• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

SIGH...

Sitting at rank 2.9999 on my Titan and after 38 games and starting from rank 0, I got 5 regular arms and 0 PS exclusives. (I was rank 2 on my hunter from saved bounties)

This is beyond maddening. Why the fuck are they so rare?

Makes me want to just stop playing, cash in my bounties and buy the stupid arms from Saladin on all characters and be done with it.

phen0m24

Remember what that feeling of "fun" used to feel like in Destiny?

tumblr_inline_o1t07npoRo1tu0agh_500.gif

First few times of each raid

:)

Then helping new people through it

SIGH...

Sitting at rank 2.9999 on my Titan and after 38 games and starting from rank 0, I got 5 regular arms and 0 PS exclusives. (I was rank 2 on my hunter from saved bounties)

Makes me want to just stop playing, cash in my bounties and buy the stupid arms from Saladin on all characters and be done with it.

wait till the last day of IB to do this, just in case

SIGH...

Just buy them from Salad bar.

ocean

Banned
I really don't understand people saying sidearms spawning w/ ammo is a problem. It's the only reason they're a viable special weapon. You give up your one shot sniper/shotty for an always ready higher ttk oh shit button. Take the ammo perk away and you might as well just remove the weapon class completely. So sick of the nerf this, nerf that shit.

edit: listening to PD podcast from a couple weeks ago and Pope is complaining about sidearms. SIDEARMS.
The people asking for these are very few. There's always gonna be outliers with some odd opinions. I'm sure some people would like to spawn with heavy. That doesn't mean there's a lot of people who feel that way :p

I think the big cry about Sidearms isn't the fact that they can spawn with ammo but rather the fact that you can transfer this ammo over to Shotgun/Sniper on death. I think it's a misguided complaint though. It ruins the flow of primary battles they wanted to introduce in 3v3.

That said, it's a necessary concession in Trials. It allows teams who get rushed and have their special stolen on Round 1 not to get rolled over on the next rounds.

Gammacide

SIGH...

Yup, same as last IB. I think I saw ONE PS-exclusive cloak drop in total on 3 rank 5 characters. Their drop rate is sofa king abysmal. Ended up buying it. I really hate the rewards for Crucible now. We used to get Matadors and Ash Factories and Party Crashers raining down on us and now scarcely anything drops. Sadness these days.

Dthomp

Well, gonna run some solo IB at least til I mentally break. If any Gaffers get one going or need 1 more send me an invite PSN (Dthomp)

Don't complain about not getting the PS exclusive gloves, the drops rate are as bad as the last IB with the PS exclusive class items. Just buy them from Saladin.
Because accepting it is a good way to get them to change it? ;)

They've said that Saladin's items are there to purchase what you don't get from playing. It shouldn't be the main method for obtaining said loot. The discrepancy between PS exclusives vs regular items dropping is huge and I'm not sure if it's intended or an overlooked bug.

Either way it's frustrating for players who don't mind playing throughout the week instead of stockpiling bounties and cashing in on Monday.

Kalamari

I don't think Clash really suits the gameplay mechanics of Destiny, at least not as it currently exists.

In control and Rift, there is incentive for movement on the map, in Clash there is no incentive, you can just sit near your special ammo spawn and your entire team can snipe away. Not very fun.

It amazes me that a developer like Bungie who understands FPS so well continues to ignore some of the glaring issues in Crucible design in favor of pushing something different and unique.

that first one sucks. no low zoom scope (same thing happened to me)

second one is a keeper but definitely not god-tier

I'm grinding for shortgaze + hidden hand + snap shot

that first one sucks. no low zoom scope (same thing happened to me)

second one is a keeper but definitely not god-tier

I'm grinding for shortgaze + hidden hand + snap shot

I quite like the 2nd one. At first i thought, meh, but having played quite a bit with it, i'm warming to it. Does not compare with any of the 1k stare, but does well in normal crucible and IB

SIGH...

I don't get the point of Exclusive PS Armor if it never effing drops. Same shit as last time. I don't want your shit melee speed pulse rifle gauntlets. I don't get why bungie loves RNG so much. Didn't they say they learned from the Diablo devs to tone down RNG cause players hate it. Instead we got more RNG. RNG for the Drop, RNG for it being Armor, RNG for the specific piece, RNG for the LL, RNG for the perks. Oh you want faster reload for a specific class of weapon? Haha good luck, its all sidearm and Fusion Rifle here.

Anyone wanna do the weekly nightfall with me? Could use the upgrades to get to ll 290+ :)

I can run nightfall, psn: ruthlesbarbarian

I don't think Clash really suits the gameplay mechanics of Destiny, at least not as it currently exists.

The only good thing about clash is that the matches are shorter.

Because accepting it is a good way to get them to change it? ;)

They've said that Saladin's items are there to purchase what you don't get from playing. It shouldn't be the main method for obtaining said loot. The discrepancy between PS exclusives vs regular items dropping is huge and I'm not sure if it's intended or an overlooked bug.

Either way it's frustrating for players who don't mind playing throughout the week instead of stockpiling bounties and cashing in on Monday.

They don't listen to us, or if they do it's 6 months after the fix was required....so it's pointless.

stay gold

The Suros DIS-43 available from the gunsmith this week is amazing.

It has practically zero recoil, even fired in full auto. Fires a tad slower than MIDA but only needs 2/4 headshots to kill.

Ghazi

It has practically zero recoil, even fired in full auto. Fires a tad slower than MIDA but only needs 2/4 headshots to kill.

I really, really wish I hadn't picked up the package for one a week or two ago to make room. I've wanted a good legendary scout rifle for crucible for a while now.

NeOak

I had one with max range and another with max stability.

Had.

Edit: I think the max range one was the DIS-47

Dthomp

YOu win Destiny. Fuck you...

This is not fun at all anymore. I am a below average PVP player and getting shotgunned to the face every round or a group of snipers not moving out of starting position and picking me off is bull. Not to mention the lag and being shot through walls.

The matchmaking in this is terrible. I'm not even close to a 1.0 KD and yet can't get matched up with anybody that isn't a pro at this. NOT FUN.

I'm going to go find something fun to play since PVP is not that.

Top Bottom