• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

That's why I'm encouraged about the delay of the true sequel a year. I really doubt they could have given us the next gen version of Destiny that we so badly need this year.

The flip side of that is that we likely get another Year like this one. :(

My Titan is 319 and I could infuse him to 320, but it'd be robbing my Warlock who only has one other 310+ helmet. As a matter of principle I won't take my characters to 320 or chase that nonsense.

Now you can focus on your true Destiny John, becoming a Trials Master! We also need to get you the Trials shaders and Scarab Emblem.

I'm also still chasing the following:

• Last NM ship
  • FWC Shaders and Ships
  • All the lvl 25 faction exotic armor(I only have the DO Warlock Bond and just yesterday got the quest for the NM Titan butt cloth)

ZeroCoin

Nice way to start off IB yesterday. Popped 3oC just before the end of the match and got a Hawkmoon for my trouble. Still hoping for a MIDA one of these days.

Hedera

Again, I did not ask for this. It's that bungie RNG seed. They don't want me going back to xbox. ;)

Warning - Do not click on this Xplicit - Might cause Enrage.
Got Bittersteel at Rank 6, Revenant at Rank 8.

Xbox: I've never bothered with FWC
Damn, DO rank 25 on my Hunter, 8 on the Warlock and Titan only netted me Revenant
twice

Now you can focus on your true Destiny John, becoming a Trials Master! We also need to get you the Trials shaders and Scarab Emblem.

So I got Drizzay to help give my longtime friend and new GAF member punkinbear_ a intro to Trials beyond just scrubbing it up and failing with me.

Prior to Monday night, punkin had played One hour and 30 minutes of Trials total. Basically one card at the beginning of the year when I wasn't very good and we had a scrub teammate (our win rate was 18%.)

So, 1.5 hours played, after our 3rd match on Monday, that motherf-----er gets the Year 1 shader. I've played 30 hours of Trials and never seen a shader drop til then.

godfuckingdammit.gif~c200

I nearly kicked him from the party.

Anyway..... I'm cool now.

The stuff you're chasing is way more worthwhile than a number on your nameplate. I don't know what I'm chasing other than improving my skillz.

So, 1.5 hours played, after our 3rd match on Monday, that motherf-----er gets the Year 1 shader. I've played 30 hours of Trials and never seen a shader drop til then.

That's crazy. The shaders both dropped for me at the 6+ matches. Now you have an excuse to play even more Trials! Is it Friday yet Igor?

I'm going to spend as much time as humanly possible on rank 3 this IB. I'm still going to grind crazy hard mind you, but I got my main to rank 3 yesterday. I'll play my other 2 characters and not hand in a single bounty until the last day of IB.

This will maximize my chances of getting a god-tier roll on weyloran's march

WeTeHa

I'm going to spend as much time as humanly possible on rank 3 this IB. I'm still going to grind crazy hard mind you, but I got my main to rank 3 yesterday. I'll play my other 2 characters and not hand in a single bounty until the last day of IB.

This will maximize my chances of getting a god-tier roll on weyloran's march

Tried that last time with the scout rifle. Got a couple of drops, all sucked. Never again.

Shiv47

I'm finding that my time away from Destiny is gradually increasing, and I don't feel compelled to play at all. I logged on yesterday to get the 320 ghost, said "why am I doing this?," and logged off. I hope the spring update provides something worth doing for PvE players, I really do. I want to play, but I want to play stuff I haven't done a thousand times. I expect to be disappointed, unfortunately.

Tried that last time with the scout rifle. Got a couple of drops, all sucked. Never again.

if you have the weeklies done on those other 2 characters, you could just wait till the last day, hand in bounties, then get the packages

there's is literally nothing else I want out of IB besides that sniper rifle. I knew they would troll us with that horrible roll since everyone has been complaining about sniper rifles the past month.

id be happy enough with shortgaze + hidden hand or snap shot. if I could get both, that would be a god-tier roll

WeTeHa

if you have the weeklies done on those other 2 characters, you could just wait till the last day, hand in bounties, then get the packages

yep, that's what I'll be doing. Still need to complete the weeklies on my alts, main problem being the top scorer one. Oh well, 2 weeklies and a couple of dailies should be enough either way.

yep, that's what I'll be doing. Still need to complete the weeklies on my alts, main problem being the top scorer one. Oh well, 2 weeklies and a couple of dailies should be enough either way.

I just have to reach rank 4 on my main. I think I need to win one more match with him and I'm set till Monday. probably just logon to pick up dailies just to make sure

probably got titan-bro today, wait till he gets to rank 3, then switch to my warlock last

spyder_ur

So I got Drizzay to help give my longtime friend and new GAF member punkinbear_ a intro to Trials beyond just scrubbing it up and failing with me.

Prior to Monday night, punkin had played One hour and 30 minutes of Trials total. Basically one card at the beginning of the year when I wasn't very good and we had a scrub teammate (our win rate was 18%.)

godfuckingdammit.gif~c200

I nearly kicked him from the party.

Only 30 hours? Get outta here. I must have over 100 hours (probably well over) in Trials over year 1 and 2 and just saw my first shader on Sunday night. Forget which one.

I have to say I'm having a better IB experience this time around than the last couple. Lag is noticeably better - still there but much improved.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
The PvP in this game is such a fucking joke.

Snipers that aim for you and can't be flinched by any weapon. A pulse burst, snipers don't care. Mida shot, snipers don't care. All it is is fucking headshots over and over by snipers.

Lnkn52

This is the key statement IMO. So they have already basically outlined exactly what is going to be in this "expansion":

(1) a significant light level bump (I previously guessed that it might be to 360 max LL)
(2) new guns, armor, exotics (mostly old unreleased y1, but the few new exotics that have been datamined too)
(3) and new PvE "challenges": i.e. bring back higher LL versions of the some (or all) of the old end game content and possibly put some new twist on it (i.e. different enemy types than before at new enemy spawn points), and add "raid challenges" like the KF raid challenges.

I'll try it out I guess, but I'm not feeling it at all.

Everyone would rather see new stuff. But they're not going to give us legitimately new PvE content "for free" and if they were going to be selling this expansion for money IMO they would have started advertising it already. The new stuff is coming in the Fall 2016 expansion.

Edit: oh and a spring paid expansion would have been mentioned in the Activision conference call.
See you in 2017

Snipers that aim for you and can't be flinched by any weapon. A pulse burst, snipers don't care. Mida shot, snipers don't care. All it is is fucking headshots over and over by snipers.

you clearly don't snipe based on these comments

the flinch from mida and pulse rifles is insane!

LTWood12

Don't try and 1v1 a sniper with a Pulse Rifle from across the map. You see one hard-scoping go a different way.

Kyoufu

Even with the Unflinching perk my reticle bounces around like it just overdosed on cocaine.

ocean

Banned
Don't really care much about PvE changes since no matter what they bring its only fresh and interesting the very first time you do it (Story and Strikes) or maybe the first 3-4 times (Raids)

I hope we get at least a few new PvP maps and that QuickDraw Exotic for Warlocks.

Deku Tree

I did my CM 3x speed run this week, and honestly it was getting really boring. We usually do a full raid, but my regular people bailed after CM lol. Got some infusion fuel for my IB RL that I'll buy from Lord Salad later this week. But honestly after that I may have to put Destiny down for a while.

See you in The Division

I'm thinking about pre-ordering the division. I would like to read some reviews first though. I hope there is no launch day review embargo. I want to know if there is mission variety, or typical UBI open world same missions everywhere padding. I want to know if there will be P2W micro transactions, because UBI has those in some of their other games. And I want to know if there is good PvE end game content. I'd like to get in on some team WIPE DZ gank teams though.

I was playing IB yesterday for a while and the game couldnt match up enough people on either team. I played a lot 5v5 matches. I wonder if there were connection problems or there just aren't enough people playing this now.

Pvp now is just such a shitshow consisting of the hardcore.

Frenden

Banned
I stayed up until 4:00 and finished the brown bounties on all three characters save for checking off Rank 4.

I got three total drops. Banner, plz. Why you do this?

I had a very favorable experience playing last night for 4 hours straight

besides the one match against a fire team of 6. 2 of the guys were teleporting so bad, but that was the exception and not the norm for me.

now, that could all change when I play tonight

WipedOut

I stayed up until 4:00 and finished the brown bounties on all three characters save for checking off Rank 4.

I got my titan to Rank two then stopped, picked up all the bounties on the other characters and raided instead. Resuming tonight, Have weeklies saved up from last IB but of course still need top overall score on titan and warlock. Not sure how I'm going to make that happen, They need to remove that from the bounty.

phen0m24

Puma invited me to play and I did awful. :(

So I popped in PvZ GW2 and played that for a bit.

"Look! Fun! Remember that?" :)

maomaoIYP

Frenden, plz. Why do you do this?
That's a shitload of IB in one day man. If you waited till Sunday to do that you'd be rank 5 for all.

phen0m24

You're the sweaty Dads in PvZ!
:p

It's just so freaking cute. Hard to get mad having been blasted by a sunflower. Those oranges, though.... :p

I'm not going to do any more Clash this weekend. My blood pressure can't take it. But I will be doing the Dark Drinker strike. Woo!

I'm thinking about pre-ordering the division. I would like to read some reviews first though. I hope there is no launch day review embargo. I want to know if there is mission variety, or typical UBI open world same missions everywhere padding. I want to know if there will be P2W micro transactions, because UBI has those in some of their other games. And I want to know if there is good PvE end game content. I'd like to get in on some team WIPE DZ gank teams though.

giphy.gif

Frenden

Banned
I got my titan to Rank two then stopped, picked up all the bounties on the other characters and raided instead. Resuming tonight, Have weeklies saved up from last IB but of course still need top overall score on titan and warlock. Not sure how I'm going to make that happen, They need to remove that from the bounty.

Top score is harder in Clash than in Control or Rift for sure, boooo. I think you can hit R5 on Sunday/Monday with just two weeklies and some Greens if you grind to Rank 2.5-3 ish.

I'll look for you tonight. Gotta get that Doc-train rollin'!

Puma invited me to play and I did awful. :(

So I popped in PvZ GW2 and played that for a bit.

"Look! Fun! Remember that?" :)

I think I'm-a buy it this week. I played waaaay too much of the original PvZ. I had most of the characters unlocked, haha.

You're the sweaty Dads in PvZ!

Citrus Sniper Cactus OP, please nerf. What the fuck is PopCap doing, this PWU is full of nothing, etc, etc.

Frenden, plz. Why do you do this?
That's a shitload of IB in one day man. If you waited till Sunday to do that you'd be rank 5 for all.

I know. I don't even have the excuse that I was drunk this time. My life is a dumpster fire, apparently, and only IB can plug the hole, haha.

I'll be ready for more HOT IB ACTION...

...in 6 hours from now. Work pls...

WHY U WORK?!?! I'm beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

phen0m24

I'd like to get in on some team WIPE DZ gank teams though.

Rawr his buddy and I did that on Saturday
"SURVIVE THE MANHUNT"

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

400 lousy DZ XP

I think I'm-a buy it this week. I played waaaay too much of the original PvZ. I had most of the characters unlocked, haha.
Citrus Sniper Cactus OP, please nerf. What the fuck is PopCap doing, this PWU is full of nothing, etc, etc.

Dude the oranges have shields wut

Dat marine biologist though
imported him
Dolphin shotgun hype!!!

WipedOut

Top score is harder in Clash than in Control or Rift for sure, boooo. I think you can hit R5 on Sunday/Monday with just two weeklies and some Greens if you grind to Rank 2.5-3 ish.

I'll look for you tonight. Gotta get that Doc-train rollin'!

I'm just picking up the bounties on my alts, I'll be saving all the bounties on those guys for sunday/monday. Going to be grinding my titan for most of the time.

LTWood12

I really don't understand people saying sidearms spawning w/ ammo is a problem. It's the only reason they're a viable special weapon. You give up your one shot sniper/shotty for an always ready higher ttk oh shit button. Take the ammo perk away and you might as well just remove the weapon class completely. So sick of the nerf this, nerf that shit.

edit: listening to PD podcast from a couple weeks ago and Pope is complaining about sidearms. SIDEARMS.

Frenden

Banned
Dude the oranges have shields wut

Dat marine biologist though
imported him
Dolphin shotgun hype!!!

YOU CAN IMPORT YOUR CHARACTERS? I HAVE THE MARINE BIOLOGIST TOO. OMG.

I'm just picking up the bounties on my alts, I'll be saving all the bounties on those guys for sunday/monday. Going to be grinding my titan for most of the time.

Yeah. I need to see who is the highest of my three and just focus on him. Get that alt buff later in the week and call it good for the other two.

WeTeHa

I just attacked a lagger with blink strike while he was teleporting around and it warped me into a wall due to autoaim and I died because of misadventure... :O

Top Bottom