• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

ocean

Banned
Super close games are why Clash is great. A small advantage in Control snowballs into a stomp too easily. In clash, it's just deathmatch - of. You outsalay you win. I love it. I also like Control but am really surprised that some people liked IB Rift. All I read was bitching about it (including myself).

A couple people seemed to enjoy the last Sniper AA montage I made and I will continue to point out how broken this shit is until Bungie fixes it, so I made another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptk9wpeqCEs

All but a couple of clips are from 1 session of playing IB yesterday.

I'd also like to point out that I'm using the Mida in a lot of these clips, the alleged gun that can stand toe to toe with snipers. Uh-huh, right.
SPLAT!

I didn't even know Widow's Court was in this IB rotation. ~40 games in and I haven't gotten it yet.

NeOak

Hey guys, remember the Speaker? That guy who seemed so important at the start of the game?

He talks like twice. Celebrity voice acting shot this game in the foot, didn't it?
No, more like scrapping the whole storyline and piecing together whatever they could in a few months.

Hours of voice recording are unusable due to that.

And we lost the superior Dinklebot. You know, the ghost that was actually old and looking for you for years instead of the "I was born yesterday. What's the hive?" Idiotic Nolanbot.

A couple people seemed to enjoy the last Sniper AA montage I made and I will continue to point out how broken this shit is until Bungie fixes it, so I made another one.

I'd also like to point out that I'm using the Mida in a lot of these clips, the alleged gun that can stand toe to toe with snipers. Uh-huh, right.

I'm fully on board with the snipers must die club and would like to apologise to all founder members for any previous comments I've made on the matter :d

The sound of a headshot raises my blood pressure a notch every time. AA needs to go, flinch needs to be a thing (so you descope), ADS speed needs to be way slower and moving the scope should give you a penalty. Shit like this should not be possible

giphy.gif

spyder_ur

Super close games are why Clash is great. A small advantage in Control snowballs into a stomp too easily. In clash, it's just deathmatch - of. You outsalay you win. I love it. I also like Control but am really surprised that some people liked IB Rift. All I read was bitching about it (including myself).

Totally agree. Everyone hated rift when it was here, and it was super unfriendly to lone-wolfers. Clash makes for closer games, a better experience when solo, and if you're in a group of gaffers you're still gonna romp.

Clash is probably my favorite IB mode at this point. I'm fine with Control too.

I have to give Bungie credit because I saw much better connections last night than the last couple IBs. You can tell it's better from the responses here too.

spyder_ur

I still have a DIS-43 order sitting around and I haven't messed with the Gunsmith in ages. Sounds like this is the week?

As to the sniper AA yeah it's getting a bit tedious getting the drop on one and feeling like everyone is the greatest sniper in the world. I'm getting better at staying out of lines. Honestly the only time it drives me crazy is when a guy is like 15 feet away. Sniper should not be the most effective weapon at that range.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm fully on board with the snipers must die club and would like to apologise to all founder members for any previous comments I've made on the matter :d

The sound of a headshot raises my blood pressure a notch every time. AA needs to go, flinch needs to be a thing (so you descope), ADS speed needs to be way slower and moving the scope should give you a penalty. Shit like this should not be possible

Amen, sniping is so broken. It should be a patient, a stealthy and limited use tactic in PvP. Right now it is a primary fighting style at just about any range and any amount of crossfire.

Trakan

this

I saw most of those deaths as just mistakes. taking on snipers that are already hard scoping that area is bad news. their reticule is already at head level

there were a few that might have been questionable but not the majority

I disagree with your assessment. In a majority of the clips, the snipers are not even scoping in yet until they see me or are already being shot by me multiple times. Snipers should not be the "I win" button they currently are. Even if the reticule is already at head level, that shouldn't guarantee a kill the way it does now. If you notice in the video, not a single person ever misses a shot either, again with me shooting the shit out of them.

Glad to see a convert. In addition to your proposed changes, I'd also like to see all scopes that have less than 6x zoom go also. Snipers are not close quarters weapons.

Staying up until 3am might not have been the smartest thing for me to do today but the conversations were too good to stop playing. Also, I found out how to make Clash more fun, No Land Beyond + Shotgun + Nightstalker. I need to practice my Shotgun Shadestep skills so it's a perfect time.

Staying up until 3am might not have been the smartest thing for me to do today but the conversations were too good to stop playing. Also, I found out how to make Clash more fun, No Land Beyond + Shotgun + Nightstalker. I need to practice my Shotgun Shadestep skills so it's a perfect time.

Shadestep + shotgun + lag = super annoying combo.

milkham

I dunno man, I get pissed off by snipers too but a lot of these clips just seem It's entirely appropriate that you got domed. I don't think you can effectively show how crazy the AA can be when you're on the receiving end, especially when you're barely moving

Shadestep + shotgun + lag SWITCH = super annoying combo.

FTFY :p

Haha jk, but yea, lag makes the game not only annoying but simply unplayable. Last night, my Hunter and an opponent's Warlock melee'd at the same time. Damage Referee said, his melee was good, yours was bad so it doesn't count!

yea... don't think so.

Trakan

I dunno man, I get pissed off by snipers too but a lot of these clips just seem It's entirely appropriate that you got domed. I don't think you can effectively show how crazy the AA can be when you're on the receiving end, especially when you're barely moving

Let me try to understand what you're saying. Are you saying that I am just facing MLG pro God snipers in every single match I play? People who can get shot multiple times while aiming, who can quickscope, and never miss a single shot?

I don't buy it.

I disagree with your assessment. In a majority of the clips, the snipers are not even scoping in yet until they see me or are already being shot by me multiple times. Snipers should not be the "I win" button they currently are. Even if the reticule is already at head level, that shouldn't guarantee a kill the way it does now. If you notice in the video, not a single person ever misses a shot either, again with me shooting the shit out of them.

I mean, I get mad at getting sniped like most people do, but you're misrepresenting your evidence. You're telling me that in a self-selected sample, the snipers all hit their shots? Shocking. Also, most of the clips I saw you weren't shooting them before you were dead. And when you are shooting, sometimes it's a horrible engagement for you, like that clip at :30. An auto rifle from across the map while in the open got you sniped, and that's how it should be.

Another thing - this idea that snipers, or anything for that matter, are an 'I win' button that 'guarantees' a kill has always been hyperbolic. If it's so easy, why are so many people, including people on this forum, mediocre at PvP? Do they just not know the secret that snipers are so easy to get kills with? Snipers may need a blanket nerf, but they are subject to a large skill gap and no amount of isolated clips will change that.

Let me try to understand what you're saying. Are you saying that I am just facing MLG pro God snipers in every single match I play? People who can get shot multiple times while aiming, who can quickscope, and never miss a single shot?

I don't buy it.

I agree, I've been killed so many times like that, behind walls, while the other player is behind a wall and so one. The AA is ridiculous and needs to go.

I laugh out when I hit headshots when I aimed no where near the head. And now with that IB sniper that has 99 aim assist, it's even more toxic. Due to the lag the flinch from pulses or scouts is irrelevant, if you're domed, you're dead.

Your video though is not going to reflect your post, you would have been dead in most of those encounters due to your position.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

So a sniper walking side to side and hitting a head-shot is appropriate? The bottom line is they are exploiting the sticky AA and not really making a shot. I can see if you argue the sniper was steady, lined up the shot and then made it, but these guys are ducking in and out of cover while zoomed. Add some real scope sway and lose the AA and these snipers wouldn't hit shit.

milkham

I don't buy it.

Don't mistake my intention, I agree with you that AA can be ridiculous, I just think you're out of cover entirely too long in most of those clips, and it's not showing what you think it is showing. I watched your previous clip and honestly thought it was sarcastic commentary on all the complaining about snipers.

So a sniper walking side to side and hitting a head-shot is appropriate? The bottom line is they are exploiting the sticky AA and not really making a shot. I can see if you argue the sniper was steady, lined up the shot and then made it, but these guys are ducking in and out of cover while zoomed. And some real scope sway and lose the AA and these snipers wouldn't hit shit.

well thats the thing isn't it? there is no scope sway so a sniper moving side to side in destiny is going to get you. I'm not saying otherwise. I just think he's not playing the situation out properly and the clips are not reflecting the AA problem which can really only be seen from the sniper's perspective when the reticule is nowhere near the head but gets a head shot anyway.

I don't buy it.
Except like he said you were standing still in a lot of those, although it's odd that they can so easily fight you mida, but like reign said, in one of those you were fighting a sniper with an auto rifle from pretty far away. The only way you can truly show off AA is if you show it from the snipers POV otherwise you can't say 100% that it is AA. It could have been lag or just a plain good sniper or he just got a lucky shot. I'm saying AA isn't a factor with some sniper kills, I'm just saying that that's not the case every time. It's like saying krafty's snipes are mostly luck and not just pure skill, you're not looking at the every possible factor.

They nerfed Auto Rifles because we used them to much. They nerfed Hand Cannons and Pulse Rifles for the same thing.

So I assume Snipers are next?

They nerfed Auto Rifles because we used them to much. They nerfed Hand Cannons and Pulse Rifles for the same thing.

So I assume Snipers are next?
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, don't you remember the many shotgun nerfs and fusion rifles nerfs? I feel like they can't effectively balance special weapons at this point.

I was actually thinking of Bungie bringing some form of Firefight into Destiny where you get swarmed with dropships spawning trash mobs and at the end of the round you'd fight a random Ultra with special abilities.

But they would have to put in custom games first with a sheer scale of customizable options. Half the charm of Firefight was creating these completely insane game types where you just set the speed to 300% with infinite ammo in your Fuel Rod and just wrecking shit. Without those options, we'd just end up with a bigger Prison of Elders.

Wouldnt mind them cribbing Warzone from Halo 5 either...maybe even griffbal *shifty eyes*.

I am hoping for a mode (that I will probably never play) that is something for the competitive seen to watch on Twitch. I like to watch the tournaments for games and think "wow, maybe I can get better through osmosis."

blazeuk

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, don't you remember the many shotgun nerfs and fusion rifles nerfs? I feel like they can't effectively balance special weapons at this point.

Their balancing of all weapons has been an issue not just special weapons. I think most people can see snipers need a nerf in some way, it's stupid they've become a primary weapon for a lot of people, if a nerf means destroying snipers then it may just give actual primary weapons their chance to shine again.

As for Iron Banner, is was fine for a few games last night but today has had far too much of this sort of thing for me;

2dLexWz5FH06Q.gif

FyreWulff

Hey guys, remember the Speaker? That guy who seemed so important at the start of the game?

He talks like twice. Celebrity voice acting shot this game in the foot, didn't it?

Bungie has had heavy celeb VA presence in every game since Halo 2. They've also changed voices for the same character, but did it between games previously (Prophet of Truth and Miranda Keyes)

The only time celeb voices can cause issues is their availability. If they get locked up in the Hollywood machine, they can't come back and do more lines even if they want to.

Their balancing of all weapons has been an issue not just special weapons. I think most people can see snipers need a nerf in some way, it's stupid they've become a primary weapon for a lot of people, if a nerf means destroying snipers then it may just give actual primary weapons get their chance to shine again.

As for Iron Banner, is was fine for a few games last night but today has had far too much of this sort of thing for me;

2dLexWz5FH06Q.gif

lol don't you know that's a new subclass called Gundancer, the super is called lag.

lol don't you know that's a new subclass called Gundancer, the super is called lag.

LMAO. Gundancing hype!

When Portal Meets Destiny.

But there's no sense crying
over every mistake.
You just keep on trying
'til you run out of cake.
And the science gets done.
And you make a neat gun
for the people who are
still alive.

Bungie has had heavy celeb VA presence in every game since Halo 2. They've also changed voices for the same character, but did it between games previously (Prophet of Truth and Miranda Keyes)

The only time celeb voices can cause issues is their availability. If they get locked up in the Hollywood machine, they can't come back and do more lines even if they want to.

Yeah, but early titles were pulling things like D-List actors, maybe C-list.

Not including small cameos from actors that sought Bungie out, and not the other way around.

Ikkarus

Their balancing of all weapons has been an issue not just special weapons. I think most people can see snipers need a nerf in some way, it's stupid they've become a primary weapon for a lot of people, if a nerf means destroying snipers then it may just give actual primary weapons get their chance to shine again.

2dLexWz5FH06Q.gif
That's what you get for using the Doctrine. ;)

But seriously snipers may as well be considered a primary weapon at this point. The AA on them is far too strong.

They should remove the short range scopes and reduce the fire rate and increase the amount of disruption when you're getting shot.

My number one pet peeve in PvP in Destiny is when you're firing your primary at a sniper scoped in only for them to still manage to pull off a headshot against you. Crap like that shouldn't happen.

Kalamari

Snipers, shotguns, MGs, and rockets are power weapons and should be treated as such. This means no starting ammo and limited pick-ups during the game. It baffles me that Bungie thinks giving out so much ammo to everyone is a god idea.

Top Bottom