• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Kyoufu

I really don't understand people saying sidearms spawning w/ ammo is a problem. It's the only reason they're a viable special weapon. You give up your one shot sniper/shotty for an always ready higher ttk oh shit button. Take the ammo perk away and you might as well just remove the weapon class completely. So sick of the nerf this, nerf that shit.

Nerf LTWood12

WipedOut

YOU CAN IMPORT YOUR CHARACTERS? I HAVE THE MARINE BIOLOGIST TOO. OMG.

Yeah. I need to see who is the highest of my three and just focus on him. Get that alt buff later in the week and call it good for the other two.
I'm trying to hit rank 3 on my titan, once I hit that I'm jumping over to my hunter to try and get the helmets. Don't really care about the warlock, I might not even IB on him. (I really do hate playing as a lock, when playing as one I might as well be a white guy who can't jump)

Frenden

Banned
I really don't understand people saying sidearms spawning w/ ammo is a problem. It's the only reason they're a viable special weapon. You give up your one shot sniper/shotty for an always ready higher ttk oh shit button. Take the ammo perk away and you might as well just remove the weapon class completely. So sick of the nerf this, nerf that shit.

edit: listening to PD podcast from a couple weeks ago and Pope is complaining about sidearms. SIDEARMS.

I still don't understand why they removed special in the first place. When was the last time you saw sweaties wave off special ammo spawns, haha?

I'm trying to hit rank 3 on my titan, once I hit that I'm jumping over to my hunter to try and get the helmets. Don't really care about the warlock, I might not even IB on him. (I really do hate playing as a lock, when playing as one I might as well be a white guy who can't jump)

I'm the stubborn Warlock that refuses to use anything besides Voidwalker and blink despite how OP Sunsingers are in 3s and Stormcallers' supers are in 6s. I'm ooookay with regular jump, but not great.

Deku Tree

Rawr his buddy and I did that on Saturday
"SURVIVE THE MANHUNT"

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

400 lousy DZ XP

Dude the oranges have shields wut

Dat marine biologist though
imported him
Dolphin shotgun hype!!!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

See you at the extraction point !

Kyoufu

For sure. Was playing hammerbro to get the emblem, can't even kill 2 people with that nerf hammer.

Too bad shoulder charge is broken :(

Yeah which is why I went with max armor instead.

Surviving sticky nades > buggy melee attack

If you want mobility, then Twilight Garrison is where it's at. Helps survivability a lot too.

deviant1

Anybody up for running the Warpriest CM this afternoon, like maybe 5PM EST? Hopefully someone has the CP or can share it. Willing to run x2 or x3 if people need to.

1. Ant78

Kyoufu

The worst feeling as a Striker Titan?

Watching your Fist of Havoc cancelled by a tether as you're about to lay the smackdown.

Either that or watching hit detection fail you during an airborne Shoulder Charge. Ugh.

Magik

Anybody up for running the Warpriest CM this afternoon, like maybe 5PM EST? Hopefully someone has the CP or can share it. Willing to run x2 or x3 if people need to.

1. Ant78

I'll join in especially for multiple runs if it's hm.

I should be able to make it for 5pm.

Yeah which is why I went with max armor instead.

Surviving sticky nades > buggy melee attack

If you want mobility, then Twilight Garrison is where it's at. Helps survivability a lot too.

I run grenade boobs for double lightning nades. Throw a lightning nade behind sniper campers and watch them bounce!

phen0m24

Gonna be on PC for dat 60fps
dont forget without almost no ammo ;)

Dude no joke that was freaking hilarious. The guy climbed the ladder. Pistoled. Turreted.

That sense of tension was really exciting. Did we even have great gear to extract at that point? It was more like "Let's shoot people" haha

"Oh crap my timer stopped"
"Another grenade!" Heal spam
"There's the guy that kept shooting at us!"
GANK

hope you will be playing it. I could see us doing that and laughing the whole time

SpecX

The worst feeling as a Striker Titan?

Watching your Fist of Havoc cancelled by a tether as you're about to lay the smackdown.

Either that or watching hit detection fail you during an airborne Shoulder Charge. Ugh.
I feel you on that last one, it happens so much now I feel like running defender or sunbreaker.

ocean

Banned
If you're over 315 Light, Tripmines will kill most people in Iron Banner because of the Light advantage giving it a slight damage boost (most people I see playing are in the 305-310 range so they take a little more damage).

With the extended duration / double Tripmine gloves and Tier 5 Dis you'll get all sorts of crazy kills. It's annoying as shit when multiple people on the enemy team are doing it but it can be pretty cool to do it yourself.

deviant1

1. Ant78
2. Magik
3. WeTeHa
4. Pandora012

Kalamari

1. Ant78
2. Magik
3. WeTeHa
4. Pandora012

Count me in! I actually wouldn't mind running totems too, so if all you can get is a totems cp I wouldn't be heartbroken.

Ghazi

Sidearms should spawn with ammo, but it should be non-transferrable (same for IB and Invective rounds). That's really the best way to balance it in the new no-special-on-spawn meta that I can see.

Nah just run the Unstoppable perk for max armor. I said my farewells to Shoulder Charge a while ago.

It doesn't help Shoulder Charge's case that it has shoddy hit detection similar to Bladedancer now. Unstoppable for max armor w/ an arc armor chest piece makes you a walking tank and with a Mida and/or Twilight Garrison you can be very agile. What a game.

deviant1

Count me in! I actually wouldn't mind running totems too, so if all you can get is a totems cp I wouldn't be heartbroken.

WeTeHa has the Totems CP so we're good.

Looks like we have 6 but we could always use alts or fillers for no shows/multiple runs. Thanks.

1. Ant78
2. Magik
3. WeTeHa
4. Pandora012
5. Kalamari
6. Jakfu

LTWood12

Sidearms should spawn with ammo, but it should be non-transferrable (same for IB and Invective rounds). That's really the best way to balance it in the new no-special-on-spawn meta that I can see.

Completely agree. The weapon isn't the problem. It's the mechanic of being able to switch and retain your ammo.

punkinbear

Neo Member
So, 1.5 hours played, after our 3rd match on Monday, that motherf-----er gets the Year 1 shader. I've played 30 hours of Trials and never seen a shader drop til then.

I nearly kicked him from the party.

giphy.gif

EL CUCO

Dude no joke that was freaking hilarious. The guy climbed the ladder. Pistoled. Turreted.

That sense of tension was really exciting. Did we even have great gear to extract at that point? It was more like "Let's shoot people" haha

"Oh crap my timer stopped"
"Another grenade!" Heal spam
"There's the guy that kept shooting at us!"
GANK

hope you will be playing it. I could see us doing that and laughing the whole time
Remember what that feeling of "fun" used to feel like in Destiny?

tumblr_inline_o1t07npoRo1tu0agh_500.gif

Top Bottom