• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

I agree that AA in this game should be toned down a bit, but I don't get why some people are saying to completely remove it. Isn't AA supposed to be necessary for console shooters because the controller isn't as accurate as the mouse so AA is needed to balance things out? I feel like that without aim assist it would be really, really hard to use a sniper. Same thing with the short range scopes. What's so bad about them? Call of duty has them and battlefield even has them and they're not a problem at all.

deviant1

WeTeHa has the Totems CP so we're good.

Anybody up for running the Warpriest CM this afternoon, like maybe 5PM EST? Hopefully someone has the CP or can share it. Willing to run x2 or x3 if people need to.

1. Ant78
2. Magik
3. WeTeHa
4. Pandora012
5. Kalamari
6. Jakfu

I sent the people not on my friends list a friend request. I'll start up a party in a few if everyone is still on for this.

Warpriest CM and possibly a full run at 9Est
1) Me
2) Milkham
3) Beagles
4) DreamGazer
5) NeOak
6) Light Knight Sky.

I'll send out invites close to the start time.

Snipers, shotguns, MGs, and rockets are power weapons and should be treated as such. This means no starting ammo and limited pick-ups during the game. It baffles me that Bungie thinks giving out so much ammo to everyone is a god idea.

Look at how that's working in the 3v3 modes though. There's too much room to cheese currently. If they'd address the issue head on then we would be in a much better place. The ammo economy isn't the issue so much as the weapon balance. Shotguns are mostly fine and nobody complains about fusions because nobody uses them anymore, snipers just need serious changes. Even with the ammo like it is we see a lot more people treating snipers like primary than any other special, and if they aren't nerfed but rather receive ammo changes this won't change.

NeOak

Bungie has had heavy celeb VA presence in every game since Halo 2. They've also changed voices for the same character, but did it between games previously (Prophet of Truth and Miranda Keyes)

The only time celeb voices can cause issues is their availability. If they get locked up in the Hollywood machine, they can't come back and do more lines even if they want to.

The Prophet of Truth voice change was some major BS. Killed the character and made him just another silly villain instead of the cunning and planning asshole he was both in Halo 2 and the novels. Really BS.

Navy Bean

That's what you get for using the Doctrine. ;)

But seriously snipers may as well be considered a primary weapon at this point. The AA on them is far too strong.

They should remove the short range scopes and reduce the fire rate and increase the amount of disruption when you're getting shot.

My number one pet peeve in PvP in Destiny is when you're firing your primary at a sniper scoped in only for them to still manage to pull off a headshot against you. Crap like that shouldn't happen.

Snipers are fun to use but they should just de-scope if you get shot (or maybe head shot). Everything else would be fine if you could disrupt them by getting the first shot in...

Ice Breaker and Invective shouldn't gen ammo in PvP if they want to start with no special.

Ice Breaker (170) should also not be a OHK headshot where highest light is almost double, 320 and light matters.

Problem Solved. Primaries will get used or camping session until special gets out.

This is also why pvp and pve don't mix well, unless they want to add a perk for PvP only and a perk for PvE only. "PvP: Ice Breaker only starts regenerating ammo once special ammo has been picked up and used."

bool specialAmmoPickedBoolean = false; // Start of PvP match

When a player picks up special, call this function:

specialAmmoPickedBoolean = true; // sets this bool to true now.

while (specialAmmoPickedBoolean)
{
// function that regens special ammo for ice breaker goes here
}

Tri4

Well, I think the game finally did it. After all that back to back laggy, sweaty and all round terrible IB, I finally decided to quit destiny. Nice knowing you guys.

I'll be back tomorrow >.>

FyreWulff

The Prophet of Truth voice change was some major BS. Killed the character and made him just another silly villain instead of the cunning and planning asshole he was both in Halo 2 and the novels. Really BS.

Yeah, I massively preferred H2 Truth - he just had the perfect asshole leader voice. Apparently Staten changed it because he wanted Truth to seem less obvious that he was up to no good or something. So we got Grandpa Truth for H3.

At least we got Regret's voice actor back for when Regret appeared in Halo Wars.

LTWood12

What would the crucible be like if all these versions of the weapons came together at the same time?:

High Impact Auto Rifles a la 1.0
Low impact auto rifles a la 2.1.1
Scouts 2.1.1
Pulses 2.0
Hand Cannons-1.2
Snipers 2.0
Fusion rifles 1.0
Shotguns 1.2
Heavy Machine Guns 2.0
Rockets 1.2

Ikkarus

Whilst we're on the subject of fixing things it would be glorious to have the shoulder charge patched back to its former glory.

The hit detection on it seems off. :(

Whilst we're on the subject of fixing things it would be glorious to have the shoulder charge patched back to its former glory.

The hit detection on it seems off. :(

Every melee detection is off. Except for warlock's, those always seem to work and kill me on my arcblade /salt

Trakan

I mean, I get mad at getting sniped like most people do, but you're misrepresenting your evidence. You're telling me that in a self-selected sample, the snipers all hit their shots? Shocking. Also, most of the clips I saw you weren't shooting them before you were dead. And when you are shooting, sometimes it's a horrible engagement for you, like that clip at :30. An auto rifle from across the map while in the open got you sniped, and that's how it should be.

Another thing - this idea that snipers, or anything for that matter, are an 'I win' button that 'guarantees' a kill has always been hyperbolic. If it's so easy, why are so many people, including people on this forum, mediocre at PvP? Do they just not know the secret that snipers are so easy to get kills with? Snipers may need a blanket nerf, but they are subject to a large skill gap and no amount of isolated clips will change that.

I know the clip at :30 is ridiculous. It's meant to show how he just barely sees me as I jump onto the platform, aims his scope and immediately hits a headshot due to the AA. In most of the other clips I'd say I'm in prime Mida range, I'm not losing any damage due to falloff.

The AA on snipers allows players to hit shots they have no business of landing. This sample size is from a few hours of playing on 1 day. I'm playing regular matchmaking. These are the mediocre players you're speaking of.

I agree that AA in this game should be toned down a bit, but I don't get why some people are saying to completely remove it. Isn't AA supposed to be necessary for console shooters because the controller isn't as accurate as the mouse so AA is needed to balance things out? I feel like that without aim assist it would be really, really hard to use a sniper. Same thing with the short range scopes. What's so bad about them? Call of duty has them and battlefield even has them and they're not a problem at all.

It needs to be toned down to something reasonable, although I wouldn't care if it was a weapon that relied completely on skill with no AA. Short range scopes allow snipers to be way more powerful at shorter ranges, something they should not be. If they were zooming in at 8x, it would be much harder to snipe.

Call of Duty doesn't have this problem because the time to kill is so fast on all other weapons. You can pick off a sniper very easily and you're actually at a disadvantage using one.

I wish I could join a train, but my work's WiFi is Cathedral of Dusk tier and can't remote play with it. Maybe in 2020 when 5G is out that might be a possibility. And it'll be with Destiny 3. Remember this post when OT 211 hits.

What would the crucible be like if all these versions of the weapons came together at the same time?:

High Impact Auto Rifles a la 1.0
Low impact auto rifles a la 2.1.1
Scouts 2.1.1
Pulses 2.0
Hand Cannons-1.2
Snipers 2.0
Fusion rifles 1.0
Shotguns 1.2
Heavy Machine Guns 2.0
Rockets 1.2

That'd feel good, but just about everything would be insta-kill. I like that Destiny is slower than that.

For instance, 1.0 Fusion Rifles could cross map Rusted Lands A flag to water tower.

stay gold

Every melee detection is off. Except for warlock's, those always seem to work and kill me on my arcblade /salt

Nah Warlock melee is off too. Can't count the number of times i've slapped someone in Radiance and had the melee charge taken, only to get shotgunned in the back by them a few seconds later.

I feel you on Arc Blade though, it's already an easy super to shut down with a shotgun, never mind getting 2/3 swipes to compose yourself.

Axoman

The AA on snipers allows players to hit shots they have no business of landing. This sample size is from a few hours of playing on 1 day. I'm playing regular matchmaking. These are the mediocre players you're speaking of.

If sniping is so easy, can you make a video of you making the opposite video - a video of you making sniping headshot after headshot?

Tri4

Arc Blade messing up a few times too many recently is why I've been practicing Nightstalker lately.
Yeah I'm considering going back to gunslinger. I was actually a pure gunslinger for about 4 months straight (aka since day 1 when I bought TTK) and I only recently switched to bladedancer. I stuck with it because blink is so damn versatile and QuickDraw is excellent.

Yeah I'm considering going back to gunslinger. I was actually a pure gunslinger for about 4 months straight (aka since day 1 when I bought TTK) and I only recently switched to bladedancer. I stuck with it because blink is so damn versatile and QuickDraw is excellent.

Yea, QuickDraw is the best. It's harder to use TLW when I'm not a blade mainly because of the animation when switching to it otherwise.

Xeroblade

Is it possible to use a 3 of coins in Iron Banner? For better drops of course. Also do all IB weapons/armor drop or only the ones announced?

Is it possible to use a 3 of coins in Iron Banner? For better drops of course. Also do all IB weapons/armor drop or only the ones announced?

Yea, you can use it in any PvP match now to get an exotic drop. This doesn't effect your end game rewards drops at all. The exotic drop appears right when the game ends when the winner is displayed during those few seconds you can still kill/be killed.

Xeroblade

Yea, you can use it in any PvP match now to get an exotic drop. This doesn't effect your end game rewards drops at all. The exotic drop appears right when the game ends when the winner is displayed during those few seconds you can still kill/be killed.

Slayerage is so bored he is doing KF raid with TLW only.

Right now @ Warpriest. This won't end well.

http://www.twitch.tv/sc_slayerage

Not for drops, but you can pop one 3oC after every 3-4 matches for a chance at getting an exotic engram.

That is good to know thanks guys!

Trakan

If sniping is so easy, can you make a video of you making the opposite video - a video of you making sniping headshot after headshot?

I see the point you're making here. I can't replicate the point I'm trying to prove showing it from my perspective though. I can't show me getting shot 3 times from a Mida and landing a headshot with a sniper with any sort of frequency like I can when it happens to me. It's broken that his aim isn't being thrown off from flinch, or de-scoping, or some sort of mechanic. I mean, if you want me to hardscope a corner like some of these guys in the video and shoot a guy as he comes around I could, but I don't see how it would prove anything.

NeOak

Yeah, I massively preferred H2 Truth - he just had the perfect asshole leader voice. Apparently Staten changed it because he wanted Truth to seem less obvious that he was up to no good or something. So we got Grandpa Truth for H3.

At least we got Regret's voice actor back for when Regret appeared in Halo Wars.

wait wat? Really!?

This increased my desire to replay Halo Wars on XBO BC even more. Damn.

I raged hard in IB last night yet I will be back to try again tonight :( The want to play Destiny is strong it seems.

I've asked this before but don't think I got any answer, is there a website/spreadsheet/reddit thread/whatever anywhere that shows the best stats for PvP/PvE for each weapon type etc? I have a bunch of stuff in my vault which LOOK as if they would be good, but I don't want to waste time levelling and infusing stuff that could just turn out to be junk.

I've asked this before but don't think I got any answer, is there a website/spreadsheet/reddit thread/whatever anywhere that shows the best stats for PvP/PvE for each weapon type etc? I have a bunch of stuff in my vault which LOOK as if they would be good, but I don't want to waste time levelling and infusing stuff that could just turn out to be junk.

Not sure about a website but if you post your vault here we can probably tell you what's good and worth keeping, and what's trash.

Top Bottom