meantime, play some Control and talk to us about your combat experiences.

Matt Frost

This looks really awesome. Is that the Crimson Doubles shader?

Thank you! Yes, is the Valentine shader. Looks great on that armor. Same with the Bring a Friend metallic grey shader. Both look fantastic on that armor.

Edit: Will get a screenshot later of my Titan wearing that shader. Is EPIC.

Top Bottom