• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SpecX

I don't read BWUs anymore. They're often vague or misleading and sometimes both.
I really don't understand why Bungie doesn't fix this. Of I continued to respond with confusing or vague answers in my job with continously complaints I would be canned. Not that I want Deej fired, but he's trying to be cool or hip or whatever and it comes off the wrong way. This only reinforces the complaints about Bungie not listening since he doesn't change...

Kyoufu

I really don't understand why Bungie doesn't fix this. Of I continued to respond with confusing or vague answers in my job with continously complaints I would be canned. Not that I want Deej fired, but he's trying to be cool or hip or whatever and it comes off the wrong way. This only reinforces the complaints about Bungie not listening since he doesn't change...

He's paid a salary by one of the top development studios in the world therefore he must come across as intelligible and professional.

So yeah, BWUs are bloated instead of being short but sweet. I have nothing against DeeJ. It must be very hard to manage such a large community, especially when so many can come across as toxic. I raise my hand and plead guilty to that.

How does ruin wake compare to the raid machine gun? Just got one with rifled barrel and counterbalance.

Can't tell you the number of times I've been annihilated by a Ruin Wake in Crucible.

It's gotta be a top tier MG surely.

I think that it's gotten a lot better than it was previously. The past couple have been much more direct and concise, rather than ebullient with extraneous verbiage.

WipedOut

Cut the guy a break, I'm the last person to defend him but as has been said countless times he can only say so much, I'm sure the higher ups and Activision have a muzzle on the guy. What can be changed is his writing style. Which has improved along with communcation over the past month.

I think that it's gotten a lot better than it was previously. The past couple have been much more direct and concise, rather than ebullient with extraneous verbiage.

I agree with this statement

WipedOut

Yeah he hasn't left the instance, so it is still active for him. Has over 600 people watching. Totally crazy IMHO. Do they sleep? Has any of his team gotten the God Roll Imago like Ji66a?

Sir, Jigga's is close as it can come but this is the god roll ;)

Rifled barrel, I believe his has smallbore.
Capture.png

For reference:
Capture1.png

WipedOut

How many times have you linked that image, Wiped?

I'm jelly

Too many times lol. It's like a parent posting photos of their kids on Facebook. The ammo capacity nerf really hurts though.

I guarantee I will post it at least a couple more times before this OT is over, which could take awhile.

Kyoufu

Cool thing happened today. I was walking home from a doctor's visit and some guy just leaving his house to walk his cute dog said to me "Nice shirt, mate". I was wearing the Destiny The Taken King T-Shirt. To my surprise I said thanks and asked him if he plays Destiny too and he said he was just playing it before leaving the house and for the next ten minutes we had a real bond.

Sadly he was an Xbone player so we couldn't exchange online IDs.

I'm probably going to hit max grimoire by tomorrow or Thursday. I think I'm going to take a little break from Destiny and focus on my backlog. I can either finish The Witcher 3, MGS V or Fallout 4. I'm more incline to try to finish MGS V. The Witcher 3 requires a lot of time and I want to save that for a nice drought. My girlfriend already beat Fallout 4 and I know the ending so I'm in no rush--I normally just watch her play anyways.

What does DGAF think?

maomaoIYP

Cool thing happened today. I was walking home from a doctor's visit and some guy just leaving his house to walk his cute dog said to me "Nice shirt, mate". I was wearing the Destiny The Taken King T-Shirt. To my surprise I said thanks and asked him if he plays Destiny too and he said he was just playing it before leaving the house and for the next ten minutes we had a real bond.

The is a tragedy straight out of a Shakespeare play.

WipedOut

Damn Bungie/MS and Sony for no Cross Platform play. There should be no barriers for certain games.

Kyoufu

Damn Bungie/MS and Sony for no Cross Platform play. There should be no barriers for certain games.

That's exactly what the guy said. He was upset about the exclusivity junk and I can't blame him at all.

He said he loves TTK and how much it changed the game for him and also mentioned that he struggled in Vault Glass against the "things that light up and make a sound" lol. I told him they're updating VoG soon. :b

Should have convinced him to come over to the dark side :p

WipedOut

That's exactly what the guy said. He was upset about the exclusivity junk and I can't blame him at all.

He said he loves TTK and how much it changed the game for him and also mentioned that he struggled in Vault Glass against the "things that light up and make a sound" lol. I told him they're updating VoG soon. :b

Gotta love casual speak.

I'm probably going to hit max grimoire by tomorrow or Thursday. I think I'm going to take a little break from Destiny and focus on my backlog. I can either finish The Witcher 3, MGS V or Fallout 4. I'm more incline to try to finish MGS V. The Witcher 3 requires a lot of time and I want to save that for a nice drought. My girlfriend already beat Fallout 4 and I know the ending so I'm in no rush--I normally just watch her play anyways.

What does DGAF think?
Congrats on grinding out those rumble wins!

For what it's worth, my brother left Destiny for MGSV and had no regrets.

So does anyone know what the chances of getting a 320 item from Iron Banner really is? After grinding to Rank 5 last time, the best I got was a 311 and was vastly disappointed. Will it be worth it for me to give it another go?

Deku Tree

Sir, Jigga's is close as it can come but this is the god roll ;)

Rifled barrel, I believe his has smallbore.
Capture.png

For reference:
Capture1.png

You better hope that outlaw procs on that thing, and you have hand cannon reload gauntlets, otherwise your gonna be waiting for days for that thing to reload.

I hate the range on the raid MG. It can't even hit a spawning centurion from across a platform during Oryx.

If not for cocoon, I wouldn't ever use it over Ruin Wake

ocean

Banned
So does anyone know what the chances of getting a 320 item from Iron Banner really is? After grinding to Rank 5 last time, the best I got was a 311 and was vastly disappointed. Will it be worth it for me to give it another go?
Chances are really really really low. If all you're playing for is 320 drop chances, stick to KF Challenges + Sisters for an unlikely Class Item drop.

Play Iron Banner because it's fun. Doing it for loot is a recipe for disappointment. And if you don't have fun in IB, drops or no drops its not worth it.

WipedOut

You better hope that outlaw procs on that thing, and you have hand cannon reload gauntlets, otherwise your gonna be waiting for days for that thing to reload.

Not much difference between it and the fatebringer. I have tested both and fatebringer is only slightly faster. Yes have hand cannon gloves on my hunter.

Got matched against nKuch in Trials last night (on 3 wins!!!) His team had a combined k/d over 6. Yeah, I'm proud we won a round.

Who else was on his team? Was he running with Primal dudes? Igor and Ape faced him the other day but he was doing a double carry it seemed and also playing on Voidwalker when he usually mains BDancer. He didn't play very well, posted a 7-7 line and DGAF won pretty easily.

Deku Tree

I hate the range on the raid MG. It can't even hit a spawning centurion from across a platform during Oryx.

If not for concoon, I wouldn't ever use it over Ruin Wake

I use the raid MG on the knights during Oryx and on the Shade, it hits both for full damage from where I stand. Otherwise I use ToM or sniper. In other parts of the raid I only really use the MG at Totems, and it recks everything from the range that I shoot from their too.

Who else was on his team? Was he running with Primal dudes? Igor and Ape faced him the other day but he was doing a double carry it seemed and also playing on Voidwalker when he usually mains BDancer. He didn't play very well, posted a 7-7 line and DGAF won pretty easily.

Wasn't that game a 5-4 win? I thought so but I don't remember for sure.

Just wanted to give a big shoutout to everyone that helped out over the weekend. Igor/Nami/Todd/Xplicit/Drizz/Biggy/Inapp thank you so much for keeping this the BEST Destiny community around.

It was awesome to be able to give back to this amazing community. Now, lets all go into IB and melt people's faces with Doctrines!

Kyoufu

Just wanted to give a big shoutout to everyone that helped out over the weekend. Igor/Nami/Todd/Xplicit/Drizz/Biggy/Inapp thank you so much for keeping this the BEST Destiny community around.

It was awesome to be able to give back to this amazing community. Now, lets all go into IB and melt people's faces with Doctrines!

Thanks for all the help Ape and the rest of the fellas. Great community. <3

SpecX

He's paid a salary by one of the top development studios in the world therefore he must come across as intelligible and professional.

So yeah, BWUs are bloated instead of being short but sweet. I have nothing against DeeJ. It must be very hard to manage such a large community, especially when so many can come across as toxic. I raise my hand and plead guilty to that.

I'm not trying to be negative, but that bolded part is what gets me since as I read these BWU I end up scratching my head trying to understand why he says things the way he does. The game is rated for Teens so write the updates broken down for them. If Deej presented to investors like this, funds would be pulled quick from Bungie.

I never read the old ones, so I haven't been able to compare. If it was worse, then I'm glad I didn't read them.

I use the raid MG on the knights during Oryx and on the Shade, it hits both for full damage from where I stand. Otherwise I use ToM or sniper. In other parts of the raid I only really use the MG at Totems, and it recks everything from the range that I shoot from their too.
Diagonal or the one right next to you? Do you wait until they're in the middle? I usually snipe the Knights right as they spawn.

I've had plenty of instances where I've pulled out my MG for a centurion and wasn't able to hit it from the other side. Other than that I usually don't have a problem with it... But it is annoying.

Deku Tree

Diagonal or the one right next to you? Do you wait until they're in the middle? I usually snipe the Knights right as they spawn.

I've had plenty of instances where I've pulled out my MG for a centurion and wasn't able to hit it from the other side. Other than that I usually don't have a problem with it... But it is annoying.

Oh yeah I meant when I am a Titan, or hanging out in the middle then I use the MG. When I am on platforms I snipe the one across.

Top Bottom