• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Rehsa

Doctrine OP

Arm3Tij.gif
Did yours get CB?

Just wanted to give a big shoutout to everyone that helped out over the weekend. Igor/Nami/Todd/Xplicit/Drizz/Biggy/Inapp thank you so much for keeping this the BEST Destiny community around.

It was awesome to be able to give back to this amazing community. Now, lets all go into IB and melt people's faces with Doctrines!
Yeah thanks to you all helping us get a Doctrine, too bad I never got a chance to run a card with you, maybe another time!

Beagles329

Neo Member
Just wanted to give a big shoutout to everyone that helped out over the weekend. Igor/Nami/Todd/Xplicit/Drizz/Biggy/Inapp thank you so much for keeping this the BEST Destiny community around.

It was awesome to be able to give back to this amazing community. Now, lets all go into IB and melt people's faces with Doctrines!

Thanks to all of the sherpas in both Trials & the Raid! This is truly a great community and has rekindled my enjoyment of Destiny.

D_psipher

After playing with some of GAF's best for Trials I forgot to play my way instead of the some of you guys play. Yeah, psipher stay in your lane. The shotgun lane. A couple of my friends asked that I help them get Doctrines late yesterday. I was tired and ready for sleep but once again inspired by you guys I stayed up a little later and we went 8-0. The last couple of teams destroyed us so no Mercury but it was fun. I also had some insanely good rounds. Like some of the best in my Trials playing history. No counterbalances for them both got hidden hand. Oh and there was a fourth guy in the party chat trying to demotivate us but it was as if his hate was motivating me. He stepped away just as they got their Doctrines so we decided not to say anything and tried for the lighthouse. As stated above we did not make it but the fourth guy started to root for us at some point. Just an interesting end to this weekend's Trials session.

Diagonal or the one right next to you? Do you wait until they're in the middle? I usually snipe the Knights right as they spawn.

I've had plenty of instances where I've pulled out my MG for a centurion and wasn't able to hit it from the other side. Other than that I usually don't have a problem with it... But it is annoying.

Swap extended mag for smallbore. You're welcome.

So does anyone know what the chances of getting a 320 item from Iron Banner really is? After grinding to Rank 5 last time, the best I got was a 311 and was vastly disappointed. Will it be worth it for me to give it another go?

Dual layered RNG like most drops in Y2 Destiny.

1 - get the ghost to drop in post game rewards.
2 - get lucky with a 320 light drop. It can drop from 310 to 320 light.

Let's say,on average you get a ghost drop every 10 games. That's 10% drop chance.

Then, it could roll from 310 to 320 - so that's a 1 in 11 chance.

1/11 x 10/100 = yeah you get the picture :/

Although, I have gotten 2 320 ghosts from last 2 IB's. So it's all just plain luck.

WeTeHa

Yep, thanks a lot to everyone, especially ape and igor who helped me get my CB doctrine. Our run was incredibly smooth.

Btw, shieeeeet just had Icebreaker drop from the big PoE lvl 28 chest. Finally got one!

Will try that next time... Thanks!

Edit: I'm hopeful that IB drops will be good this round since the last time it was clash they were pretty good.

Use smallbore for pvp as well. With cocoon you don't need to worry about a smaller clip.

I'm going to try this tonight when I get home, been using braced frame and not getting ac accurate shots off.

Raid mg doesn't roll with braced frame.

Any other mg - range is preferred over stability imo.

WipedOut

Yep, thanks a lot to everyone, especially ape and igor who helped me get my CB doctrine. Our run was incredibly smooth.

Btw, shieeeeet just had Icebreaker drop from the big PoE lvl 28 chest. Finally got one!

Congrats, I got one this past week too. Going to level it and Gjallarhorn sometime this week to play around with, most likely for next weekends Retro Raids

Namikaze1

Oops. Posted this in the DB Super thread originally and not here.

So just listened to the full voice message from yesterday since I only partially listened to it when I first recieved it. I laughed at the bits I heard yesterday but listening to the full thing pissed me off. Not a fan of people calling others fa--- you know the word. Made a report and blocked the guy.

SpecX

Use smallbore for pvp as well. With cocoon you don't need to worry about a smaller clip.

Raid mg doesn't roll with braced frame.

Any other mg - range is preferred over stability imo.

Oh, I thought this was about the Doctrine, stupid me should read before posting...

Trakan

Got matched against nKuch in Trials last night (on 3 wins!!!) His team had a combined k/d over 6. Yeah, I'm proud we won a round.

Who else was on his team? Was he running with Primal dudes? Igor and Ape faced him the other day but he was doing a double carry it seemed and also playing on Voidwalker when he usually mains BDancer. He didn't play very well, posted a 7-7 line and DGAF won pretty easily.

I actually got matched against him last night as well, on what would have been win #7. He knocked us out and we had to get a new card. He was playing Bladedancer. I can only remember one of his teammates, ark something. He was using TLW, and I swear to God some of the ranges he killed me at it's like it was the Y1 version.

Because you killed a guy who wasn't aiming at you and it was 2 on 1?

Is it OP? Not really. As you said, I had the jump on the guy with a teammate. BUT!

Second shot was definitely aimed at me, and teammate was missing all his sniper shots, thus I did all the damage to him at pulse/scout rifle range.

Persistence is incredibly powerful, especially with OEG Rifle scope, and flinch from Doctrine is no joke if you're scoped in on a sniper rifle.

WeTeHa

Anyone running warpriest cm today or kf in general?

I'd up for either a full run, starting at totems (I have cp) or just doing cm. Can run x3. Need some infusion material.

Congrats, I got one this past week too. Going to level it and Gjallarhorn sometime this week to play around with, most likely for next weekends Retro Raids

Nice. I'm still missing Gjallerhorn, guess I have to run some more year 1 raids to get it.

I'd up for either a full run, starting at totems (I have cp) or just doing cm. Can run x3. Need some infusion material.

Nice. I'm still missing Gjallerhorn, guess I have to run some more year 1 raids to get it.

Nice im home all day. Let me know when were ready to run it

LTWood12

now I feel great about my triple tap, hammer forged, sureshot & firefly imago :p

got it from a heroic too...no farming

I've gotten three ever. First one was Sureshot, Underdog, Hand-Loaded, Firefly. W/ hand cannon reloader gloves I can almost capture that fatebringer feeling.

Kyoufu

I actually got matched against him last night as well, on what would have been win #7. He knocked us out and we had to get a new card. He was playing Bladedancer. I can only remember one of his teammates, ark something. He was using TLW, and I swear to God some of the ranges he killed me at it's like it was the Y1 version.

I've mapped players with hip firing. It's rare as hell though.

I really want to like Fabian Strategy. It's much better in it's 2.0 variant, but man, Doctrine just shits all over it.

3ehk8tz.png

It's still viable, especially with the better range, but it's not near as strong.

It's a terrible exotic.

It's not terrible, it's just not A or S-tier, which basically makes any exotic terrible.

The perks and the play actually all work together well.

The range stat is great, so you start the engagement and pushpushpush, which causes the gun to spin up and become truly lethal. You almost certainly were injured, so the Life Support perk starts regen and Crowd Control gives you a damage boost for your next kill.

Top Bottom