• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I go back & forth. I guess it does say something that I've infused this up to 318, and my loop is only 310.

Got my very first Eyasluna today from the crucible bounty - last resort and icarus :(

Second crucible bounty gave me a 300 ghost. Why is a ghost even in the crucible nightfall loot table? Crucible nightfall takes a lot more time and effort to complete, and then drops a 300 ghost. What an epic waste to time.

Thanks for hopping on, not sure if you sent a message or not (didn't get one). Dmh and zoso had to deal with my terrible play. Seemed like no matter where I went it was the wrong way. Need to play a lot more trials for practice and maybe finally learn to use a sniper.

No doctrine so I guess I'll learn to use my Arminus from the gunsmith.

Also sleep was calling me.

No problem man, I understand. I still would have loved to try and help. I should have slept earlier last night myself but thank goodness for coffee

LTWood12

yes

Yes it is

z1DRGu.gif

Got my very first Eyasluna today from the crucible bounty - last resort and icarus :(

Second crucible bounty gave me a 300 ghost. Why is a ghost even in the crucible nightfall loot table? Crucible nightfall takes a lot more time and effort to complete, and then drops a 300 ghost. What an epic waste to time.

I've only ever gotten the one and it was from a random daily crucible match. I've never even done a crucible nightfall. I don't even really know how lol

Axoman

Thanks for hopping on, not sure if you sent a message or not (didn't get one). Dmh and zoso had to deal with my terrible play. Seemed like no matter where I went it was the wrong way. Need to play a lot more trials for practice and maybe finally learn to use a sniper.

No doctrine so I guess I'll learn to use my Arminus from the gunsmith.

Also sleep was calling me.

I know it's not much of a consolation, but feel good that the Braced Frame Counterbalance Arminus you have is pretty close to a Doctrine with Counterbalance. Comparing the two, the Arminus just needs a little more right stick control to stay on target, but it's pretty close.

Also, we just need to keep playing Trials and we'll all get better. What's helped me the most is knowing when to disengage. If I get hit first, I really try to run away and recover before engaging again. I use to always get hit by a shot or two first and engage anyways thinking I could outgun them, but 99% of the time I'd end up losing. Also if sniping, don't peek more than once from the same spot if someone is there and don't challenge someone that's already scoping you.

The minimum number of systems needed for Year 3 to make the current light system viable:
  • Transmogrification for everything but exotics
  • Smart Loot
  • Rerolling on all gear, maybe not rerolling all perks/stats, but maybe one node
I'm just so sick of drops in this game. They're all garbage because they're so rare, and so varied as to never be useful to your build.

Kyoufu

The minimum number of systems needed for Year 3 to make the current light system viable:
  • Transmogrification for everything but exotics
  • Smart Loot
  • Rerolling on all gear, maybe not rerolling all perks/stats, but maybe one node
I'm just so sick of drops in this game. They're all garbage because they're so rare, and so varied as to never be useful to your build.

We should be able to either combine the same pieces of loot together to form a piece with the desired set of perks of our choosing or just let us re-roll armour entirely.

LTWood12

What roll would the vendor Wayloran's March to make it worth caring about? It has lower impact that Praedyth's Revenge, but has really high aim assist and stability. Obviously it's not a Trials weapon, but i like the archetype for 6s, or at least i did when field scout was what it used to be.

NeOak

What roll would the vendor Wayloran's March to make it worth caring about? It has lower impact that Praedyth's Revenge, but has really high aim assist and stability. Obviously it's not a Trials weapon, but i like the archetype for 6s, or at least i did when field scout was what it used to be.
Shortgaze + Snapshot

Fed mine to the Trials sniper because it has that.

Got matched against nKuch in Trials last night (on 3 wins!!!) His team had a combined k/d over 6. Yeah, I'm proud we won a round.

Me and ape got matched against him and won, but im pretty sure he was doing a single carry since one guy was awful and the other teammate was actually pretty good and outsniped me a few times. I outsniped nKuch a few times though, felt good. Just had to collapse on his orb and done.

Me and ape got matched against him and won, but im pretty sure he was doing a single carry since one guy was awful and the other teammate was actually pretty good and outsniped me a few times. I outsniped nKuch a few times though, felt good. Just had to collapse on his orb and done.

That was a damn good match. I had never even heard of nKuch before either. But lets be honest...You made some AMAZING snipes in that match...not to mention all the clutch 3v1s over the weekend.

I checked my stats this morning and my KD went up .5 and my win percent went up by 3.

My trials Elo is a hair away from 2,000 but I still feel average at best sometimes lol

Any of these weapons worth keeping?

• Binary Dawn Shotgun with Army of One
  • 1kYS sniper with Short Gaze, Guerilla Fighter, Reinforced Barrel, Unflinching
  • Dark Blade's Spite Fusion Rifle with Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, Hot Swap
  • Dark Blade's Spite Fusion Rifle with Danger Close, Hand Laid Stock, Hot Swap
  • Long Far Gone Fusion Rifle with Hidden Hand, Braced Frame, Grenadier
  • Hereafter Sniper (I never use it, and I can always rebuy)
  • SUROS DIS-43 Scout with Hammer Forged, Full Auto, Hand Laid Stock
  • SUROS DIS-43 Scout with Fitted Stock, Outlaw, Rifled Barrel
  • SUROS PDX-45 Pulse with Hammer Forged, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel
  • SUROS PDS-45 Pulse with Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel
  • Revelator with Outlaw, Hammer Forged, 3rd Eye
  • The Smolder Rocket Launcher with Aggressive Launch, Tripod, Snapshot, Tracking
  • Ash Factory Rocket Launcher with Hard Launch, Tripod, Field Scout, Cluster Bombs
Because I think most of them need to be sharded with the exception of the range based PDX-45 and maybe the Revelator.

That was a damn good match. I had never even heard of nKuch before either. But lets be honest...You made some AMAZING snipes in that match...not to mention all the clutch 3v1s over the weekend.

I checked my stats this morning and my KD went up .5 and my win percent went up by 3.

My trials Elo is a hair away from 2,000 but I still feel average at best sometimes lol
Sorry to break it to you but what you are feeling is "above average"

:)

LTWood12

Any of these weapons worth keeping?

• No
  • Binary Dawn Shotgun with Army of One
    Maybe
  • 1kYS sniper with Short Gaze, Guerilla Fighter, Reinforced Barrel, Unflinching
    No
  • Dark Blade's Spite Fusion Rifle with Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, Hot Swap
    Maybe
  • Dark Blade's Spite Fusion Rifle with Danger Close, Hand Laid Stock, Hot Swap
    No
  • Long Far Gone Fusion Rifle with Hidden Hand, Braced Frame, Grenadier
    It's kind of fun
  • Hereafter Sniper (I never use it, and I can always rebuy)
    Yes
  • SUROS DIS-43 Scout with Hammer Forged, Full Auto, Hand Laid Stock
    No
  • SUROS DIS-43 Scout with Fitted Stock, Outlaw, Rifled Barrel
    No, see below
  • SUROS PDX-45 Pulse with Hammer Forged, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel
    YES GOD ROLL
  • SUROS PDS-45 Pulse with Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel
    Sounds interesting
  • Revelator with Outlaw, Hammer Forged, 3rd Eye
    No
  • The Smolder Rocket Launcher with Aggressive Launch, Tripod, Snapshot, Tracking
    No
  • Ash Factory Rocket Launcher with Hard Launch, Tripod, Field Scout, Cluster Bombs
Because I think most of them need to be sharded with the exception of the range based PDX-45 and maybe the Revelator.

Answers above

edit: ah dat formatting. Answers apply to weapon below them.

That was an AWESOME game! I checked back in and when I saw that nKuch died i nearly freaked out because I was like whoa, they're playing against him! I've definitely checked his stream before. That was a great win.

All my stuff went up as well so that always feels good, especially when trying to play with LFG. I'm glad I joined the Platinum ranks finally. Went from like 70k to 40k. Approaching Drizz's 1k status hahaha sike. Diamond isn't too far out of the picture now though, which is pretty unreal to me.

The MIDA is a good gun. It's an even better gun if you can consistently hit the head. I think the Doctrine easily outshines it in the right hands. If you play the distance game, then sure, you can easily get beat by the MIDA. Get up in a MIDA users face and it's over. I think it also depends a lot on the map. I tend to always usa MIDA on Bannerfall.

Top Bottom