• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Jafku

What does everyone think of the sniper rifle roll? Ambush scope, Army of One, Reinforced Barrel and Firefly. Decent PvE roll?

Arktrinity, who had a 2.79 k/d. The other guy only had 1 k/d.

lol holy shit dude, that guy is beastly on his own let alone teamed up with nKuch. Me and Pvt. Hudson were running some "casual" Doubles back during year 1 and we matched Ark and his pro mode clan-mate. Took me a minute to track down the post-game carnage screenshot:

3rlI3xa.jpg

LTWood12

What does everyone think of the sniper rifle roll? Ambush scope, Army of One, Reinforced Barrel and Firefly. Decent PvE roll?

I like the roll, but w/ the impact it won't stagger stuff. whole reason i quit using Yasmin in PvE. Didn't realize how much I count on that stagger.

edit: will definitely buy it though since it's sort of close to Praedyth's Revenge. This archetype really needs bigger magazines and reserves though.

It's been a life changer for me. In general terms, you can't have sugars, dairy, alcohol, legumes or grains. So no pizza, pasta, sweeteners of any kind, for one month.

I started to get addicted to Soda again and coffee with lots of sugar, and I've always been so reliant on rice my whole life. My body started to get way beyond what it's ever been in a very bad way and I didn't feel good about it at all. After this 30 day "elimination" diet, all of that is gone.

It's tough because you can't eat out hardly at all since most places use butter to fry stuff or stuff is deep fried, which is a no-no. Can only use olive oil or coconut oil.

When raiding or playing trials, I loved popping open a soda or drinking a mocha. It's been only water, tea, or dark coffee for me. When having a really rough day, I used to have a drink or 3. This diet forced me to say no to all of that and maintain a healthy lifestyle while dealing with my issues in a much more positive way.

Hrm. Sounds interesting, I need one of those..Ill definitely look into it

Hrm. Sounds interesting, I need one of those..Ill definitely look into it

You can use a couple of other oils too. But those are the recommended. It made me look at all the labels of everything I buy and I Google stuff a lot in the beginning if it's Whole30 approved. Pretty hard for the first couple of weeks and then 2nd half isn't as bad. It made me a better cook, adventurous (tried a lot of new food and different things), and it makes you use basically everything. By that I mean you hardly waste any food haha. Oh and now I have a new found love of fresh fruit. Before I'd make smoothies but that's no no for the diet and now I love fruit more than ever.

I can't speak for the 2nd half yet since I can't weigh myself until tomorrow, but the first 15 days I lost 10.2 lbs and that's with 0 workouts. I started to work out some this 2nd half so I wanted to get a midway point measure.

Eggs and sweet potatoes were a huge part of the diet. I averaged 4-5 eggs a day.

Is Dr. Drizzay a bus?
bus_lg_school_efx_02.jpg

Because he took us to freakin' school last night.

I just wanted to get my friend a card with a great player, no worries about wins or Mercury or whatever. But Drizz not only played great, but was giving out tons of tips and strategies and feedback.

We didn't reach Mercury, but my friend got a crazy 1v3 comeback to win the match and I'm pretty sure he caught the Trials bug. So that's a win.

Really appreciate him coming out of semi-retirement for the weekend, as well as all the other DGAF Crucible Lords who share their time and their knowledge with us.

It's been a life changer for me. In general terms, you can't have sugars, dairy, alcohol, legumes or grains. So no pizza, pasta, sweeteners of any kind, for one month.

I started to get addicted to Soda again and coffee with lots of sugar, and I've always been so reliant on rice my whole life. My body started to get way beyond what it's ever been in a very bad way and I didn't feel good about it at all. After this 30 day "elimination" diet, all of that is gone.

It's tough because you can't eat out hardly at all since most places use butter to fry stuff or stuff is deep fried, which is a no-no. Can only use olive oil or coconut oil.

When raiding or playing trials, I loved popping open a soda or drinking a mocha. It's been only water, tea, or dark coffee for me. When having a really rough day, I used to have a drink or 3. This diet forced me to say no to all of that and maintain a healthy lifestyle while dealing with my issues in a much more positive way.

I'm on a diet myself, but I can never do an "elimination" style diet.
I can't help but feel I'm repressing myself by eliminating certain food groups, and I know I'll just overeat the junk when I'm relaxed. Fortunately, I was never big on sugar, caffeine or carbs overload (my problem been portioning, and eating calorie-dense food that aren't filling.)

Counting calories + planning out what I eat ahead of time has been working great without feeling I'm repressing anything.

Getting addicted to Destiny again...though...certain doesn't help.
It's been killing my gym schedule.

Anyway, Crimson 320 Ghost INT/DIS, WOOT~

Dthomp

Ugh. Poop Ghost for me too. Int/Dis

Not a single Crimson one the whole time, but this makes the 5th poop one for me. Thanks Destiny...cause I actually wanted the Crimson one that I will never have now

Rehsa

Thanks LT! It hasn't been. Thankfully I've kept myself busy with Destiny and other things. It's especially hard when my gf brings home burgers, sandwiches, and last night, Chinese food. I'm like gah!! It probably saved my life because I would have drank a lot of alcohol a couple of weeks ago from some bad news I received from work that made me want to not work here anymore.

Thanks Moridhin! Keep it up man. When it gets hard, just remember why you started and the benefits gained and think other positive thoughts!

Sorry about the bad news. Yeah we are trying, I've done the "Paleo" thing before but this time we are not 100% this time, we are just cutting out what you said and make sure the stuff we cook with also has no preservatives. Take out is just to much easier lol

Schlookum

Neo Member
Are these shells slowly being rolled out? I haven't got mine yet and I did a legit 7 matches.

Edit: I did get 2 shells to drop but neither were 320. Don't know if that has any effect.

ocean

Banned
lol holy shit dude, that guy is beastly on his own let alone teamed up with nKuch. Me and Pvt. Hudson were running some "casual" Doubles back during year 1 and we matched Ark and his pro mode clan-mate. Took me a minute to track down the post-game carnage screenshot:
Did you grab a screen cap of the time we got wrecked by 13dev in Skirmish before they were mainstream/famous? We were like who the hell are these guys with white snipers :p

The Last Word was still fairly unpopular outside of hardcore PvPers because it was perceived as being hard to use. These guys were 3x Bladedancers Arcbolting Blinking TLW/Sniper murdering us and I learned what the "meta" was that day :p

RdN

Got my Sugary Shell, and with that, all my 3 character are 320.

Good bye Destiny, see you when you have new content.

ich00

Does anyone have a totems or warpriest cp I could grab real quick? I'm not sure how long my wonky work Internet will hold out.

phen0m24

Did you grab a screen cap of the time we got wrecked by 13dev in Skirmish before they were mainstream/famous? We were like who the hell are these guys with white snipers :p

The Last Word was still fairly unpopular outside of hardcore PvPers because it was perceived as being hard to use. These guys were 3x Bladedancers Arcbolting Blinking TLW/Sniper murdering us and I learned what the "meta" was that day :p

Always go back to when my son was playing Salvage or Skirmish with fig and Comms and next thing you know it's Twilight, Chriss and I don't remember the third. Those 2 were enough.

Top Bottom